Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Buying Jerseys Thread

LetThePointsSoar

55 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I would have already ordered a chase jersey but all I could find was his draft jersey.. I want his jersey with his actual number on it.

They update them with the actual number (99) by the time they ship.  I was really hoping they'd have an option though in either the alternate or the color rush (of course they're discontinued though now), but all I can find are the burgundy option and white option. 

I've got Kerrigan and Payne, but I think that's the only two jerseys I still have of current players.  Closet full of ones I don't wear any more (rg3, cousins, Garcon, etc) plus a handful legacy players like ST, Manley, Green, Cooley and Moss. 

Thanks for that info..I keep forgetting about my randelel jersey when I go through my closet lol...I still wear my steven Davis jersey..that's an 80%'r right there..80% of the time I wear that jersey the skins win..matter of fact in 2012 the first win of that 6 or 7 game win stretch I said **** it I'm going throw back..I'm wearing my yukky out of shape davis jersey and it worked.. so I wore that Davis Jersey several weeks in a row.

I've never had a dline players jersey...I really want a Manley jersey... we went to a local city here to eat at golden corral and some girl had a throw back bad ass Manley jersey so I went to try to talk redskins football and the girl had no idea who it was it was a gift didnt even know what jersey was..it was just a shirt for her..

On 5/10/2020 at 5:08 PM, LetThePointsSoar said:

Mods, feel free to merge, move this or delete, but I couldn't find any conversations in the search. 

But where does everyone buy their Redskins jerseys?  I normally just shop the nfl shop, or fanatics.com because I don't want any overseas knockoffs.  

I ask because I buy at least one jersey every year in the offseason, and this year I'd really like a Chase Young jersey. But the standard white or burgundy options are boring IMO. Would love to find it in the alternate, color rush, or some other option, but not finding any online anywhere. 

Would love to hear where everyone is getting theirs, if anyone has great options. 

I bought some from some shop in China back in 2012.  It got shut down about a year later.  Who cares if it's a knockoff or not?  I got a Kerrigan one, stitched, good enough for me.  I paid like $50 for it as opposed to paying $300 for an "authentic one", or $100 for a "replica one".  

Fast forward to present time, the last jersey I bought was from Mitchell and Ness, burgundy Sean Taylor, it was great, but I messed the size up and it was way too big, had to send it back.  Haven't replaced it yet with the next size down.  But they run specials all the time, especially around holidays and I'm sure with covid-19 stuff going on, they probably are having sales as we speak.

@SkinsGuy appreciate that. 

It's hard to see in picture for sure name plate is stitched on, I think that might be it.

Guess my original concern is that if its this hard to find one it's not the real one, even before COVID id go into redskins store at tysons and they say they don't have them.

Why, right?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

@SkinsGuy appreciate that. 

It's hard to see in picture for sure name plate is stitched on, I think that might be it.

Guess my original concern is that if its this hard to find one it's not the real one, even before COVID id go into redskins store at tysons and they say they don't have them.

Why, right?

Yeah.

The description on the page says it is stitched, and that it is an authentic jersey, the type the pros use.

Then again, I've never heard of that site, and $149 is a lot to pay for a jersey.

22 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I bought some from some shop in China back in 2012.  It got shut down about a year later.  Who cares if it's a knockoff or not?  I got a Kerrigan one, stitched, good enough for me.  I paid like $50 for it as opposed to paying $300 for an "authentic one", or $100 for a "replica one".  

Fast forward to present time, the last jersey I bought was from Mitchell and Ness, burgundy Sean Taylor, it was great, but I messed the size up and it was way too big, had to send it back.  Haven't replaced it yet with the next size down.  But they run specials all the time, especially around holidays and I'm sure with covid-19 stuff going on, they probably are having sales as we speak.

The China shops continue to open up under new names.  The problem is that, at least when I bought a few from there, you paid almost as much in the product with shipping as you would for one of the "replica" jerseys when Reebok was popular.  You also run the risk of US customs seizing it as a counterfeit and being out your money, as the agreement you make with them when you buy is that "we are not responsible for items seized at customs."  

If you want to wear a jersey to the game or bar and know you will get mustard or beer spilled on it, the knockoffs are fine.  After a while, some of the lower quality ones start to come unstitched after a while.  Some of the knock-offs are actually the real legit jerseys, but are pulled off the racks due to manufacturer defects- the logo might be backwards or misplaced, the hologram was put on backwards, etc.  

I miss the old Reebok premier jerseys which were in between the authentic and replica.  

I used to collect jerseys from the Redskins and the NFL as a whole.  Right now, I haven't bought any in quite some time.  My only Nike jerseys were a Josh Norman I bought when we first got him, and a custom one I made.  I may get a customized Sean Taylor but I don't get caught up with the jerseys anymore.  

46 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

The China shops continue to open up under new names.  The problem is that, at least when I bought a few from there, you paid almost as much in the product with shipping as you would for one of the "replica" jerseys when Reebok was popular.  You also run the risk of US customs seizing it as a counterfeit and being out your money, as the agreement you make with them when you buy is that "we are not responsible for items seized at customs."  

If you want to wear a jersey to the game or bar and know you will get mustard or beer spilled on it, the knockoffs are fine.  After a while, some of the lower quality ones start to come unstitched after a while.  Some of the knock-offs are actually the real legit jerseys, but are pulled off the racks due to manufacturer defects- the logo might be backwards or misplaced, the hologram was put on backwards, etc.  

I miss the old Reebok premier jerseys which were in between the authentic and replica.  

I used to collect jerseys from the Redskins and the NFL as a whole.  Right now, I haven't bought any in quite some time.  My only Nike jerseys were a Josh Norman I bought when we first got him, and a custom one I made.  I may get a customized Sean Taylor but I don't get caught up with the jerseys anymore.  

A group of my friends and I would do one huge order together, got free shipping.  Jerseys were stitched like the authentic ones that cost $300 but you could get them for $35-50 dollars.  Never had them seized by customs, but we only did like 3 total orders. 

All of mine are still in good condition, granted that I have only one that is regularly worn, the Kerrigan one (the others the players left the team, so they went to the jersey graveyard).    I remember getting emails from the company telling me they reopened under another name and would send a link :rofl89:

Haven't bought any from overseas since 2012.  If I buy them now, it's from legit sellers.  The biggest problem I have with buying jerseys is the size charts don't always work.  I have a swingman Dennis Rodman jersey that fits great, but order a Scottie Pippen one, basically the same kind and ordered the same size and it was way too big.

I’ve bought a bunch of knockoffs over the years but have always bought them when overseas.  I recently got rid of the bulk of them and just kept a Taylor and a Portis ones.  They were both high quality.  I’ve sworn off buying active player’s jerseys.  I ALMOST broke that to buy a Trent Williams jersey.  Glad I didn’t.

3 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I am seriously considering purchasing my 8 year old daughter her first Redskins jersey.....

Love it. 

I've got a 5 day old newborn, and he's already got his Redskins onesie and socks.  Doesn't have the jersey yet though 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, max21 said:

I’m getting a Young jersey I don’t even give a care 

I like this post.

6 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Love it. 

I've got a 5 day old newborn, and he's already got his Redskins onesie and socks.  Doesn't have the jersey yet though 😂😂😂

Congrats man..I like this post

On 5/17/2020 at 6:13 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’ve bought a bunch of knockoffs over the years but have always bought them when overseas.  I recently got rid of the bulk of them and just kept a Taylor and a Portis ones.  They were both high quality.  I’ve sworn off buying active player’s jerseys.  I ALMOST broke that to buy a Trent Williams jersey.  Glad I didn’t.

I went Brandon scherff instead..glad I did..just need him extended now.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:52 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

$28 is a little steep for a tshirt but I think is shirt is a must have!

Problems 99....idk, I understand chase will wear #99...buuuuuut as of now I see the shirt saying 99 problems the redskins have had...I'm sure scince '99 we can name 99 problems...heyyyyyyy nothing but problems scince '99? Lol

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Problems 99....idk, I understand chase will wear #99...buuuuuut as of now I see the shirt saying 99 problems the redskins have had...I'm sure scince '99 we can name 99 problems...heyyyyyyy nothing but problems scince '99? Lol

Mr. Snyder purchased the Washington Redskins in 99.  This shirt is so deep it’s scary!

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

If you got Daniel Jones, I feel bad for you, son. You've got 99 problems and a Chase is one. HIT ME!

Archived