Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

44 minutes ago, Larry said:

We got any reason for why they attacked the vehicle?  I mean, any reason from somebody we can believe?  

It seems to happen a lot during curfew.  Seen it in other places, where they attack cars or people walking home from work.  May not be the case here, but I wouldn't be shocked.   In any case cops shouldn't be beating people or putting out propaganda like that.

Edited by visionary

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yikes

This is what happens when an organization treats lying like it’s no big deal.  They stole a kid out of an SUV and then crafted a story that had almost no truth to it, just to paint themselves as heroes.   If cops worked under basic standards for accountability this sort of thing would cost people their jobs.  Most of us exist in a world where getting caught lying about something important at work results, rightly, in near instant termination. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

This is what happens when an organization treats lying like it’s no big deal.  They stole a kid out of an SUV and then crafted a story that had almost no truth to it, just to paint themselves as heroes.   If cops worked under basic standards for accountability this sort of thing would cost people their jobs.  Most of us exist in a world where getting caught lying about something important at work results, rightly, in near instant termination. 

Be interesting to see what their written reports on the incident state.  

As I understand it, they're under oath when they write those.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Their jobs?  To start.  They should go to prison for a litany of offenses including kidnapping.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I didn't read the comments...that'll learn me lol...

Also it's apparently 2 years old.

Cop was put on a year of paid suspension (WTF?  I wanna get paid to not work for a year!), then brought back to work administrative tasks, and is now on trial.

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Also it's apparently 2 years old.

Cop was put on a year of paid suspension (WTF?  I wanna get paid to not work for a year!), then brought back to work administrative tasks, and is now on trial.

Being 2 years old is irrelevant, only goes to show that it's been going on for decades, not a reaction to what's going on now (if it were in the USA, that is).

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Being 2 years old is irrelevant, only goes to show that it's been going on for decades, not a reaction to what's going on now (if it were in the USA, that is).

Only mentioned age because the thread title does state Summer of 2020.  Anyways, the video is new, as it was being suppressed until a Judge had it released, I think.

Exorcism: Increasingly frequent, including after US protests

In popular culture, exorcism often serves as a plot device in chilling films about demonic possession. This month, two Roman Catholic archbishops showed a different face of exorcism – performing the rite at well-attended outdoor ceremonies to drive out any evil spirits lingering after acrimonious protests.

The events’ distinctive character gave a hint of how exorcism — with roots in ancient times — has evolved in some ways as it becomes more commonplace in many parts of the world.

In Portland, Oregon, Archbishop Alexander Sample led a procession of more than 200 people to a city park on Oct. 17, offered a prayer, then conducted a Latin exorcism rite intended to purge the community of evil. The event followed more than four months of racial justice protests in Portland, mostly peaceful but sometimes fueling violence and riots.

On the same day, 600 miles to the south, San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone performed an exorcism ceremony outside a Catholic church in San Rafael, where protesters had earlier toppled a statue of Father Junipero Serra.

“We pray that God might purify this place of evil spirits, that he might purify the hearts of those who perpetrated this blasphemy,” Cordileone said.

Serra was an 18th-century Spanish missionary priest, long praised by the church for bringing Roman Catholicism to what is now the western United States. His critics say that Serra, in converting Native Americans to Catholicism, forced them to abandon their culture or face brutal punishment.

Cordileone said the exorcism prayers in Latin, remarking that “Latin tends to be more effective against the devil because he doesn’t like the language of the church.” The prayers were different from those offered when a person is believed to be the subject of demonic possession.

Two experts on exorcism -- religious studies professor Andrew Chesnut of Virginia Commonwealth University and the Rev. Pius Pietrzyk of St. Patrick’s Seminary and University in California -- recalled no other recent exorcisms in the U.S. similar to those in Oregon and California.

Click on the link for the full article