Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON #REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER-BRUCE ALLEN FIRED

TK

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I get that but any implying that he’s getting involved is a no no.  He made us into a laughing stock.  Get away.  

Yeah.   A laughing stock that is landing the most in demand coach available who would have four jobs in 10 minutes.   Weird.   Maybe you're wrong.

2 minutes ago, Art said:

Yeah.   A laughing stock that is landing the most in demand coach available who would have four jobs in 10 minutes.   Weird.   Maybe you're wrong.

History would indicate otherwise my friend.  Perhaps you are new here?  Welcome this is your team.  Today we will be covering how a owner ran a franchise into the ground the last 30 years after acquiring it. 

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

History would indicate otherwise my friend.  Perhaps you are new here?  Welcome this is your team.  Today we will be covering how a owner ran a franchise into the ground the last 30 years after acquiring it. 

Yeah, history that has landed Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, Shanny as elite level coaching prospects.   And now Rivera.   In fact, we suck as a team.   We have never not been a good place to be as a coach, save after Gibbs left when he did AND last offseason with so much around Smith to worry about.

Remember, Rivera has options.   One has a rookie QB, an elite runner, a GM he's already worked with, a superior stadium, a more engaged fan base and a bigger market.   But he's coming here because we're a laughing stock.   Wake up brother.

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

So you think Art is new? LOL

2 minutes ago, Art said:

Yeah, history that has landed Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, Shanny as elite level coaching prospects.   And now Rivera.   In fact, we suck as a team.   We have never not been a good place to be as a coach, save after Gibbs left when he did AND last offseason with so much around Smith to worry about.

Remember, Rivera has options.   One has a rookie QB, an elite runner, a GM he's already worked with, a superior stadium, a more engaged fan base and a bigger market.   But he's coming here because we're a laughing stock.   Wake up brother.

Yes we are a laughing stock.  We are fortune anyone wants to come here.  If Bruce has stepped up to podium to say he was staying today I swear I’d be a Raven by tonight.  I haven’t sat through 30+ years of suck with nothing to cheer for then the Bruce Allen BS (I thought the swinging gate was the lowest point of this team lately. Ironically Allen’s first game.) to watch Snyder interfere again.  If he wants to get his jollies on firing everyone be my guest.  But stay out of the coach and GM’s way.  He doesn’t know **** about running a team so stop trying. 

7 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Perhaps you are new here?  Welcome this is your team.  Today we will be covering how a owner ran a franchise into the ground the last 30 years after acquiring it. 

You're on your own. 

I'm getting the popcorn ready.....

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Yes we are a laughing stock.  We are fortune anyone wants to come here.  If Bruce has stepped up to podium to say he was staying today I swear I’d be a Raven by tonight.  I haven’t sat through 30+ years of suck with nothing to cheer for then the Bruce Allen BS (I thought the swinging gate was the lowest point of this team lately. Ironically Allen’s first game.) to watch Snyder interfere again.  If he wants to get his jollies on firing everyone be my guest.  But stay out of the coach and GM’s way.  He doesn’t know **** about running a team so stop trying. 

I am trying to help you.   Reconcile these two things.   One, your statement:

"Yes we are a laughing stock."

Two, the reality of....Rivera, who would have four offers (and is already guaranteed money from the Panthers) the instant he wanted them right now not only coming here, but entirely giving everyone else the gas face.

Both things can't be true.   Only one can.   Which do you think it is?  Now, more importantly, which do you HOPE it is?   If you at least don't HOPE it's the second, you really shouldn't be here at all.

6 minutes ago, TK said:

You're on your own. 

I'm getting the popcorn ready.....

If you read the context you’ll get the comment is tongue and cheek.  I’m saying no one should want to hear Snyder making the call about how a GM and coach should run the organization which being hinted on twitter.  Snyder needs to step off.  He may own the team but he don’t know **** about running it. No one gives a flying F what Snyder’s vision is unless it’s simply I want a Super Bowl.  We don’t care what player you like.  We don’t care what player you want to represent your franchise.  We care about winning. That’s it. 

2 minutes ago, Art said:

I am trying to help you.   Reconcile these two things.   One, your statement:

"Yes we are a laughing stock."

Two, the reality of....Rivera, who would have four offers (and is already guaranteed money from the Panthers) the instant he wanted them right now not only coming here, but entirely giving everyone else the gas face.

Both things can't be true.   Only one can.   Which do you think it is?  Now, more importantly, which do you HOPE it is?   If you at least don't HOPE it's the second, you really shouldn't be here at all.

Art, I think it is fair to ask/answer the question about, with these great coaches, why this team has been a combined 50 games under .500 the past 21 seasons.

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Art, I think it is fair to ask/answer the question about, with these great coaches, why this team has been a combined 50 games under .500 the past 21 seasons.

That's easy. Because the other teams were better than us. Next question!

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m pointing out how anyone can stomach any hint of Snyder getting involved in football is absurd.  

Any hint?

So then to you when Dan went to the trainers room to check on Haskins & Dan backed the medical staff on him sitting out the rest of the game, that's absurd. Correct? :) 

If anybody wonders why the **** would Ron Rivera choose to sign on with the Washington football team when there’s plenty of options out there he could wait on..... In his exit press conference in Carolina he said he wanted to coach again and wants a challenge.  Well, here’s ya **** sammich, Ron!  Good luck & Godspeed!!!!

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Any number of reasons.   But, here's a fact.   The last time our offensive line was healthy for 16 games each, we were in the playoffs.   The Rams, last year, had that happen.  This year they didn't.   Was there a difference?   In very recent years our biggest issue has been two things.   First, an inordinate number of injuries.   Not this past season, but last year and the year before we likely win at least one division title with half as many injuries.   The second primary problem has been the lack of a QB who is consistently better than roughly No. 15 in the league.

I'm a huge believer that most modern and sustained NFL success comes when you have a Top 5 and even Top 10 QB.   Beyond that you need something unique.   The Ravens stand out as a team with good sustained success without the best QB, though this year maybe they had that level of QB play too.   We have just never hit on that guy.   Both years we've had very good QB play in this decade, we've made the playoffs.   Even with Gibbs, we made the playoffs when Collins came in and got hot once.    

Now, along with this we have also had some issues with coaching.   Gruden, for example, was famous for running his system, be damned.   He didn't stop running his system.    Under any circumstance.   That was dumb when players couldn't play it, and dumber when injuries meant he had to adapt.   Hell, you saw we were more competitive this year just having a coach in charge who recognized we couldn't do some things.    Shanahan simply had too much authority and was horrible on personnel.   Remember, "I know quarterbacks and John Beck can play."   Uh...   Uh...   Uh....    He also wanted McNabb at that stage.     

Gibbs also made the QB mistake with Brunell and Campbell just wasn't good enough.

Spurrier...well, he wasn't really a coach for the NFL as it turned out.

And Marty effectively had a team rebellion against him and that team came together on one thought....HATRED OF MARTY.   Except for Lavar I guess.    

Obviously we've had personnel office issues as well at times during this.   Obviously pronounced around the Gibbs era and the Shanahan era.   It's been stronger the last five or six years here, but Gruden and whoever he let coach the defense simply never did anything to help the players.   Ever.   I believe the NFL is the most important sport for coaches especially on game day.    And you saw how we ALWAYS got out classed after halftime under Gruden.   Other teams adjusted to what we were doing.   And we did our thing even when it stopped working.

We were generally fine against other stubborn coaches and not fine against coaches willing to shed something and do something new.   Under Gruden I mean.

This is all my fault. I summoned him from the deep and now here we are. Arguing about how Snyder is actually running the most enviable team in sports.

Let's reprint that "Other teams can make the free agent signings we do" post from, Christ, who can remember the year. It was one of those, "You guys don't love Snyder enough posts."

8 minutes ago, TK said:

Any hint?

So then to you when Dan went to the trainers room to check on Haskins & Dan backed the medical staff on him sitting out the rest of the game, that's absurd. Correct? :) 

I don’t have a problem with Snyder protecting our potential franchise QB if our coach is too coward to make the call in a pointless game. (Though funny he let his main man Griffin get totaled as he sat there and watched.)  I have a problem with him telling the football people how they need to run the franchise.  The owner’s job is make sure the stadium is packed with fans watching a winning team.  He has failed in all accounts. Honestly I’d rather he have a consulting firm find a GM that sees the potential in the team.  Someone that has no agenda other than finding the right person.

7 minutes ago, TK said:

Any hint?

That's called a thread ender I think :).

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I don’t have a problem with Snyder protecting our potential franchise QB if our coach is too coward to make the call in a pointless game.   I have a problem with him telling the football people how they need to run the franchise.  The owner’s job is make sure the stadium is packed with fans watching a winning team.  He has failed in all accounts. Honestly I’d rather he have a consulting firm find a GM that sees the potential in the team.  Someone that has no agenda other than finding the right person.

So, you're saying you don't have a problem with Snyder telling the football people, you know, his coach, how they need to run a franchise when you agree with what he does, but you have a problem with Snyder telling the football people how to run a franchise when you don't?   This makes you entirely hypocritical and fairly dim.   But if you're happy, that's all that matters I suppose.

Archived