Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As if 2020 couldn't get any worse ... new study recommends no more than one alcoholic drink per day

Corcaigh

When I was a young man the recommended limit was four units per day (14 per week) for a male, now it's one, and ideally half a drink.

This is now the same limit as for women.

Bunch of lightweights quoted in the article.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/men-urged-to-limit-alcohol-to-one-drink-a-day-amid-new-concerns-11597688916#:~:text=Sumathi Reddy,-Biography&text=Men should consume no more,matches the guidance for women.

:pint:

😥😭😱

1 minute ago, China said:

Well, it's not like he was meeting the old guidelines anyway.  Won't matter to him.

@PleaseBlitz is following Biblical Old Testament standards.

Methuselah lived to be 969 years old. PB is budgeting on a lifespan of 96.9 years and so limits himself to ten drinks per day to meet the Biblical health guideline.

does anyone in here actually know how many drinks they have "per day"? i never understood that. most people dont drink every day, and most people drink very inconsistently (1 week i'll have 3 beers, the next week i'll have 20 beers if i'm watching sports all week ha). these metrics mean nothing to me

and even if you're taking a weekly average, this is saying if i have 7 drinks at once, it does no harm?

Archived