Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

10 minutes ago, twa said:

meanwhile...educated opinions vary

Could you quote the part of the intentionally deceptive blog post you're quoting, that says distancing had no effect on the rate of infection?  

(I'll give you a hint:  It doesn't.  All it says is that the shapes of the graphs are similar.)  

However, thanks for proving my prediction that right wing mouthpieces will soon be pushing the claim that keeping infectious away from uninfected people has no effect on the spread of disease.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ah yes...the rates of infection in Brooklyn and Manitoba and South Korea are moving in the exact.same.way.

Good work, Yitzhak.

plotted the rates of new coronavirus infections of the U.S., U.K., Sweden, Italy, Israel, Switzerland, France, Germany, and Spain

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Could you quote the part of the intentionally deceptive blog post you're quoting, that says distancing had no effect on the rate of infection?  

(I'll give you a hint:  It doesn't.  All it says is that the shapes of the graphs are similar.)  

Is distancing the same as quarantine?

he did mention quarantine

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

If you go on worldometer and look at the daily new cases and compare those countries. It’s obvious it’s not the same. 

Oh we know. But politically speaking a few of us have to be on the wrong side of the argument to save face at this point 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

That's just idiodic. Remind yourself that we didn't do it soon enough. 

Probably right. But not a lot of people where calling for us to shut everything down in Jan/feb. Govenors definitely should have acted sooner. But we did it eventually and despite all the measures we still have a lot of people infected. It would have been way worse if we let it play out as if it was just the flu. That’s what I was saying in the first post.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m still amazed by how well California is faring compared to the rest of the US all things considered. My job told people to work remotely since March 2. I’m in the bay. 

As I understand it, California and Virginia are the two states with the lowest rate of testing by percentage of population.

Is that because they don’t have that many cases that need testing?  Or are the numbers low because of lack of testing?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m still amazed by how well California is faring compared to the rest of the US all things considered. My job told people to work remotely since March 2. I’m in the bay. 

Here in Texas as well (especially my greater Houston area), I keep waiting for it to change

http://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/Resources/2019-Novel-Coronavirus

38 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Probably right. But not a lot of people where calling for us to shut everything down in Jan/feb.

Even in hindsight, I'm not sure we should have "shut everything down" in Jon/Feb.  (Or even the small portion of everything that we've actually shut down.)  

And I agree that some different decisions could have been made.  (How much impact did not shutting down Florida beaches/spring break have on the country?)  

But my main complaint about our (lack of) response, was that in Jan/Feb, we weren't planning on the virus.  Building up stockpiles.  Creating coordinated plans.  Designing tests.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

As I understand it, California and Virginia are the two states with the lowest rate of testing by percentage of population.

Is that because they don’t have that many cases that need testing?  Or are the numbers low because of lack of testing?

I have friends who work at hospitals and they haven’t seen an influx of people coming in. So I’m inclined to believe they don’t need testing. My friend told me they were preparing for a surge by building more hospital rooms. Maybe they just haven’t been hit. Hopefully they won’t be. 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't give a **** what other countries have done or not done. MY country failed. 

If you go by death rate per capita after 1st death we are doing better than many so far......or at least the halfway honest countries

of course we are more spread out than most in general

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Even in hindsight, I'm not sure we should have "shut everything down" in Jon/Feb.  (Or even the small portion of everything that we've actually shut down.)  

And I agree that some different decisions could have been made.  (How much impact did not shutting down Florida beaches/spring break have on the country?)  

But my main complaint about our (lack of) response, was that in Jan/Feb, we weren't planning on the virus.  Building up stockpiles.  Creating coordinated plans.  Designing tests.  

What should have happened that anyone coming into this country should have been put into a quarantine protocol for 14 days before going home. I am sure that could have been doable but Trump wasn't/isn't smart enough to think on his feet. Taiwan was doing that (taking temps) with people coming off of planes and stuff. Trump still had his head stuck up his ass and was worried about the stock market and his campaign instead. 

• Like 1

Drove from one side of Sunset Blvd to the other yesterday. Beach to downtown. Truly unbelievable to see how shut down LA is. And devastating -- seeing so many shuttered restaurants and small businesses, my God.

Hoping for a medical miracle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

What should have happened that anyone coming into this country should have been put into a quarantine protocol for 14 days before going home. I am sure that could have been doable but Trump wasn't/isn't smart enough to think on his feet. Taiwan was doing that (taking temps) with people coming off of planes and stuff. Trump still had his head stuck up his ass and was worried about the stock market and his campaign instead. 

Just wondering how many people enter the US from outside the country every day.  

(Just tried to find out.  Got one Google search that only gives me results for immigration, and one that only mentions tourism.)  

Somehow, I suspect that it's way more than just telling them to go somewhere for two weeks.  

Edited by Larry

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:
^^Dr. Oz
He's gunning for a cabinet position 

He should be run out of the country. ****ing asshole. He's literally talking about killing 1.5 - 2.3 MILLION people.

These types of comments are so ****ing reckless.

WTF has happened to people? Where are their morals? Integrity? SMFH 

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=372

How many students will attend school in fall 2019?

About 56.6 million students will attend elementary, middle, and high schools across the United States (source).

• 50.8 million students in public schools
  • 5.8 million students in private schools

How many students will attend colleges and universities in fall 2019?

About 19.9 million students will attend colleges and universities in fall 2019.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Us dumb libtards and the commie Gavin Newsome will eventually destroy America, but for now, we're doing something right.

I'm glad our governor with the beautiful hair took the measures he did so early.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1