Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep…..that’s a thing that happened…..🤦🏻‍♂️

Ugh...at least she's not connected to the Panthers.

You know Ron was disappointed and immediately pivoted to bragging about his useless Carolina connections...

"Yea, Sir Pur is great at Communications, and we go way back, man.  I was DJ at his wedding and Godfather to his entire first litter..."

6wfje0.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope. Even though I think they are being trolls by being rude to someone who is new to the organization, she’s not helping anything by battling them on twitter. The only thing that does is makes this organization even more embarrassing. 

holy ****

reading this post is like watching that moment in Jurassic Park when the velociraptors learn how to use doorknobs 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Conn said:

holy ****

reading this post is like watching that moment in Jurassic Park when the velociraptors learn how to use doorknobs 

What did I say that was wrong? The only thing that battling fans on twitter does is make things even more embarrassing for the organization, yes? ……….

• Thanks 1

Sorry Ron, you've gotta go. Wentz isn't great, the OL isn't great, the D isn't great, etc. However, after watching this team this season, I've come to the conclusion that its mostly coaching. Its funny, my feelings for Rivera have followed the same pattern every season: start the season out decent (very short flash), suck for a stretch, don't suck for a stretch, then suck to the finish line. This is the pattern, it will not change. He was able to use covid as an excuse in year one, he was able to use it again in year two along with injuries, you're out of excuses now, Ron.

Ron is done here, he can't come back. Everyone, people on the board, people on the street, people calling into the radio and even the sports pundits nationally and locally are talking about his replacement. They're already talking about what our draft position will be and who we should draft. Does that sound like winning to you? I don't want to hear that bringing in someone else would bring the same results, that doesn't mean you stick with mediocrity (also, you don't know that). Let Ron finish the year, but he needs to be gone after week 17. Its not even halfway thru October and our season is over, such a pathetic, ****ing failure.

I don't want to hear about coaching candidates.

I wanted to hear about GM candidates. Who are the rising stars ready to make the jump? The respected guys still out there?

Hire a GM and let the GM hire a new coach. We know that won't happen. It's not Dan's style. But that's what should happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Went with Haskins (which in retrospect, he should have told Dan that he was not going to give him a shot if he didn't warrant one, but hindsight 20/20 and all of that), Fitzpatrick, and now Wentz.  And takes zero responsibility for it.  

Also, what's with this "well he hasn't been here long" nonsense with regards to Wentz?  Is he aware of who won the Super Bowl last year?  And the QB who lost in the Super Bowl last year?  

Edited by DJHJR86
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What did I say that was wrong? The only thing that battling fans on twitter does is make things even more embarrassing for the organization, yes? ……….

I’m agreeing with you and complimenting your personal growth (in my own ball-busting way). Feels like 6 months ago you’d be in here earnestly arguing “well is what she’s saying WRONG? God you all will jump on anything, she’s just doing her job and speaking literal facts on twitter and somehow there’s something wrong with that!!!” lol you are getting it now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Went with Haskins (which in retrospect, he should have told Dan that he was not going to give him a shot if he didn't warrant one, but hindsight 20/20 and all of that), Fitzpatrick, and now Wentz.  And takes zero responsibility for it.  

See, but the Haskins situation, in the 2020 offseason, Haskins’ play to end 2019 did kinda warrant a shot, at least for minicamps/OTAs, and then those ended up being canceled cause Covid. So there really was no way of getting him that shot until training camp 

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I wanted to hear about GM candidates. Who are the rising stars ready to make the jump? The respected guys still out there?

Hire a GM and let the GM hire a new coach. We know that won't happen. It's not Dan's style. But that's what should happen.

Adam Peters, SF

Alec Halaby, PHI

These would be the first two guys I call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m agreeing with you and complimenting your personal growth (in my own ball-busting way). Feels like 6 months ago you’d be in here earnestly arguing “well is what she’s saying WRONG? God you all will jump on anything, she’s just doing her job and speaking literal facts on twitter and somehow there’s something wrong with that!!!” lol you are getting it now. 

Ohh. Yeah, guess I am aren’t I? Funny what a 1-4 (1-5 most likely) start does to a person :( plus I just can’t even find it in me to really defend anything this organization does anymore. It’s all just so embarassing and pathetic. And it’ll never change as long as Snyder (anyone with that last name that’s related to him) owns the team. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

See, but the Haskins situation, in the 2020 offseason, Haskins’ play to end 2019 did kinda warrant a shot, at least for minicamps/OTAs, and then those ended up being canceled cause Covid. So there really was no way of getting him that shot until training camp 

Kyle Allen looked much better than Haskins and if it were a legitimate competition, he should have won the job.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Assuming Snyder even wanted the “correct” organizational setup (there’s no evidence he has ever wanted that), those “rising star” guys won’t come here because 1) working for Snyder is terrible and they have better options and 2) there’s decades of evidence that Snyder will step in and ruin your roster at any moment. You never really have final say over the roster when you work for Snyder and no self-respecting GM candidate is going to put up with that, even if you set aside every single other Snyder-related issue. 

You probably need to find a 2nd or 3rd tier candidate who is tied to more of a  young flier HC who doesn’t have better options.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

"Yea, Sir Pur is great at Communications, and we go way back, man.  I was DJ at his wedding and Godfather to his entire first litter..."

Idk Sir Purr would be a heck of an addition. That bear leads the league with 451 hugs per appearance. He also holds the belly shake record and averages over 7 Million smiles annually. You can't coach that. 🐻

Also..... my brother sent me this earlier. Sir Purr was definitely available. 😆

157551.png.55b875a3112b409a5103274e749b8929.png

Edited by Captain Wiggles

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

Assuming Snyder even wanted the “correct” organizational setup (there’s no evidence he has ever wanted that), those “rising star” guys won’t come here because 1) working for Snyder is terrible and they have better options and 2) there’s decades of evidence that Snyder will step in and ruin your roster at any moment. You never really have final say over the roster when you work for Snyder and no self-respecting GM candidate is going to put up with that, even if you set aside every single other Snyder-related issue. 

You probably need to find a 2nd or 3rd tier candidate who is tied to more of a  young flier HC who doesn’t have better options.

I understand the sentiment, I do.  But if you look at the two guys I mentioned, they are not getting promoted in their orgs anytime soon.  I’d argue that most GM openings are cluster****s by nature.  Typically, I think, there are less GM openings than coaching openings.  At least that’s what I’ve seen over the past 3 seasons (17 GM changes, 21 coaching changes).  When you wait for the best opportunity to come up, you risk the chance that you are no longer the “rising star”.  Look at Eric Biennemy.  I don’t know if he turned down any HC interviews in the past, but while he was the “rising star” two years ago, is he really viewed as a front runner HC candidate these days?

And decision makers around the league know the Washington situation.  If a guy like Adam Peters came here and had any hint of success and gets sabotaged by Snyder, that won’t have negative effects on him with future employment.

I know it won’t happen, but it’s the right way.  Hopefully the league ends up Steinbrennering Danny for a couple years at worst and this could be implemented.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

And decision makers around the league know the Washington situation.  If a guy like Adam Peters came here and had any hint of success and gets sabotaged by Snyder, that won’t have negative effects on him with future employment.

I just don’t think most guys worth their salt want to stake their career on trying to turn around Dan’s franchise.    Sure, the whole world knows that nobody succeeds here and perhaps some folks won’t hold that against him.  But why take the chance?  There is no cap for front offices in the league, which is part of why you see the cream of the crop stay put until the right position opens up.  These guys get bloated titles and more $ to stick around.  They are also being counseled by folks to not eff around and be the next dude scapegoated by Dan.  

Something I think fans get confused when it comes to having full authority over the roster isn’t all it sounds like.  As a GM/coach centric coach (lol), you still report to the owner.  You still have to meet with them regularly and provide updates on what you’re doing.  You still have to entertain their ideas respectfully.  This is anywhere in the league.  The owner always has the ultimate authority and power.  We have no idea the literature in these contracts, beyond that nobody wants the drama and stress of pissing off their boss.  

Which means if I’m a GM worth my salt, I’d choose a different billionaire to answer to.  A smarter one, smart enough to know his football ideas suck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

U had the no.2 pick in 2020 was it not a qb driven league then? 

This has been gone over a thousand times, for better or worse Rivera took this job with the understanding he’d give Snyder’s pet 1st round QB a chance. That’s what Snyder wanted. And anyways nobody that year thought Herbert was a realistic choice at #2, and Tua had huge injury concerns. Would it have been baller if Rivera said “**** it, I’ve got a gut feeling about this guy”? Sure, but we don’t live in a reality where that was a reasonable expectation of the outcome. 

That’s why it puts even more weight and blame for where we are on Snyder forcing that Haskins pick. The consequences of that bit of idiocy continue to compound as the years go by. 

• Like 1

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before since you’re all usually on it pretty quick… but  it does feel kind of odd that Rons pitch this whole offseason was about how great our OL was and how it was a great destination for a QB. Yet now these teams build around the QB and that’s why we aren’t successful.

i don’t think his stance is necessarily wrong and of course he’s not going to say anything less than that. but man does it just sound like something hes telling himself or Dan to save face.

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

This has been gone over a thousand times, for better or worse Rivera took this job with the understanding he’d give Snyder’s pet 1st round QB a chance. That’s what Snyder wanted. And anyways nobody that year thought Herbert was a realistic choice at #2, and Tua had huge injury concerns. Would it have been baller if Rivera said “**** it, I’ve got a gut feeling about this guy”? Sure, but we don’t live in a reality where that was a reasonable expectation of the outcome. 

That’s why it puts even more weight and blame for where we are on Snyder forcing that Haskins pick. The consequences of that bit of idiocy continue to compound as the years go by. 

Where is the carfax that Rivera promised Snyder that or Snyder demanded it?

What I've seen a million times is that implied because of Snyder's history, not a confession from either one of them.

It's more likely Rivera really believed he could save Haskins then being forced to...another example of his inability to judge talent properly.

If folks want to make the case Haskins was only here for a year and it being pushing it to replace him because that would be pushing it for pretty much any franchise, sure, but this would be second time in a row a coaching staff got tanked from get-go for trying to save a QB first instead immediately finding their own like a normal f'n rebuild.

I blame Snyder more for NOT saying "hold up, we jus tried this with Griffin" more then I can prove he literally forced Ron to do the same damn dumb **** he forced Jay to do in a league that doesn't need a project QB but a franchise QB to be successful.

Edited by Renegade7

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Ron had to know that as soon as he said "Quarterback" this was going to be a big issue...even if he didn't mean it the way it sounded.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Well I think he meant more so the way the teams have been built around their QB. But when Dak is injured in week one and they’re doing better than when he was playing at the time, it’s kind of hard to validate that exact point. Jones is probably another bad example for his case.