Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

29 minutes ago, FrFan said:

What I know is if one of my relatives (God forbid) catch it and is in a serious condition I will ask the doc to use it, 75% is fair enough to me.

As I type, I'm watching TV, and other professors, MDs, are asking for immediate release of chloroquine, another one is warning about side effect for people having serious heart condition.

Is there a reason you'll go with chloroquine vs. one of the drugs that have been designed to be specific to RNA viruses, like remdesivir, which have also been shown to be effective in studies not in humans and in limited uses in people?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/remdesivir-promising-drug-candidate-treat-coronavirus/story?id=69689778

"Though only isolated reports, the handful of patients who have been given the drug through the compassionate use program seemed to get better, raising hope that remdesevir may prove effective in a formal study."

30 minutes ago, FrFan said:

He is personnaly treating 24 not 12 to be precise Link (I didn't say he was in charge of all the people). The other number is unofficial you're right.

What I know is if one of my relatives (God forbid) catch it and is in a serious condition I will ask the doc to use it, 75% is fair enough to me.

As I type, I'm watching TV, and other professors, MDs, are asking for immediate release of chloroquine, another one is warning about side effect for people having serious heart condition.

Edit: FakeMed, a collective of scientists fighting false information in the health field, and professors warning of the undesirable effects of this drug.

"A video accusing me of spreading 'Fake News' has even been seen 450,000 times on Facebook, but it gave me considerable publicity, that they kept saying horrors like that,"

Out of 24 patients treated at IHU Méditerranée Infection with hydroxychloroquine, 75% have a negative viral load after six days, he said. Clearly: the virus is gone, the patient is no longer contagious. In comparison, 90% of patients treated without chloroquine, in Nice and Avignon, would still be contagious after this same period. Link

That's still a bit easy to jump to conclusion and I'm pretty sure some are working out to get fame, fortune and glory out of this mess.

Fact is COVID-19 is benign for 80% of people that contract it, and it is supposed that even many more are healthy while carrying it, especially the youngers.

Saying that a treatment helped 75% out of 12 because of medic X or Y is not much really as those 75% might really be part of the 80% where it is not seerious. (Not every elder dies out of it).

Saying X or Y does cure this **** when we're not even testing it correctly, that's bull**** as well. Fact is no one knows crap about that for now. We've got hints, suppositions and that's it.

If I get cold, I can call my doc, visit him and get a list of medic to take so I'll be cured in 6 Days. But I can also get cold, don't call the doctor and I'll be cured in 6 days as well.

Medics lab do have a protocol for a reason. And running away from it, in this days is definately the best way to create an even bigger mess. You can say that Macron is an asshole and that Nice is great for running it, but I wouldn't trust Estrosi (Nice's Mayor) on this case as he's exactly the type of guy that will look for fame in this story. Those are facing serious trouble if that backfired, not everyone of them will rise to face the consequences, and most will coward behind puppets. Count Estrosi as the first to do it. If it succeeds, that's because of him, if it failed, it'll be not his choice and he warned about it but didn't had power to do it. (In fact nobody really has the power to decide to go for it besides ARS and Health' Minister).

Finally, giving false hope to those that suffer and those that dies out of this is an even bigger crime in these days.

I wish people would stay quiet, keep calm and try to work accordingly to fight this altogether instead of going with some kind of "me first" attitude that will ruin most of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

The longer countries wait to act, the longer it will take for normality to resume.

We really need the "democracy can't stop COVID" types to find South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan on a map.

Don't forget the "we need to do half-*** measures, because closing down donut shops might kill more people than leaving them open" types poster, too.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Did he give them a magic wand?  Or are they just supposed to click their heels together?  

removing restrictive regulations is a magic wand in many cases

19 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Is there a reason you'll go with chloroquine vs. one of the drugs that have been designed to be specific to RNA viruses, like remdesivir, which have also been shown to be effective in studies not in humans and in limited uses in people?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/remdesivir-promising-drug-candidate-treat-coronavirus/story?id=69689778

"Though only isolated reports, the handful of patients who have been given the drug through the compassionate use program seemed to get better, raising hope that remdesevir may prove effective in a formal study."

I've been advocating for remvedesir too in my previous posts. I'm for any drug that really helps people. What pisses me off is that here we've been waiting and reacting instead of anticipating and acting.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

If I may

use of a well known and widely prescribed and manufactured drug  seems a easier initial option, though I'm certainly not opposed to other options.

28 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Medics lab do have a protocol for a reason. And running away from it, in this days is definately the best way to create an even bigger mess. You can say that Macron is an asshole and that Nice is great for running it, but I wouldn't trust Estrosi (Nice's Mayor) on this case as he's exactly the type of guy that will look for fame in this story. Those are facing serious trouble if that backfired, not everyone of them will rise to face the consequences, and most will coward behind puppets. Count Estrosi as the first to do it. If it succeeds, that's because of him, if it failed, it'll be not his choice and he warned about it but didn't had power to do it. (In fact nobody really has the power to decide to go for it besides ARS and Health' Minister).

I can't stand Estrosi too, he's a selfish arrogant prick, but my parents live in Nice right now and he's the only one who took it seriously. Drones warning, now curfew and last but not least releasing chloroquine. I really don't care if he uses it in the future for his own ego and propaganda, i just wish right now it is going to work.

Macron hasn't done anything, just waiting and delaying the inevitable. Remember the professeur president of committe X and Y who's whispering in his ears ? The one who made a public apology on TV this week confessing they didn't took it seriuosly enough ?

Why are we waiting for military help while knowing we will run out of repiratory units ? The Chinese did it a long time ago, we can't even do what they did on time.

Macron needs to quit the arogance and grow some balls imo !

Edited by FrFan

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Every single person in the world has delt with imposed limits.  

Go get another shovel full.  

I didn't think I needed to point out this is dealing with occupancy levels in health facilities and such....my bad

3 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I can't stand Estrosi too, he's a selfish arrogant prick, but my parents live in Nice right now and he's the only one who took it seriously. Drones warning, now curfew and last but not least releasing chloroquine. I really don't care if he uses it in the future for his own ego and propaganda, i just wish right now it is going to work.

Macron hasn't done anything, just waiting and delaying the inevitable. Remember the professeur president of committe X and Y who's whispering in his ears ? The one who made a public apology on TV this week confessing they didn't took it seriuosly enough ?

Macron needs to quit the arogance and grow some balls imo !

Macron did show some balls on many levels mind you. Estrosi Estrosi's playing it like a lone wolf... Which is not gonna helpful. Curfew is good for asshole that don't get it with "stay home".

Mind you in the seventies everyone was saying that asbestos was great in many cases and we build thousands of building with this.  Everyone knew it was giving cancer and we still did go with this ****. You really want everyone to jump from Charybd to Scylla? In both case you lose.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I've been advocating for remvedesir too in my previous posts. I'm for any drug that really helps people. What pisses me off is that here we've been waiting and reacting instead of anticipating and acting.

I've already said in this thread that we (the US) have IMO been under funding infectious disease research for years and certainly finding drug candidates is work that can and should have been done more aggressively, but that work takes years.  But in the context of actually testing a drug, it is hard to be pro-active.  It requires you have people that are getting sick, and at least in the US, the FDA has setup several clinical trials and there have been some (good) trials done in China where results should be out soon.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Macron did show some balls on many levels mind you. Estrosi Estrosi's playing it like a lone wolf... Which is not gonna helpful. Curfew is good for asshole that don't get it with "stay home".

Way too many in this country, that's why. See the parisians fleeing to the countryside for example. Government knows 3.5 million parisians according to TV report owning a property outside Paris, did Macron do anything to prevent it ? No,  they're just closing beaches after the raid. I have relatives in La Rochelle, they're furious !

Last but not least Estrosi tested positive maybe that's another reason.

Edited by FrFan

13 minutes ago, twa said:

If I may

use of a well known and widely prescribed and manufactured drug  seems a easier initial option, though I'm certainly not opposed to other options.

To my knowledge there is no current global shortage of any of the anti-virals that are more likely to be more specific.

It certainly seems like he'd have a choice.

(and it isn't like chloroquine is that widely made.

There are already shortages:

https://www.businessinsider.com/chloroquine-hydroxychloroquine-shortage-coronavirus-treatment-lupus-arthritis-2020-3

He might actually have more luck getting access to some of the more specific anti-virals.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, twa said:

I didn't think I needed to point out this is dealing with occupancy levels in health facilities and such....my bad

Ah.  Moving the goalpost from claiming that every person in the world agrees with you, to claiming every single member of a group you're not a member of, and which you can't quote even one member of. 

I'm shocked. 

Let's just pick one aspect that you claim every single person knows that ignoring regulations will fix like a magic wand. 

Which regulation are you planning on repealing, to allow every hospital in NY to double it's number of physical beds?  

Gonna repeal the regulation that says beds have to be bought?  Or the regulation that says only one patient per bed?  Or is there some other requlation that you're gonna repeal that's gonna cause a million empty hospital beds to appear?  

(The next one's gonna ask you which regulations you think we should ignore that will allow every hospital in NY to double their staff, because the Governor told them to.)   

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

So when you can't respond to what I said, you pretend I said something different. 

Lets look over this again.

44 minutes ago, Larry said:

Cuomo is asking each hospital to increase their capacity by 100%. Waiving all regulations. Whoa.

Did he give them a magic wand?  Or are they just supposed to click their heels together?  

37 minutes ago, twa said:

removing restrictive regulations is a magic wand in many cases

34 minutes ago, Larry said:

According to the interior of every single Republican echo chamber.  

You said it yourself: Cuomo's magic wand of waiving regulations is something "every Republican echo chamber" suggests.