Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Re: Rand Paul, Congress better get moving on that remote voting idea and vote by mail for elections.

First have to study which voting method will most help the GOP.  

Never let a threat to the country go by without using it to help the Party.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
You can't use food stamps to pay the rent...

But maybe you can trade TP for rent!

Now I understand all the TP hoarding.

"Sorry Ma'am I don't have money to pay my rent this month...but I do just happen to own 36 8 packs of ultra soft 3 ply Charmin!"

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Sad 1

Chritian Perrone head chief of infectious diseases (Hospital Raymond Poincaré Paris) is just saying "WE MUST USE CHLOROQUINE RIGHT NOW.

There is an emergency we can't wait on further clinical tests, I can't accept this attitude. I'm using plaquenil for years it works.

It's war we must do it."

He said it is not a new medicine but we're acting with formated procedures like it's something new we don't know. This medicine has a security profile known for a while.

Edited by FrFan

Wondering:  Are we testing the wrong people for this thing?  

The above-mentioned husband who's on a ventilator?  He's gonna be on a ventilator whether the test is positive or negative.  He's not on a vent because of a diagnosis, he's on a vent because of his symptoms.  

To be cold and callous and all kinds of ugly, all a test is gonna determine is whether he gets counted in the official statistics or not.  

Maybe the guy we ought to be giving priority to (to invent an imaginary case) is the health care worker who got exposed 10 days ago, hasn't really had much symptoms, and needs to know if it's safe to go back to work.  In his case, a positive/negative result will actually impact an important decision.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Larry said:

The above-mentioned husband who's on a ventilator?  He's gonna be on a ventilator whether the test is positive or negative.  He's not on a vent because of a diagnosis, he's on a vent because of his symptoms.  

To be cold and callous and all kinds of ugly, all a test is gonna determine is whether he gets counted in the official statistics or not.  

Maybe the guy we ought to be giving priority to (to invent an imaginary case) is the health care worker who got exposed 10 days ago, hasn't really had much symptoms, and needs to know if it's safe to go back to work.  In his case, a positive/negative result will actually impact an important decision.  

Well, I guess knowing whether the guy on the ventilator is positive will let people (like the healthcare workers treating him) whether they've been exposed.

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Is it not helpful in telling how to isolate and/or treat the patient?

• Like 1