Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

You mean we can't kill or oppress people unchecked?  I quit!

Right. Think they can "Punish" folks by quitting, allowing crime to rise. Wouldn't mind taking up a badge myself (I brieflywas a crime scenecleaner, so I wouldn't be rattled by some of the common visuals, but ptsd and bipolar 2 + cop work doesn't mix.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Charges filed against truck driver who plowed through I-35W crowd

The truck driver who plowed through a crowd of protesters in May is now facing criminal charges of threats of violence and criminal vehicular operation.

Hennepin County prosecutors announced the felony and misdemeanor charges Thursday against Bogdan Vechirko, 35.

The charges stem from a May 31 incident in which Vechirko drove a semitruck with a tanker trailer on the Interstate 35W bridge during a large protest, where roughly 1,000 peaceful protesters gathered six days after the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police.

Traffic cameras showed the truck barreling toward the crowd and failing to yield.

da84c4-20200531-truckcrowd.jpg

According to the criminal complaint, investigators used a similar semitruck to reenact the scene and found that Vechirko’s line of sight would have given him enough time to stop. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Destino said:

Is this all in response to the guy shot while running at police with a knife?  

That's my understanding.

I see a lot of talk about the mental health of the man who was shot, also saying the police should have shot him in his leg, used a taser, stuff like that.

As someone who typically doesn't side with the police on stuff like this, I don't see how either of the above arguments hold any weight.  I gather that anyone who brandishes a knife at the police and refuses to put it down, at the request of both family and the police, is in poor mental health.  But that doesn't make it okay.  As for using less lethal force, like a taser or shooting him in the leg - the taser could easily end up going poorly for the police and aiming for the legs is just not realistic.  I haven't seen enough video to determine whether the police went overboard on this one, but from what I've seen and read - it doesn't seem as egregious as other events we've been witness to.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

People don't even care anymore if the police are right. 

And they are this time. At least in my view. I mean **** the police but I saw the video and I'm not sure you can do anything different but shoot that guy less. 

But..... police beating people lifeless in the streets was really only ever going to go in one of two directions. This was the most likely unfortunately. this whole thing is stupid 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem is, in a lot of people's minds, there's always an excuse to explain cops killing a black person. 

Whether the cops were right or the person they shot was, another black person is dead and some day it might be them.

Also from the various videos I've seen, the cops beating the **** out of random people and destroying property doesn't exactly help things.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, visionary said:

The problem is, in a lot of people's minds, there's always an excuse to explain cops killing a black person. 

Whether the cops were right or the person they shot was, another black person is dead and some day it might be them.

Also from the various videos I've seen, the cops beating the **** out of random people and destroying property doesn't exactly help things.  

Thats exactly what im trying to say. This situation just keeps escalating....its not going to calm down on its own. Its scary when you think about where this could lead without someone trying to take the air out of it.