Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It would be ironic and fitting.

Also, if they had just left Kirk Cousins off the list, you could have made a pretty good case it was just players who were no longer in the league.  

But since ol' Kirky is there, it seems petty.

This is the type of thing which drives me crazy.  It's such a nothingburger, but they cause negative swirl for no reason.  It feels a lot like "crestgate."  Except this time you would have to imagine Dan had input because I doubt Jason Wright decided to black-ball Williams on his own.  He wasn't here when the worst of it (or all of it? I don't remember when he was hired vs. when Trent was traded) went down.  

The WP has a point when they say has Dan really changed?  His hallmarks as an owner have been about how petty, delusional and vindictive he was.   He seems to think fans and the national media are only glued in on the culture of sexism and the rest of his trangressions are all forgotten.  I don't think sadly he even understands that part of the bad culture he propagates is his own pettiness.  Suing old lady ticket holders.  Suing the media.   The ice cream incident.  Sour milk.  On and on and on.  The dude is like an immature bratty 5 year old -- that more than anything is the hallmark of his rotten culture.

Right now, recent years.  He basically got pushed into the name change ironically because he was petty with his minority owners over money.  His best buddy Bruce is now persona non grata and had to sue Dan for back pay and it appears it was Dan who leaked the stuff on Bruce's buddy, Jon Gruden.  Sending PIs to intimidate the women who are part of the investigation.  Digging up dirt on the WP reporters who are doing the articles on it.  

The pettiness and vindictiveness doesn't stop with the dude.  The only change I can see is for the moment he hired some people for the front office who do not reflect his classless personality for a change.

Before that, he found his marriage in heaven with Bruce who was the more polished and better social skills version of Dan.   I think that was part of Bruce's longevity here.  Dan found someone who saw things like he does.  Hey Kirk didn't take our latest low ball offer -- lets blast him publicly with a press release.  Fans are upset about Scot leaving -- lets leak he's an alchololic.   On and on and on.  The sad thing is the dude I think has no conception that he's a douche and that his lack of class is the hallmark on the losing and bad culture over his tenure.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Williams was traded April of 2020, wright was hired august of 2020 so more like he was here for none of it. 

I can see Jason Wright putting out a press release on the omission:

"We didn't realize how much Trent meant to the fan base. We can do better. My bad. Hopefully Trent will forgive the slight and bring his Super Bowl ring with him the next time he visits. Dan told me you guys won a Super Bowl before I was hired but I haven't had time to verify that information."

🤨

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The WP has a point when they say has Dan really changed?

The only place where it seems like he might have changed a little bit is he does seem to be letting Ron do what he wants to do with the football side.  Which, candidly, is the most important piece.

Now, there's absolutely no guarantee that's going to hold up over the next season or beyond. The odds would be against it, for sure.  

But ultimately, if the team starts winning consistently, and I mean playoffs at least 3 years out of every 5, 10+ wins at least 3 times out of 5 years, a deep playoff runs every 5 years, then a lot of this stuff fades into the background.  Would it still be there and be annoying?  Yeah.  But would it have as much focus?  I don't think so.  

They need to win, and win big enough people can start focusing on the winning and the team on the field and not all the stuff off the field.  

Dan likes his head fakes.  Something is going wrong over here, so LOOK OVER THERE!  

Well, the best head fake of them all would be to actually win something with a good record.  Go out and win the division with 12 wins this year.  If they did that, it doesn't solve any of the other Dan problems, but it takes the spotlight off of them, at least and gives fans something else to talk about, at least to an extent with some number of fans. If they could do it a couple years in a row, that would be really, really good.  

Some folks would still obsess over every single petty thing Dan does.  Others would just be happy enough to have a really good winning team they would shake their heads, say, "Dan being Dan again" and move on with life.  

5 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

"We didn't realize how much Trent meant to the fan base. We can do better. My bad. Hopefully Trent will forgive the slight and bring his Super Bowl ring with him the next time he visits. Dan told me you guys won a Super Bowl before I was hired but I haven't had time to verify that information."

🤨

I was just thinking about an hour ago how I could imagine wright saying something along those lines 😂 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The only place where it seems like he might have changed a little bit is he does seem to be letting Ron do what he wants to do with the football side.  Which, candidly, is the most important piece.

Now, there's absolutely no guarantee that's going to hold up over the next season or beyond. The odds would be against it, for sure.  

But ultimately, if the team starts winning consistently, and I mean playoffs at least 3 years out of every 5, 10+ wins at least 3 times out of 5 years, a deep playoff runs every 5 years, then a lot of this stuff fades into the background.  Would it still be there and be annoying?  Yeah.  But would it have as much focus?  I don't think so.  

They need to win, and win big enough people can start focusing on the winning and the team on the field and not all the stuff off the field.  

Dan likes his head fakes.  Something is going wrong over here, so LOOK OVER THERE!  

Well, the best head fake of them all would be to actually win something with a good record.  Go out and win the division with 12 wins this year.  If they did that, it doesn't solve any of the other Dan problems, but it takes the spotlight off of them, at least and gives fans something else to talk about, at least to an extent with some number of fans. If they could do it a couple years in a row, that would be really, really good.  

Some folks would still obsess over every single petty thing Dan does.  Others would just be happy enough to have a really good winning team they would shake their heads, say, "Dan being Dan again" and move on with life.  

Yep. I agree with all of this. It would be nice. 

Now, before people get allllll up in arms (cause I know how people are…), he’s not saying any of this will actually happen. Pretty sure everyone agrees there’s a 99.999% chance it WONT. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It could be so with Dan being hands off but i'll believe it when Rivera leaves and stories circulate.  

The narrative of this time Dan will be hands off, isn't a new narrative and then later we find out its not so.   At best the stories over the years is Dan isn't as hands on messing with personnel as he once was but he still does it.

The narrative that he's not doing it now -- also happened during Shanny's regime, Jay's etc then later we heard the storied of he indeed messed with it.

I do agree that people can handle Dan's douche behavior better if they won.   But he's been a loser for most of his tenure both on and off the field.

I know some on this thread think we are about to have a breakout season, record season for Dan where they finally win more than 10 games.  Whereas Vegas and some national pundit types see this as a below average team -- I think Vegas has us as favorites in 4 of the 17 games or something like that.

There seems to be a major dichotomy between what the local reporters expect and some of our fans versus Vegas and the national media as to this team.

Personally, I am more optimistic than pessimistic.  But I wouldn't bet the house on it.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

🤨

Honestly, I would respect them a lot more if they put out the following Press release:

"Trent Williams was a cornerstone of our organization for 10 years, where he was one of the best players in the league at his position.  We truly appreciate his contribution to the team and the community while he was here.  However, his allegations over medical malpractice and his racial attacks on the team leaders led us to the decision to leave him off of the list at this time.  We welcome the opportunity to have discussions with Trent and welcome him back into the Commander's legacy at a future time." (There's some bad grammar in there, but you get the drift)

At least that would be closer to the truth. And if Dan feels butt hurt about the way Trent went after the organization publicly, I get that.  Ironically, he's basically getting a taste of his own medicine, with low-road negotiating, and he didn't like it.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It could be so with Dan being hands off but i'll believe it when Rivera leaves and stories circulate.  

Yeah, we'll see.  But at least for the first 2 seasons and the third off-season, no move has "Dan did that" written all over it.  From coaches, GMs, FO hires, player acquisition, etc. Even trading for Wentz wasn't a Dan type of move.  His type of move might have been to do what Cleveland did.  

Now, what happens if they go 7-10 again next year?  Does he get antsy and start meddling again? I'd bet money on that.  

Ron even released Haskins, who was Dan's favorite.  

So, the evidence would suggest he's either been distracted or actually is staying hands off ... FOR NOW.  The key of this is FOR NOW.  We'll see....

The narrative of this time Dan will be hands off, isn't a new narrative and then later we find out its not so.   At best the stories over the years is Dan isn't as hands on messing with personnel as he once was but he still does it.

Yeah, the only time he was truly hands off is when Marty threw him out of the building.  

The only HUGE difference this time is Dan has either no, or very few enablers in the organization.  He either had Vinny or Bruce to enable his bad decisions, placate him, tell him he was the smartest guy in the room, stroke his ego, play racquet ball with him, and do his bidding.  All the long-standing Dan sycophants, at least on the football side, are gone.  Including Bruce/Dan, the Operations folks, Eric Schaffer, Larry Hess, Larry Michael, all of them, gone.  

That's the one organization difference at this point.  All of the guys who are here in leadership roles are loyal to Ron, not Dan.  Could Dan run roughshot on them and order them around?  Yeah, he could.  But it's harder now, because those are Ron's guys.

The narrative that he's not doing it now -- also happened during Shanny's regime, Jay's etc then later we heard the storied of he indeed messed with it.

It came out pretty quickly (I think) that Dan/Bruce forced the McNabb trade.  

The Griffin trade was a group effort.  Mike said he was totally for it, until the $18m cap penalty.  And by that point, it was too late to back out of.  

I'm sure there were a few others under Mike.

During the Jay era, it's tough to tell what was Dan and what was Bruce because Bruce was clearly the one who wielded the "daily" power.  Bruce even selected some of the coaches on Jay's staff.  (Jay should have just said no, if you want to do that, you have to fire me. But that's a different issue.) He clearly ran the FO.  Dan was definitely involved in recruiting Landon Collins.  But the line blurs some for the rest of it.  (I'm not taking Dan off the hook, but Bruce had agency and could screw things up all on his own as well.  Vinny didn't really have agency, he was just Dan's puppet.)

I do agree that people can handle Dan's douche behavior better if they won.   But he's been a loser for most of his tenure both on and off the field.

I sometimes wonder how different the world would have been if Griffin hadn't torn his ACL in the Seattle playoff game.  There is a chance history is different.  If he doesn't tear his ACL, I think the relationship with the Shanahans doesn't deteriorate to the level it did, and there is a chance they continue to have success with him at QB for a few years.  They had a masterful offense for him, and he might have been bought in enough to keep running it as he developed.  

But here we are.  

I know some on this thread think we are about to have a breakout season, record season for Dan where they finally win more than 10 games.  Whereas Vegas and some national pundit types see this as a below average team -- I think Vegas has us as favorites in 4 of the 17 games or something like that.

Yeah, but Vegas lines are always influenced by trying to somewhat even up the betting.  And they are also dead wrong sometimes, teams either exceed or go under the win totals by 2-3 games on a fairly regular basis. 

There seems to be a major dichotomy between what the local reporters expect and some of our fans versus Vegas and the national media as to this team.

Personally, I am more optimistic than pessimistic.  But I wouldn't bet the house on it.  

I haven't heard a lot of folks who think there will be a huge breakout season.  Michael Phillips seems to think the entire team has been put together to get to 10 wins.  JP thinks 10 is the absolute ceiling and 8-9 is more realistic.  Sheehan thinks they are the third best team in the division by a mile behind the eventual SB champion Eagles and the Cowboys.  

I think there are a lot of the local media folks who think 10 wins and the playoffs is realistic in a bad NFC.  

I don't think that's a huge breakout season, at least not from my perspective.  I think they might have gotten there last year if Fitzy hadn't gotten hurt, and probably also if Samuel didn't miss the entire season.  So I'm not so sure 10-7 is a huge breakout season.

I'm probably the most optimistic, I think they should absolutely get to 10 wins, and barring complete injury catastrophe, I think 11 or 12 is in the cards.  But I fully acknowledge my bullishness, and also recognize I could be Wile E. Coyote about it.   

On 7/9/2022 at 9:06 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I do find it interesting that fans are taking Trent's side but constantly complained about Kirk when they were very similar situations.  The difference is Kirk did not make suspect medical claims that have many question marks.  All I heard was "screw Kirk, he did not want to be here". Well neither did Trent. And Kirk never did this while under contract as Trent has done.  

I'll take Trent's side because he was the top LT in football when he was here. Kirk never was. If he wanted to be paid at such, I don't think it's unreasonable. The medical thing wasn't a good look ora good way to go out but he was a better pound for pound player than Kirk. I'd gladly overpay for Trent because if you're not keeping the Trent Williams of the locker room, who are you keeping? Same way that if Wentz balls out this year and complains that he has no guaranteed money on his contract, I could understand him wanting a new deal (I said balls out so I'm talking Kirk numbers but something like at least Jimmy G type playoff success).

Announced average home attendance, 2017-2019, 2021:

2017: 75175

2018: 61028

2019: 65488

2021: 52751

2018 was the last season I attended games and there did seem to be a notable drop off to me from the prior year, but not sure if it was over 14K worth.  The team was absolutely fudging the attendance numbers at least for a few years prior to 2017 too, and it seems strange that the average attendance between 2018, a year we started 6-3, and 2019, when we started 1-9, went up by 4K. Of course, Lafemina was here in 2018 and I think was reporting accurately. He gets cut loose and they revert to the same crap in 2019. I've told the story about attending the Cowboys game in 2018 and, save for a few empties in the upper level, the place was full and the announced was 66301. The next season I didn't go to the game in person, and the announced was 75128 (and was 76483 for the Patriots game a few weeks later). There is just no way.......

Mike Phillips of the RTD has cited capacity as 67K. I don't know why ESPN (where people go to get their "percent of capacity" stats) still has it at 82K.  ESPN still had us at 92K years after we had removed at least 10K seats from the joint.

Regardless of how the team does, I think attendance should improve this season, if only because them significantly reducing club level prices hopefully induced a significant number of people to sign up. The upper deck will probably still be somewhat of a ghost town though.

Edited by hail2skins

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You either are or are not one of the 90 greatest players in franchise history whether you retired here or left with unsettled beef.  

Yea, didn't Art Monk finish his career with the Eagles? Even BMitch was on the 80th list, and he bounced around the division almost exclusively to pay us back for way he departed.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, didn't Art Monk finish his career with the Eagles? Even BMitch was on the 80th list, and he bounced around the division almost exclusively to pay us back for way he departed.

Art played for Washington 14 of his 16 seasons, and B-Mitch played here 10 of his 14 seasons. Both won rings (in Monk's case, multiple) here. B-Mitch's career was also more in the free agency era than Art's was. When adding newer people to the "Greatest" list going forward, its going to be rare to have a person who played their entire career here.

• Like 1

Just now, hail2skins said:

Art played for Washington 14 of his 16 seasons, and B-Mitch played here 10 of his 14 seasons. Both won rings (in Monk's case, multiple) here. B-Mitch's career was also more in the free agency era than Art's was. When adding newer people to the "Greatest" list going forward, its going to be rare to have a person who played their entire career here.

Thats the point, the idea of Trent not being in the list because he's not here anymore makes no sense at all.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thats the point, the idea of Trent not being in the list because he's not here anymore makes no sense at all.

Absolutely. Right now the three possibilities seem to be:

1) The team decided not to include him to be vindictive

2) Team wanted to include him and they asked Trent and he said no

3) Team completely forgot about considering Trent

You really hope that its either #1 or #2, but is #3 far from remote? I still look at Jake Russell's tweetstorm on how jacked up the editing was on the 80 Greatest. Billy Kilmer in a Saints uni?  The incompetence is staggering.

Sheehan or the Junks needs to ask Jason Wright about this. I can hear it now "when you have transition, sometimes you lose that institutional knowledge of history....."

Edited by hail2skins

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, we'll see.  But at least for the first 2 seasons and the third off-season, no move has "Dan did that" written all over it.  From coaches, GMs, FO hires, player acquisition, etc. Even trading for Wentz wasn't a Dan type of move.  His type of move might have been to do what Cleveland did.  

What about Mayhew? I would argue that Ron appeared to hire his guy Hurney as GM, but that Mayhew was Dan‘s idea. Hurney was initially named GM only to have the title taken away (“clarified”) two days later and given to Mayhew who was no more qualified than Hurney. Dan was trying to bring in minorities to further his culture change narrative (really to save his own hide). And throw in that it’s an ex-Redskins star, which we know is a classic Snyder move.

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Absolutely. Right now the three possibilities seem to be:

1) The team decided not to include him to be vindictive

2) Team wanted to include him and they asked Trent and he said no

3) Team completely forgot about considering Trent

You really hope that its either #1 or #2, but is #3 far from remote? I still look at Jake Russell's tweetstorm on how jacked up the editing was on the 80 Greatest. Billy Kilmer in a Saints uni?  The incompetence is staggering.

Sheehan or the Junks needs to ask Jason Wright about this. I can hear it now "when you have transition, sometimes you lose that institutional knowledge of history....."

I hear a lot about how smart Jason is when we hired him, but part of being professional is doing your homework. 

No way #3 happened, imo, because its jus too recent him being with the franchise.  I'd love to hear if Trent did decline, but never heard of that before.  I can see him declining to come because he might being playing during homecoming game. But don't add me to the list?

This is more process of elimination then being cynical in my book, need some other possibilities thrown out there basically sadly #1 adds up the most considering limited likelihood of other options (then, frankly, Snyder's history of being petty lately).

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Announced average home attendance, 2017-2019, 2021:

2017: 75175

2018: 61028

2019: 65488

2021: 52751

2018 was the last season I attended games and there did seem to be a notable drop off to me from the prior year, but not sure if it was over 14K worth.  The team was absolutely fudging the attendance numbers at least for a few years prior to 2017 too, and it seems strange that the average attendance between 2018, a year we started 6-3, and 2019, when we started 1-9, went up by 4K. Of course, Lafemina was here in 2018 and I think was reporting accurately. He gets cut loose and they revert to the same crap in 2019. I've told the story about attending the Cowboys game in 2018 and, save for a few empties in the upper level, the place was full and the announced was 66301. The next season I didn't go to the game in person, and the announced was 75128 (and was 76483 for the Patriots game a few weeks later). There is just no way.......

Mike Phillips of the RTD has cited capacity as 67K. I don't know why ESPN (where people go to get their "percent of capacity" stats) still has it at 82K.  ESPN still had us at 92K years after we had removed at least 10K seats from the joint.

Regardless of how the team does, I think attendance should improve this season, if only because them significantly reducing club level prices hopefully induced a significant number of people to sign up. The upper deck will probably still be somewhat of a ghost town though.

Attendance should definitely be up this season. In February I was told they were up 5k new STHs. End of March and last I heard was 10000 new STHs. The new table tops sold out within days and honestly might be best deal they have. 4 person avgs out to about 1875 per year per person and includes everything club does plus free booze. My section of 308 basically completely sold out for the season 

18 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sometimes his moves are more subtle, not always splashy.  For example pushing M. Kelley over Jordy Nelson.  Insisting they draft Derrius Guice, etc.

I have zero doubt it was #1 as far as Trent goes.  

As for attendance it's really hard to say. Last offseason fans were jacked (I include myself) given how the previous season ended and how the defense was projected to play. What happened when they opened the season at home? A ton of empty seats and Chargers fans. Raise your hand if you personally know a Chargers fan.  Now we have this offseason and so many previous hard core fans have turned away, again I include myself.  

• Thumb up 1

Digesting the losing of fans over the years, its been anger turning to apathy.  I am still angry -- not apathetic yet.    Angry fans are at least sticking with this. Dan's enemy are fans that have thrown in the towell and just don't care anymore.  The anger turning into apathy is the cause of bleeding fans.

I suspect they can't afford a slow start to the season like last year as far as maintaining attendance.  Also last year they had a lot of sexy type home opponents -- some big teams and big QBs.  Not the case this year.  If they have a mediocre season, I think the attendance could be even worse.  Also very little buzz heading into the season -- the national media in particular was some what high on last years team but they seem to think "meh" about this one.  I think they are wrong but will see -- I've been wrong about some seasons where I expected better.

If I were running their business operation, I'd go to town on giveaways and any extra thing I could think of as to getting fans.  I suspect though Dan is cheap with that stuff.  For example for the Sean Taylor game last year, they had only a limited amount of towels.  When I went to the Vegas-Washington game last year, they had a towel on every seat for a random game let alone something special.  Ditto years before that in Dallas at a game I went to.

Not that giveaways alone bring fans but I'd pull all stops this year because I think their next to last stadium attendance ranking has a good shot to plummet to last.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I couldn’t believe that at the time, the limited towel thing for a memorial game to honor a fan favorite player. I mean I wasn’t surprised they messed it up, but it’s such an easy thing to get right. They should have had more than they knew what to do with 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Digesting the losing of fans over the years, its been anger turning to apathy.  I am still angry -- not apathetic yet.    Angry fans are at least sticking with this. Dan's enemy are fans that have thrown in the towell and just don't care anymore.  The anger turning into apathy is the cause of bleeding fans.

I suspect they can't afford a slow start to the season like last year as far as maintaining attendance.  Also last year they had a lot of sexy type home opponents -- some big teams and big QBs.  Not the case this year.  If they have a mediocre season, I think the attendance could be even worse.  Also very little buzz heading into the season -- the national media in particular was some what high on last years team but they seem to think "meh" about this one.  I think they are wrong but will see -- I've been wrong about some seasons where I expected better.

If I were running their business operation, I'd go to town on giveaways and any extra thing I could think of as to getting fans.  I suspect though Dan is cheap with that stuff.  For example for the Sean Taylor game last year, they had only a limited amount of towels.  When I went to the Vegas-Washington game last year, they had a towel on every seat for a random game let alone something special.  Ditto years before that in Dallas at a game I went to.

Not that giveaways alone bring fans but I'd pull all stops this year because I think their next to last stadium attendance ranking has a good shot to plummet to last.

So far for the most part this is one thing, I'm assuming Jason, has gotten right for the most part. Take the Park n Party after the name was announced. Every person that showed up got swag bags with a bunch of stuff included. They were even mailing out bags to people that don't live in the area and couldn't make it. When we went to the select your seat event in Feb. we were given a nice team branded scarf and lanyard. I do know during the Philly game they will be handing out 4 different themed towels out. I also know they had a bunch of freebies for renewing season ticket members as well. I believe first 500 got a custom jersey. Buddy of mine got a duffle bag and tumbler. The 90th anniversary they are selling two tickets for $90 to any game and that includes a 90th anniversary wall pennant. They are doing some of that stuff but I think that has more to do with Jason than Dan if I had to guess

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I couldn’t believe that at the time, the limited towel thing for a memorial game to honor a fan favorite player. I mean I wasn’t surprised they messed it up, but it’s such an easy thing to get right. They should have had more than they knew what to do with 

I'd bet Dan was just cheap like he is on a ton of stuff.  I recall one of the dudes from the Finlay podcast comment on the Raiders game where every seat in the stands had a towel and how that's the way you do it versus this team.  I saw that first hand.  The Raiders amped up the whole stadium experience -- it wasn't just the towels. they went out of their way to make that game an experience. 

I am listening right now to Mark Schlereth talk about the team on Standig's podcast and goes you can do everything right in other regards but if the culture is bad at the top it just doesn't work.

I think one of the Bruce legacies working with Dan is turning the team into being uber cheap.  Apparently they don't pay like other teams for FO help.  Lost a popular assistant coach to the Rams because they weren't willing to pay him a competitive salary.  Jay had Dan and Bruce at hello when he told them he'd keep Haz and all the defensive coaches.

The decaying field that has caused injuries.  The worst facilities in the league.   Apparrently they were serving cheap junk food in the cafeteria until Shanny insisted that they change that.  on and on and on. 

Ron is helping change some of this but they clearly got ways to go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd bet Dan was just cheap like he is on a ton of stuff.  I recall one of the dudes from the Finlay podcast comment on the Raiders game where every seat in the stands had a towel and how that's the way you do it versus this team.  I saw that first hand.  The Raiders amped up the whole stadium experience -- it wasn't just the towels. they went out of their way to make that game an experience. 

I am listening right now to Mark Schlereth talk about the team on Standig's podcast and goes you can do everything right in other regards but if the culture is bad at the top it just doesn't work.

I think one of the Bruce legacies working with Dan is turning the team into being uber cheap.  Apparently they don't pay like other teams for FO help.  Lost a popular assistant coach to the Rams because they weren't willing to pay him a competitive salary.  Jay had Dan and Bruce at hello when he told them he'd keep Haz and all the defensive coaches.

The decaying field that has caused injuries.  The worst facilities in the league.   Apparrently they were serving cheap junk food in the cafeteria until Shanny insisted that they change that.  on and on and on. 

Ron is helping change some of this but they clearly got ways to go.

I can neither confirm nor deny that the current bar decorations on the owners club level have ross tags on the bottom of them