Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

23 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

My mom and stepdad live near Philly and the night they lost to the Bucs in the playoffs in Snyders first year, they went to a Philly restaurant for their anniversary. At some point the maitre'd comes to check on them and my stepdad says everything is excellent, but my mom is depressed because her team lost. The maitre'd says "The Redskins? Ma'am, nothing against them, but I really hope I never see your owner again in this restaurant." I guess Jeff Lurie had taken Snyder to dinner there when we played the Eagles, and that's the impression he made on the staff. Between that, the Mike Nolan ice cream, reaming Norv after we lost to Dallas....we knew early on what this guy was about. 

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a personal experience knowing about the Snyder. I'm just saying a lot of fans don't or didn't know things like that was going on for years. 

Edited by HogsVa7
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, HogsVa7 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a personal experience knowing about the Snyder's. I'm just saying a lot of fans don't or didn't know things like that was going on for years. 

A lot of this sort of stuff has been out there since VERY early on, and was posted about on this board. It’s gotten exponentially worse obviously but if you made an all-inclusive timeline of Snyder scandals it sounds like you’d be surprised by how many happened in the early years while many fans were still making excuses for him. And this was separate from his football failures and interferences—I’m talking personal assholery of the highest order, and it wasn’t just anecdotal. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

A lot of this sort of stuff has been out there since VERY early on, and was posted about on this board. It’s gotten exponentially worse obviously but if you made an all-inclusive timeline of Snyder scandals it sounds like you’d be surprised by how many happened in the early years while many fans were still making excuses for him. And this was separate from his football failures and interferences—I’m talking personal assholery of the highest order, and it wasn’t just anecdotal. 

I can admit that I backed Snyder when he became owner and back in the 2000's cause I always thought he was an owner as a diehard fan when he was a kid and just wanted to win even with his dumb football decisions. Like I said I never knew the clues even back then. I was young. Being 34 years old now I made a huge mistake even doing that. 

I had 2 coworkers who used to work at Snyder Communications in the 90s. They hated it, were working in fear and afraid to go home before Snyder did every night. I have a real problem with toxic workplaces with bully bosses, so I knew he would be bad for this team.

But I thought he would learn and grow out of those sociopathic behaviors, but all he did was double down and find stooges to take the fall for him...if anything he just got worse.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Between that, the Mike Nolan ice cream, reaming Norv after we lost to Dallas....we knew early on what this guy was about. 

Then giving control to Schottenheimer and then firing him for not letting Dan play fantasy football. Bringing back Vinny the Clown, OBC, etc.

But all most of the posters on here wanted to say was "All he wants to do is win!!!"  While it was pretty obvious that he really just wanted to cash in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

But all most of the posters on here wanted to say was "All he wants to do is win!!!"  While it was pretty obvious that he really just wanted to cash in. 

I'm still amazed how so many people used to say that on these boards from 2007-2019 or so. I never understood that because all the evidence indicated the opposite. If he truly cared he would have hired a competent GM and got out of the way years ago.

Wish the other owners did their due diligence about what kind of boss he was instead of just looking at his money. He should have been suspended for firing Marty and whining about fantasy football. Not a good look for the league when an owner cares more about stats than winning.

Oh well at least Snyder didn't call plays down from the booth or choose the QB for each play like Irsays father did!🙄

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Oh well at least Snyder didn't call plays down from the booth or choose the QB for each play like Irsays father did!

But I think I remember some talk about him forcing Norv to bench Johnson for George, and that certainly worked out well, lol. 

26 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm still amazed how so many people used to say that on these boards from 2007-2019 or so. I never understood that because all the evidence indicated the opposite. If he truly cared he would have hired a competent GM and got out of the way years ago.

Wish the other owners did their due diligence about what kind of boss he was instead of just looking at his money. He should have been suspended for firing Marty and whining about fantasy football. Not a good look for the league when an owner cares more about stats than winning.

Oh well at least Snyder didn't call plays down from the booth or choose the QB for each play like Irsays father did!🙄

I still think he wants to win but for all the wrong reasons. He wants to do it HIS way and thats it just to shove it it everyones face

17 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Apparently they are giving away seat cushions at Sunday's game, but aren't giving them away until AFTER the game because they don't want the fans throwing them onto the field 😀

I doubt that the 30k Packers fans that show up will want those seat cushions. 

2 hours ago, HogsVa7 said:

You could be right. The new owner can keep the fanbase of what it is, and bring the one's that left back in of however he plans to do. For the new generation keep the tradition that's just me. Snyder tried to keep the fanbase with this rebrand and it doesn't work cause we want him gone from ownership. What you're saying I'm assuming is a new owner with a new fanbase and everything will workout find, but I can tell you it wouldn't work. 

The Redskins are dead. The fanbase is mostly dead. When boomers and genxers die off, there won’t be anyone who cares about the past.  

The oldest millennials were little kids during Gibbs 1.  

The new owner has to build a new tradition of winning.

50 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I still think he wants to win but for all the wrong reasons. He wants to do it HIS way and thats it just to shove it it everyones face

Dan just wants to make money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

"All he wants to do is win!!!" 

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm still amazed how so many people used to say..

I'm one. The paydays that were given out.......big name free agents......from afar seemed as he wanted the best players money could buy.

Wow. The fact that the team isn’t flying them all in and putting them up somewhere for the ceremony is wild enough and amateur hour. The fact they have NO itinerary or info at all is embarrassing. 

All expected, especially as these events honoring various players are just gimmicks to encourage fans to buy tickets for that week, but damn. 

• Like 1