Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Basketball 2020-21 - March Madness Has Arrived

PleaseBlitz

47 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

If Gonzaga can't win it all this year I am not sure if they ever will.  This was their best chance.

I don't know, it's not like they lost to a team that wasn't great.  Also, Zags have great recruiting classes lined up. 

22 hours ago, China said:

Sports World Reacts To Charles Barkley’s Final Four Performance

Barkley was mostly praised for his performance analyzing the Final Four on Saturday night, though he did have one confusing segment. The former NBA star went on about the “Jims and the Joes,” which seemed to confuse some people.

“The difference between Baylor, Gonzaga and all these other teams: Houston’s got some Joes,” Barkley explained during Saturday’s halftime show. “These other two guys got Jims and Joes. And that’s what will win games. A lot of teams got Jims. A lot of teams got some Joes. Baylor, Gonzaga they’re the only two teams in the tournament that got Jims and Joes.”

Click on the link for more

So did it turn out that this is the language that Coach Drew from Baylor uses? Did I hear that right?

I understood what Barkley was trying to say. He butchered the quote tho and then made it worse by rambling on about Jims n Joes. Classic Chuck. 😆

The original quote is.... 

"It's not the X's and the O's but the Jimmys and the Joes."

No clue who originally said it tho. Google seems to attribute it to numerous coaches. 

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

I don't know, it's not like they lost to a team that wasn't great.  Also, Zags have great recruiting classes lined up. 

So did it turn out that this is the language that Coach Drew from Baylor uses? Did I hear that right?

Yeah, it sounds like they’ll be getting Chet Holmgren next year.  Timme may end up staying.

• 1 month later...

Reports: Duke's Mike Krzyzewski to retire after upcoming college basketball season

Mike Krzyzewski’s legendary coaching career is reportedly nearing its end.

According to multiple reports, the longtime Duke men’s basketball coach will retire following the 2021-22 season. Jeff Goodman of Stadium was the first to report the news. 

The 74-year-old Krzyzewski, known to most as "Coach K," has been the head coach of the Blue Devils since 1980. Along the way, Krzyzewski has coached Duke to five national championships, 12 Final Four appearances, 15 ACC tournament titles and 12 ACC regular season championships.

Click on the link for the full article

32 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I don't think playing for Jon Scheyer is really going to motivate the recruits to come to Duke after next season....should be an interesting transition period for Duke now :ols: 

Blue chips go to Duke not just because of K, but because it is arguably the biggest name brand bball team, they are on national TV nearly every game, and they have a good a chance of playing in the Final four as anyone at the start of every year.  That will all still be true so long as Scheyer (or whoever they pick) can actually coach.  ESPN has a HUGE interest in keeping Duke relevant.

That said, I hope whoever takes the reigns crashes and burns so I don't have to hear about Duke during ****ing Big 12 games.  

• Like 1

I wonder if Duke will look at Quin Snyder.  He started real well at Missouri before getting hit with NCAA violations and ultimately resigning and taking shots at the AD.  He's carved out a nice place for himself in the NBA though.   

Mike Brey's been the most successful former assistant/player K's had but he's likely too old at this point.  Duke will probably look for someone younger.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's Jon Scheyer.  

• 1 month later...