Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

the current cable management gives me anxiety 

It was super clean when I first set it all up and had PS3 and 360 in there.

Then I got Xbox One.  Then PS4.  Then Switch.  Then PSVR.  And I took my PS4/PSVR places.  

So I never did any management once I had all that crap.

But once I get XSX I don't see having to mess with anything for a while.  And I'm more anal about cable management now too with the arcade stuff I've been working on so it bothers me more now too. 

Also, the haptic triggers on the DS5 are INSANE.  It's hard to explain how awesome they are until you just feel it.  The way they are used in Astrobot is impressive and a great showcase of what is to come.

• Like 1

Early thoughts on Just Cause 3:  The lack of a tutorial kind of sucks for someone that didn't play JC 1 or 2.  I did the part where they introduce you to tethers and it just said, "here are tethers, destroy everything in this area."  

image.gif.9db1af023c7e1f48eadcac293d9882b3.gif

It took me 15 minutes to figure it out (in my defense, I was fairly drunk).  So, I very much enjoy the concept of the game (destroy things) but the learning curve is fairly steep for what should be a pretty basic game.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

From what I remember, it was easier to start basic with the grapple gun. Get used to using it to grapple hook into buildings,  on rooftops, and on attacking helicopters.

Making it a combat focal point (hooking and throwing people, etc) came a bit later, and the Spider-Man style of traversing  the environment with it came a bit after that.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Finally got my Series X from Amazon. By the looks of the packaging and the hole in the Series X box, I'd say this thing was thrown around quite a bit. Not too happy about it. The UPS delivery guy was kind of a piece of **** as well and gave me the impression he didn't treat the package with much respect. Downloading Valhalla now.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Finally got my Series X from Amazon. By the looks of the packaging and the hole in the Series X box, I'd say this thing was thrown around quite a bit. Not too happy about it. The UPS delivery guy was kind of a piece of **** as well and gave me the impression he didn't treat the package with much respect. Downloading Valhalla now.

I feel your pain, this is how UPS treated my PS5.

oJuf84z.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I worked for UPS facility immediately out of HS. I can 100% confirm this, unfortunately 

It was you!!! You destroyed my package as revenge for promoting AC Valhalla!!! There's a viking horde in your future.

Edited by Kurd Cudins
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I worked for UPS facility immediately out of HS. I can 100% confirm this, unfortunately 

Seems like a rough gig for sure.

I know that they can't treat our precious packages with extreme care, but I was shocked at the condition of the box. Thankfully the internal packaging from Sony was solid or my system would've been destroyed lol.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I know that they can't treat our precious packageliwith extreme care, but...

It's partly to do with this, but I can assure you some cats just dgaf.

It likely depends on the facility. Some are run tighter than others. The one I worked out of was a backwater by comparison to others.

They mostly cared about quota/volume, and so long as packages weren't damaged to the point of complaint, and there wasn't an extensive history, or an audit, those guys would just look the other way while dudes would toss the hell out of stuff. Big stuff, little stuff, fragile stuff. Didn't matter.

• Like 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

I know that they can't treat our precious packageliwith extreme care, but I was shocked at the condition of the box. Thankfully the internal packaging from Sony was solid or my system would've been destroyed lol.

The Amazon packaging was suspect at best. They didn't use the bubble wrap on all sides so the Series X box was clearly shifting and hitting the outer box. Its working fine and it seems more solid than previous consoles. I was worried about it being bigger but its a great size and the shape is better. I like the controller too. Slightly(very) smaller with better grip.

• Like 1

Yeah, after working with them, you kinda start to understand what you're ok ordering online, and what you're just gonna have to go physically pick up. The pandemic obviously makes this harder to accomplish right now though.

I've personally witnessed so much destruction,  mostly TV's and computers and lamps, just shattering into a million pieces when they come flying off the chute (because some greenhorn greased the hell out of it).