Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Insomniac thread: 2020 - Week 9 - Welcomes the restless,die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

Big game tomorrow. The plaoffs are now! November football is here! Go F Team! WooooHoooo!!!

No I am not totally drunk yet... maybe after couple of more beers... eating Tostitos and dipping them in yucca sauce. The spicy aftertaste has a little kick to it too. 

:giantssuck::giantssuck::giantssuck::giantssuck::giantssuck::giantssuck::giantssuck:

HTTFT!

On defense, I am anxious to see Cole Holcomb’s continued progress, if Kamren Curl shows belongs at FS and the defensive front dominate the line of scrimmage.

On offense, I am expecting Kyle Allen to protect the football and not force throws that result in an interception(s), the offensive line to stand their ground to provide a pocket/create running lanes and a solid game plan from Norval’s kid.

We never do **** of special teams so I don’t have any expectations.  Just don’t turn the ball over.

i pretty much have the take that the team has rotted it's way down to full corpse and will only be reanimated with snyder gone (yes, i'm very skeptical that all the new hires will really change anything and 3-4 years or sooner will be looking at another turnover of coaching staff)

till then no matter what the recipe is, the dish will most likely taste like **** more consistently than not and have only the barest trace of nutrients but it's the only food available to we wft fans so we eat it until we don't

it's a choice, and it's hardly the only bad one i've made, repeatedly, over the years :D and i'm still hanging on (one of my stunted development issues)

my one hope is to outlive snyder's ownership

37 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i pretty much have the take that the team has rotted it's way down to full corpse and will only be reanimated with snyder gone (yes, i'm very skeptical that all the new hires will really change anything and 3-4 years or sooner will be looking at another turnover of coaching staff)

till then no matter what the recipe is, the dish will most likely taste like **** more consistently than not and have only the barest trace of nutrients but it's the only food available to we wft fans so we eat it until we don't

it's a choice, and it's hardly the only bad one i've made, repeatedly, over the years :D and i'm still hanging on (one of my stunted development issues)

885A1FA3-4D03-4B28-9FE6-3DFB128AA3A3.gif.b80770983ad814dd270db4c033f9b630.gif

ok ok i'm sorry for the debbie downer post :D apparently being a downer for others (while standing by my prediction), but that take and attitude towards dan's ownership and what it's been like on many levels for many years finally being something i am not only done with but have significant animosity about is the main reason why i haven't posted that much in  the stadium the last 2 seasons and when i do i try to keep it more positive without being insincere :806:

i try to 'like' all the posts that are doing what i used to try to do more in the past as the best i can do lately and i obviously haven't thrown in the towel on wft, just dan  :)...and while driven by emotion as all humans are, i also routinely lean into logic/fact/data/rationality in assessments so if the facts and data change i will change my take :) 

4 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

First game all year for this team in which they're going in as the favorites. Time to show whether or not it's warranted. Not confident either way in the outcome, but will be interesting to see. 

wasn't they 1 pt favorites over dallas

WFT being a favorite over Dallas broke a streak of the WFT being underdogs in every game since the Jets game last year

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont think I've ever been more excited to watch what is bound to be a monumentally ****ty football game.

"WHO ARE WE?!"

"WFT!"

I’d like to compliment you on your new avatar.  

Not as good as the old Soviet flag you had for a while.  But pretty good.  

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I thought you were really odd so that was unlikely?  :P 

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I thought you were really odd so that was unlikely?  :P 

i don't know that my oddity is the issue as much as my age :P and that's why i specified 'outliving' his 'ownership' :) 

i'm also that kind of old guy in hs 60's that isn't done being a handful in any situation

434.jpg

(no, that's not really me :806:)

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Jeebus, I have been so absorbed in the news this week I have barely given any thought towards this game.

I don't think I have been so uninformed going into a game... ever...

What is this about ticket prices being high? Are people talking about the secondary market?

yes. they are 195 dollars.

Had a good Sunday yesterday.  Decided for the first time ever to not watch the game but tape it and if they won I would watch it and if they lost I would delete the game.

Spent my day outside doing yard projects for six hours.  The weather was close to 80 degrees so we will not have this many good weather days left before Winter arrives.

For Washington to lose at home against the Giants is disappointing.   Galdi on the radio today said he is close to the point of possibly rooting for us to lose so we can pick in the

top 3 of the draft to get another quarterback.

Archived