Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

"multiple owners"?  is that 2 or 10? 

How exactly are they going to convince him to sell?    Get real.  

Of course theirs another quote from a different owner saying it might be most stable franchise has been under Dan right now. Sad thing is he might not be wrong 

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This becomes real if a triumvirate of powerful owners, say Robert Kraft, Malcom Glazer, and most crucially Dan's old drinks and cigars  buddy Jerry Jones met with him in person and said:

"It's time. We can no longer protect you Dan. You have become more than just an embarrassment. You've tainted the shield and effected our bottom line. Two choices-- sell voluntarily and reap a fortune or we vote you out take the team from you and we sell it on your behalf and on our terms."

Yeah it hinges on Jerry Jones. Jerrys a loon but hes not an idiot. If a group say of 5-10 owners come to him and say you need to talk to Dan it could convince Jerry to change "sides" 

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Yeah it hinges on Jerry Jones. Jerrys a loon but hes not an idiot. If a group say of 5-10 owners come to him and say you need to talk to Dan it could convince Jerry to change "sides" 

You think Jerry is gonna jump ship and risk a lawsuit after their recent scandals? Dan would likely sue and while he wouldn’t win he could do a ton of damage to nfl 

Just now, Zim489 said:

“He’s not an idiot”

That tells me that he will consider all the skeletons in the Cowboys’ closet and contemplate what ousting Snyder would mean for him if they came to light. And the dude has had way too many come to light as it is.

• Like 2

"Serious consideration may be given to attempting". That's a very embellishing way to describe a conversation over a drink in the VIP suite where one of them says "man, wouldn't it be something if we did that to Snyder?" and the other says "yeah, that would be so awesome".

• Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 8:35 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sean Payton said he'd come back for the right situation.

The Commies probably aren't the right situation for anyone who's a good coach but I'd love it if they fired Ron and hired Payton in the offseason.  But Payton is a smart guy, no chance he'd come here.

No chance, no way.  He is way too smart.

38 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This becomes real if a triumvirate of powerful owners, say Robert Kraft, Malcom Glazer, and most crucially Dan's old drinks and cigars  buddy Jerry Jones met with him in person and said:

"It's time. We can no longer protect you Dan. You have become more than just an embarrassment. You've tainted the shield and effected our bottom line. Two choices-- sell voluntarily and reap a fortune or we vote you out take the team from you and we sell it on your behalf and on our terms."

In other words, "you make him an offer he can't refuse"---I am being very serious by the way.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Well im sure that guy who was sitting with Goddell last week can scrape around $7 billion easily.

Serious question?  

How/what type of owner do you think Bezos would be.  Is he the big fan kind of guy, (ala another Snyder) or more of a straightforward business man.

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Serious question?  

How/what type of owner do you think Bezos would be.  Is he the big fan kind of guy, (ala another Snyder) or more of a straightforward business man.

Well hes big into analytics. I think we would massively upgrade our Front office. Dan doesnt see how it correlates as a future investment 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Serious question?  

I’m not sure, but I think Bezos is probably a better businessman and have a much better knowledge on how to run a company. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Serious question?  

I see this as a fantasy scenario but just do a competence/achievement assessment of the two from a business management pov and then even just a layman level general intelligence assessment and the only reasonable conclusion is one is a human of highly advanced business/organizational capabilities and the other is a venal insipid dumbass dirtbag who found a winning lottery ticket in an alley 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I see this as a fantasy scenario but just do a competence/achievement assessment of the two from a business management pov and then even just a layman level general intelligence assessment and the only reasonable conclusion is one is a human of highly advanced business/organizational capabilities and the other is a venal insipid dumbass dirtbag who found a winning lottery ticket in an alley 

That might be the most perfect, eloquent, and intelligent answer ever. 💯

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some good quotes in that article. I’ll post it when I can 

Great post.  

To tag on to what you posted, I think he actually believes he did nothing wrong.  I believe he is that veil (spelling?).  Furthermore I doubt he even knows what shame is.  What a piece of work this guy is.  Incredible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Does the new owner rebrand again? NFL rules allow for uniform/brand changes after change of ownership. 

Word on the streets is Bezos has his legal team drawing up the paperwork to rename the team Washington RedWolves once the minor inconvenience of Snyder's ownership is swept away with the rest of the trash and flotsam.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Bezos would surely get a stadium done the right way. Given the Amazon ties to Nova and DC, my bets would be on the new stadium going next to Dulles or at RFK site. DC would gladly work with Bezos to put a stadium in the city way more than Snyder. You want one of the richest guys in the world investing in your city. With HQ2 in Arlington and all the Amazon data centers in Loudoun … plus Bezos owning the Post and the mansion in Kalorama … he makes the most sense and I think DC and Virginia would be all in on a new stadium. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Bezos would surely get a stadium done the right way. Given the Amazon ties to Nova and DC, my bets would be on the new stadium going next to Dulles or at RFK site. DC would gladly work with Bezos to put a stadium in the city way more than Snyder. You want one of the richest guys in the world investing in your city. With HQ2 in Arlington and all the Amazon data centers in Loudoun … plus Bezos owning the Post and the mansion in Kalorama … he makes the most sense and I think DC and Virginia would be all in on a new stadium. 

The fan experience would be ridiculously amazing. Dude knows how to keep customers happy. 

• Like 1

The initial reporting of this didn't come from the Post. They just have the most recent piece on it. New owner may not even be Bezos.

And for those wondering if other owners might fear Snyder spilling the beans on their misdeeds (thus making them reluctant to vote against him), keep in mind that they will know just as much about him as he knows about them. Mary Jo White has cast a wide net. It's not just employees at Ashburn. 

• Like 1

I Will believe it when I see it. Dan won’t go away quietly. He’ll take down as many owners as he can.

Are there 24 owners willing to do that? Knowing once this happens, their own skeletons could be looked at.  I doubt Dan is the only owner with skeletons that can be used to force them out.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1