Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

He ain’t getting a stadium. 

DC and Maryland have made it clear for a while they’re not interested. 

the Republican AG of Virginia owes his political career to his mentor George Allen. And the Republican governor is tied to George as well. There’s a reason the AG jumped at the chance to open an investigation when news dropped of defrauding Virginian season ticket holders. 

Politics is a blood sport. And my money is on him going after Bruce completely torpedoed a VA stadium deal. And he doesn’t have the money to do it himself.  He won’t get a stadium. That dream is dead. 

All bully’s eventually reach a point where they go after the wrong person, and they get their ass kicked for it. It’s the natural progression caused by arrogance. 

And that’s what he did when he went after Allen. And they all know that as long as he doesn’t get a stadium, he’s ****ed. 

He’s the only one that doesn’t understand that. But, that problem will fix itself in due time. 

I did not know that about the relationship with Allen. I live in MD and no politician here is signing up for that, at least no sane one. 

It still never hurts to reinforce that with your state rep. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

wife isn’t happy but I already told her the moment they announce the move I’m looking at reopening the season ticket account.

I may do that, we had a group of 20 guys    We had 16 season tickets between us some club, some upper and lower level, we are down to 2 tickets in the end zone. 

Dan gets kicked I may be back, I know at least one other guy would be back. I would definitely attend the parade. 

21 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeesh.

Snyder looks like he is in his pajamas and was just woken up after going on a bender.

Looked exactly how I’d normally look late on a Friday/Saturday night after heavy drinking in college and a friend on each side of me trying to sober me up before bed 😂 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

and yeah - I’m going to the parade. Cause there will be a parade. 

I’ve had this vision for the past year or so, since things have started to look somewhat realistic, of this very parade you speak of.  Probably funded by many of the wealthy folks in this area that have taken their money and ran from Snyder.  The money that used to pay for what are now zombie suites.  I totally see folks coming out from under rocks to celebrate such an event.  It’s wild to me the thought that a stadium saves him, because you have to fill a stadium.  The only thing that can fill a stadium is Dan being removed from ownership, that’s the only way it works.  It’s something we all deserve.  And I understand those who remain skeptical, as the bad guy has always won.  But for once, we’re fighting back and the bad guy is cornered.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

no one is going to stand at a podium next to snyder and announce they just gave hundreds of millions of our (the tax payers) money to snyder 

he had strong people including the speaker backing the proposal. 

And they couldn’t even get it to a vote. 

It’s done. It’s over. Grab your favorite drink. Don your favorite gear. Enjoy watching what we’ve been begging for for YEARs. 

wife isn’t happy but I already told her the moment they announce the move I’m looking at reopening the season ticket account. 

and yeah - I’m going to the parade. Cause there will be a parade. 

All of this. Its political suicide to stand on a podium and have picture ops shaking hands with the devil.

Dans done. One way or the other

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Yep, said it a while ago. Ron can’t stand the atmosphere around here, it has nothing to do with the team anymore. No one cares about anything other than Dan, and it’s a boulder running down a mountain at this point. Ron attempted to steer the ship in the right direction, but until they actually win and look good doing it no one is going to do anything other than they do now. That ESPN article doesn’t post if they are 4-1 heading into that game. And please don’t tell me otherwise.

Thing is, the stuff the article talks about is the reason this team was never going to be 4-1 heading into last night's game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Snyder looks all sorts of messed up.  The guy needs to get the hell away from this franchise.

Yeah. It’s clear this is impacting his health, it’s got to right? With everything that’s going on, all the news articles and scandals surrounding him, I’d imagine there’s a LOT of drinking involved…. Yeah, he deserves all of it, but at a personal level, even though he deserves what’s coming at him, a small part of me kinda feels bad seeing him looking in the state he’s in, in that picture. For the sake of his (and all of our) mental health, selling the team just seems like the smart thing to do here. 

(I said a SMALL part of me, a very VERYYYYYY small part) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

I've been doubting anything happening to the team, and still feel like it would be too good to be true, but Al Michaels saying that Dan should sell feels like it's a message directly from the NFL. Michaels might be at the "old man gives no ****" age, but he's about as close as you can get to being an NFL spokesman without taking a dime directly from the NFL. I think the NFL told him to say it, and that's their first shot across Dan's bow without firing their own guns.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Looks like an intervention coupled with denial. Why are they leaning on him?  He is not well.

Is that Wright next to him?  Because that body language including fingers locked between his legs look has a very bad vibe to it...that's clearly concern...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I don’t care how rich that man is, knowing that everyone wants you to leave has to be so destabilizing.  

I’ve long thought the same thing.  But it’s always seemed like he either doesn’t care/relishes in being hated or simply separates himself from the organizational failures.

Maybe, after all these years, in conjunction with all that’s going on in the media, congress, etc. that it’s impossible for him to continue to isolate himself from the franchise he burnt down.

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

So back to europe for Dan. Missing the meetings avoiding the hammering he could get while Tanya stays there and just smirks.

Rest assured he will be getting hammered alone on his boat to ease the pain of being THE MOST HATED man in football.

With as much as America loves their football, you gotta really screw up to be the universally most hated man. Is anyone else even #2?  I mean I hate Jerry Jones but he isn't close to Dan.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve long thought the same thing.  But it’s always seemed like he either doesn’t care/relishes in being hated or simply separates himself from the organizational failures.

Maybe, after all these years, in conjunction with all that’s going on in the media, congress, etc. that it’s impossible for him to continue to isolate himself from the franchise he burnt down.

I think knowing that he no longer has the support of the NFL is starting to sink in. The last 24 hours only happens with the approval of other owners. As @tshilesaid above, NFL partners only do this with the approval of the NFL. 

Before he was just hated by the fans now he knows he’s hated by the other owners. That’s got to be completely different. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He wants to be redeemed. He wants to prove everyone wrong by holding that trophy.

6 hours ago, Panninho said:

"A fired up Ron Rivera on the report that Dan Snyder picked Carson Wentz: "It's bullsh*t. I'm the fu**ing guy that pulled out the sheets of paper, looked at the analytics and watched the tape in freaking Indianapolis (at the Combine).""

I think that tells you everything about Ron the talent evaluator. The entire analytics community is completely down on Wentz. They said it was a grade A fleecing job by the Colts. The tape was meh to bad on top. So wtf did he look at? What type of analytics told him to trade multiple high draft picks for him and pay him almost 30m on top? Our front office is an absolute joke. They have no clue, none at all. Couple that with the worst owner and the worst culture in the league and you end up where we are right now.

Wentz makes routine throws look painful!  He can't process quick enough.  Doesn't function well in a dirty pocket - which is a must for any NFL QB in the modern era of free agency.  He's feels he has to see a WR wide open to throw it.  If he throws the ball to McLaurin on the left corner of the endzone before the break it's an easy TD.  He passes up too many opportunities.  Love his toughness and he's not selfish.  If he wasn't so slow he might even make a good end line TE.  For a six year QB he looks pretty bad.  Worse in the pocket than Fields and that's really bad!  At least Fields can rely on his legs.  

That quote about Wentz really soured me on the idea of RR hanging around if Washington is blessed with a new owner.  RR missed badly on Wentz and for some inexplicable reason felt he needed to double down on his decision! That tells us all we need to know.  RR cannot be trusted to find a franchise QB.  

• Like 2