Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Basketball 2020-21 - March Madness Has Arrived

PleaseBlitz

43 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Bubble teams that don’t make it and whine are the worst. Win some more games and shut up.

Agreed. There have only been a handful of times the past decade or so where I thought a team that truly deserved to get in was snubbed. Ultimately there are always a few teams with almost equal resumes, their job is to win and separate themselves from the pack.

I like Maryland's draw more than Georgetown's, I have seen Colorado play several times this year and they are a well-oiled offensive team. Don't judge them by that loss to Oregon State. However, I trust Georgetown more than Maryland right now, clearly they are playing much better. Maryland will lose to UConn and the Hoyas will defeat Colorado. 

The madness is here! 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Cause UNC is better.  Period.  And both teams are most likely ****ed if they win in the first round, cause both will play the #1 seed in the second round.  Being a #8 or #9 seed is basically interchangeable.  

If you give GA Tech the #8 seed and UNC the #9 seed, nothing changes.  Both have an uphill battle if they win round 1.

Everytime UNC had a chance to prove they were better, they failed. Though I do agree that it makes no difference cause neither team is making the sweet 16 but I like to take shots at the NCAA whenever possible. 

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

WVU got a higher seed than expected and, by all accounts, a great draw, so we'll lose the first weekend. 

When I watched West Virginia play, I believe against Kansas, I thought they were unstoppable.  Culver was scoring at will down low and the guards were making shots all over the place.  Definitely a dangerous team.  After losing to Oklahoma State twice perhaps their confidence might be low.  Morehead State is a sneaky good team, that guy Broome can play.  I think you will win though.  Ultimately Houston will take you down though imo, that's a great team.

38 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

When I watched West Virginia play, I believe against Kansas, I thought they were unstoppable.  Culver was scoring at will down low and the guards were making shots all over the place.  Definitely a dangerous team.  After losing to Oklahoma State twice perhaps their confidence might be low.  Morehead State is a sneaky good team, that guy Broome can play.  I think you will win though.  Ultimately Houston will take you down though imo, that's a great team.

If I had to pick one game where WVU played it's best, it would be that game crushing Kansas.  We can beat anyone because we have Culver down low and a bunch of capable 3 point shooters in McBride, McNeil and Taz Sherman that can fill it up when they are on.  We also cannot guard anybody and so we can lose to pretty much anyone.  This is like a bizarro Huggins team.  Usually our defense and rebounding is ferocious and our offense is like a slow motion car wreck.  

• PleaseBlitz changed the title to College Basketball 2020-21 - March Madness Has Arrived
3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Gambler me has me picking Illinois to win it because everyone is going to pick Gonzaga and Baylor.  

Insane that Gonzaga beat the 2-4 seeds in their region this year. Thought WVU played them well and had them on the ropes..but that's a really good team. 

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Insane that Gonzaga beat the 2-4 seeds in their region this year. Thought WVU played them well and had them on the ropes..but that's a really good team. 

Oh, I agree that Gonzaga is probably the best team.  But you don't win your bracket by picking the obvious favorite, because if they win you still probably don't win.  I won my office pool in 2019 (and am still defending champ :) ) because I picked UVA (a year after they had a brutal first round exit).  Duke was the odds on favorite and Gonzaga and UNC were both trendy picks.  Only like 6 other brackets (out of 300 or so) had UVA, and most of those were by people who went to UVA, picked them out of homerism, and otherwise don't know anything about sports, so the rest of their brackets were a mess. 

Point is, pick someone with a good chance of winning, but don't pick the favorite. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

With the brackets now giving 32 points to winner of the title game, it is impossible to win a bracket without picking the tourney champ. 

The old days of scoring (+1) for each round was much better and gave much more weight to picking early round upsets. Now there is zero incentive to pick upsets.

Picking every game in the opening round correctly is now equal in value to picking the tourney winner. It’s stupid and I’m surprised more math conscious people aren’t all over this. It bugs me every year. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

We got OT in the UCLA/MSU game! UCLA clawed back in the final two minutes of regulation. 

MSU is choking the game away.  UCLA on a 9 point run from the end of regulation through OT.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, China said:

MSU is choking the game away.  UCLA on a 9 point run from the end of regulation through OT.

Yeah. Sorry brother. MSU is too young and inexperienced, that has been my thought all year. UCLA fought harder. 

UCLA advances. Juzeng went down with a turned ankle late, see if he plays vs. BYU.