Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For you evil minded wrong doers in this thread that like tormenting innocent civilians, Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2 has to be up there.

Few games give you the fun of lassoing a random stranger and dragging them behind your horse. Or keeping them lassoed and strapping them to your horse and then placing them on active railroad tracks. 

There are so many evil possibilities.

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

For you evil minded wrong doers in this thread that like tormenting innocent civilians, Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2 has to be up there.

Few games give you the fun of lassoing a random stranger and dragging them behind your horse. Or keeping them lassoed and strapping them to your horse and then placing them on active railroad tracks. 

Do that to a nun in the game and you unlock an achievement (if memory serves).

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

I used to cheat at cards, and if I was caught, I'd lasso the guy onto my horse and drag him thru town. 🙃 

• Haha 2

Not to get it twisted, I absolutely enjoy slaughtering the evil, too. Reminds me of the bandit den in Fallout: New Vegas where the chef guy (I think his name was literally "Cookcook") rapes the NCR soldier, and I just chainsawed everybody at the camp 

It made me feel good...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38198111/madden-24-primer-99-club-best-rookies-player-ratings

On 8/15/2023 at 9:26 PM, CRobi21 said:

Rdr is being brought back but only for switch and ps4. Fans are pissed there's no remaster 

• Sad 1

There was a time Red Dead Redemption had the fps boost on the Xbox one x and ran pretty well at 60 fps. No clue why that was removed and done away with. 

Also no excuse for RDR2 running at 30 fps on current consoles. Forget remastering them when they can't even run the current versions at 1080p n 60 fps. 🤓

I skipped Cyberpunk 2077 because of all the reviews saying it was a nightmare with bugs. Picked it up recently on sale and it’s fantastic. Already ordered the expansion. Working on getting the secret ending now that I actually know what I’m doing. 

My wife spends an entire afternoon hunting down clothing sets in the game. She’ll take on a whole gang of enemies too high for her level, just to get some sunglasses off a body further down that alley. lol

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

So many good games this year and I still have a back log of 12. Hopefully I’ll finish Ragnarok soon. But I still have ratchet & clank, hitman 3, far cry 6 (which I very well could get bored of before finishing) , Elden Ring, Kena and quite a few others.

Now I’ve had to add Remnant, BG3, Spider-Man 2

not to mention the following have had good reviews

immortals of aveum 

wild hearts

armored core

Jedi Survivor

Wo Long

Atlas Fallen

just too many. I wanted a PSVR2, but there is so much to play and I don’t have the time. Maybe next gen..  

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I wanted a PSVR2, but there is so much to play and I don’t have the time. Maybe next gen..  

I am glad I didn't succumb to FOMO with PSVR2.  I was in Grand Cayman last November when preorders opened up and I was probably one of the first people to preorder it.

But as it got closer to launch, there just wasn't anything I wanted.  And I decided to cancel my preorder like a week before it launched.

I'm glad I did as there is STILL nothing in the pipeline right now.  It's almost as if they've already abandoned it.

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I am glad I didn't succumb to FOMO with PSVR2.  I was in Grand Cayman last November when preorders opened up and I was probably one of the first people to preorder it.

But as it got closer to launch, there just wasn't anything I wanted.  And I decided to cancel my preorder like a week before it launched.

I'm glad I did as there is STILL nothing in the pipeline right now.  It's almost as if they've already abandoned it.

That sucks. You would think if they pushed it and put some great games out people would follow. It makes me wonder why they didn’t  put more money into the VR division instead of coming out with a handheld.

Don’t you have to be connected with the handheld? What’s the point? I can spend $200 to walk 10 ft into my bedroom and play it in bed? I guess if you go to a relatives house or something you would take it. It just seems like this is a loser. Put money into the VR gaming and I think people will come. 

9 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

That sucks. You would think if they pushed it and put some great games out people would follow. It makes me wonder why they didn’t  put more money into the VR division instead of coming out with a handheld.

Don’t you have to be connected with the handheld? What’s the point? I can spend $200 to walk 10 ft into my bedroom and play it in bed? I guess if you go to a relatives house or something you would take it. It just seems like this is a loser. Put money into the VR gaming and I think people will come. 

You can't play it from a relatives house.  It's connects on the local wifi to the PS5.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 4:59 PM, Destino said:

I skipped Cyberpunk 2077 because of all the reviews saying it was a nightmare with bugs. Picked it up recently on sale and it’s fantastic. Already ordered the expansion. Working on getting the secret ending now that I actually know what I’m doing. 

My wife spends an entire afternoon hunting down clothing sets in the game. She’ll take on a whole gang of enemies too high for her level, just to get some sunglasses off a body further down that alley. lol

As I said earlier in this thread, I laughed when this game flopped. I bought it a month ago and haven't been able to put it down. So much better than any of The Witcher games, I have some minor nitpicks and there are still some bugs, but I really like this game. Played for a couple of hours last night, all I did was play around with my gear, crafting and skills. Such a fun game, can't wait for the free update next month which is supposed to overhaul the game.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:26 PM, CRobi21 said:

I try to play the game pretty straight, but if I see a house...I'm going in. I don't want to kill you, so just let me rob you, if you put up a fight...I will kill you, your dog and burn your body. Getting caught for crimes (any crimes) in this game is brutal, I don't do too many GTA style rampages with RDR2, I don't think I've done any. However, if I have to chase down a witness to not go to jail, someone is going to disappear. I try to play as a good guy, but I'm a criminal who does criminal things when necessary.

Whenever I kill someone and I can get to their horse, I like to check their saddlebags for loot. However, sometimes the horse can be a little jumpy and I can't calm the horse down without getting kicked. If a horse kicks me...its getting a tomahawk to the face and STILL getting looted. I'm getting my loot...I'm getting it...

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can someone briefly describe Cyberpunk?

Blade Runner with fully customizable dongs.

Spoiler

Just to be clear I'm being facetious, somebody who has played it can describe it more fully.

It flopped on release because of a number of brutal bugs, but its popularity is rising now that a lot of that has been patched up I believe.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Does anyone else do PlayStation stars? I got enough points back in April for $5. I don’t know how. I looked last night and the same thing. So, I went through their list and started some of their games that you can earn points with. 

I bought Dreams 4 years ago and never played it. So, I started it up last night because you could get 50 points. You only have to play the game for a few minutes to get the points. I’m not really into playing Dreams right now, but there are a ton of cool mini-games and art that people have posted on there. I seriously impressed.

It had another list of games to choose from for another 50 points. So I downloaded Human Fall Flat from PS+ thinking I would play a couple minutes and delete. A  hour later I was really enjoying it. It’s a physics based game with a wobbly/jelly like human. It’s short and was fun to gain those 50.

There were another list for 50 points and I downloaded Hot Wheels and played one race. 

So, 150 points added last night. I need to keep up on this. Might not be the most efficient gaming time, but it’s fun and you try things you wouldn’t normally. Plus you eventually earn the money.