Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm pretty sure that Deacon Jones died a number of years ago.  Unfortunate because he was quite a character, I always liked seeing his interviews.  But I am not sure what a snake tattoo has to do with him.

He once said “To kill the snake, you got to cut off its head.”

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The fact that this is on NFL.com is incredible

They might find it necessary, though, if they are finally to rid themselves of an owner who has driven one of their most revered franchises into the ground, while also bringing relentless embarrassment and shame to the league.

I mean, pow. Damn.  FROM NFL.com

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

18 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

What would really help is some of the other owners or more high profile former players would come out ripping him. I guess I should just be happy that the big news sites are on it but can you imagine how much more damage it would be if others would join in with Irsay.

Maybe instead of writing to the sponsors we should write to the other 31 teams.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

The fact that this is on NFL.com is incredible

I mean, pow. Damn.  FROM NFL.com

This really sums it all up.  

Had he been a good owner, had be piloted this franchise to significant heights, won a Superbowl, been able to negotiate for a new stadium, he probably survives this.  It's the fact that he's been a loser, he's tanked the value of the franchise, he's broken the spirit of the fans AND he's engaged in unethical behavior on top of everything else that ties a neat bow on everything.

A buddy of mine and I were talking last night, we couldn't decide one redeemable thing he's done as an owner other than bringing Gibbs back for Round 2.  Like, there's nothing worth mentioning that you can point to his ownership and say, "Well, at least he's done THAT or at least he's accomplished THIS."

There's no reason to keep him as owner.  None.  And I don't see how he comes back from this after the Irsay comments, the fact that a site like NFL.com is writing this, the Al Michaels comments on TNF.  

Maybe I'm getting my hopes too high here, but it's just a matter of how long it'll take.  But Dan's days are numbered, I don't see how he survives this.  No one is backing him publicly.  No one wants to be associated with him.  He's done.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Had he been a good owner, had be piloted this franchise to significant heights, won a Superbowl, been able to negotiate for a new stadium, he probably survives this.

I honestly think that getting the new stadium would be enough for the other owners.    

3 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

He hasn’t been able to get one and I don’t see him getting one now in all of this…..so……

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Regional governments would face pressure from fans not to work with him.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

He hasn’t been able to get one and I don’t see him getting one now in all of this…..so……

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

I would have to agree.  At this point the only thing he can do is build a new one near FedEx.   I think he owns that land.   He would probably have to sell part of the team to raise the money.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This really sums it all up.  

Had he been a good owner, had be piloted this franchise to significant heights, won a Superbowl, been able to negotiate for a new stadium, he probably survives this.  It's the fact that he's been a loser, he's tanked the value of the franchise, he's broken the spirit of the fans AND he's engaged in unethical behavior on top of everything else that ties a neat bow on everything.

A buddy of mine and I were talking last night, we couldn't decide one redeemable thing he's done as an owner other than bringing Gibbs back for Round 2.  Like, there's nothing worth mentioning that you can point to his ownership and say, "Well, at least he's done THAT or at least he's accomplished THIS."

There's no reason to keep him as owner.  None.  And I don't see how he comes back from this after the Irsay comments, the fact that a site like NFL.com is writing this, the Al Michaels comments on TNF.  

Maybe I'm getting my hopes too high here, but it's just a matter of how long it'll take.  But Dan's days are numbered, I don't see how he survives this.  No one is backing him publicly.  No one wants to be associated with him.  He's done.

Yeah but have the dates for the 2023 Harvest Fest been finalized yet?

• Thanks 1

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

I would have to agree.  At this point the only thing he can do is build a new one near FedEx.   I think he owns that land.   He would probably have to sell part of the team to raise the money.

Even then he's going to have to foot all of the bill on construction.  Noone is going to help him right now.  And it's been mentioned often on here I don't think he has the money for that.

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I read through those texts a few minutes back. I don’t see how he makes the connection that it is Snyder’s fault based on that. Maybe I’m missing something. Galette has done a lot of yelling for a guy that has 34.5 sacks through 6 seasons. He talks like he’s the best ever to play. His twitter is absolutely annoying. If he was one of the best to play, he would of had a team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Everyone is now piling on...I heard the gate guard at Ashburn turned his back on him as he drove through the gate this morning.

Sorry to be naive, but who is “he” in your statement. Snyder? I’m just confused because I thought he was over seas. Plus the gate guard was probably just doing as Mr. Snyder wanted and didn’t make eye contact 😒

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

Sorry to be naive, but who is “he” in your statement. Snyder? I’m just confused because I thought he was over seas. Plus the gate guard was probably just doing as Mr. Snyder wanted and didn’t make eye contact 😒

Just humor...Im sure Snyder is no where near the Eastern Seaboard right now.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

If he can get the unions to work with him.

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I read through those texts a few minutes back. I don’t see how he makes the connection that it is Snyder’s fault based on that. Maybe I’m missing something. Galette has done a lot of yelling for a guy that has 34.5 sacks through 6 seasons. He talks like he’s the best ever to play. His twitter is absolutely annoying. If he was one of the best to play, he would of had a team. 

Yeah, junior galette has been doing a lot of crying for a long time now. He’s annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2