Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm over the snow already!

ThePackisback

33 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

You pretty much live in Canada my guy.

One year it got cold in early November and we didn't warm up till the second half of April! That was a long winter. In Green Bay at the mall parking lot I've seen those snow banks hang around into the first week of May!

As a former road warrior, I had the pleasure of experiencing multiple bad weather years:

2014-2015 - Quincy, MA - spent the entire winter traveling to/from Richmond & Boston. The hotel was in Quincy. Worst winter on record:

Boston.jpg.1c8465221c37e1ae8c0b4cea8c8fe057.jpg

...only to be outdone by the winter in Ottawa 2013-2014, which was the worst winter on record for Ottawa. I was in Ottawa from August 2013 until June of 2014. From October through mid-April the Rideau Canal was frozen - the earliest & longest on record. Brutally cold almost every day. It was often -25F on my 1 mile walk to work & a bit colder with more wind in the evening. Surprisingly, only a couple of flights were canceled during that time.

https://mayplepics.com/2014/03/27/the-never-ending-winter-of-201314/ 

"Spring seems to have forgotten us here in Canada this year.  We are currently in the last week of March, and it should not be this cold.  I just looked it up…the usual average temperature for this time of year is about 6C.  That’s above zero.  Yesterday…-30C in the wind.  Even I am starting to have enough."

Yeah, -30C -22F in MARCH. It was freaking brutal!

Ottawa.jpg.7f31b82e2a576d71a5730c96df28b563.jpg

32 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

My last full winter in Ohio, 2010, we had snow on the ground for 2 months.

Where at in OH?

I grew up there when it was still a part of the civilized world, right up on Erie, "lake effect" and all that, I kinda miss it...........

Couple of feet of snow have fallen,(so far),out here in the Sierra,(just above Lake Tahoe included),with 6 feet falling up near the tops of some resorts in the area. More of a snow/rain mix where I live but there's more falling right now and more on the way this weekend. Living 25 years in and around Park City Utah prepped me for this. Though I admit it seems like it snows more,(and faster), just up the hill at Tahoe and the surrounding area. Ah well. That's mountain living for ya. :) 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

My last full winter in Ohio, 2010, we had snow on the ground for 2 months.

Where in Ohio?

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I live in new England so yeah, we get buried pretty much every year.

By Boston?

10 hours ago, spjunkies said:

You pretty much live in Canada my guy.

Well it's about 285 miles to Canada driving actually lol.

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Where at in OH?

I grew up there when it was still a part of the civilized world, right up on Erie, "lake effect" and all that, I kinda miss it...........

Lewis Center. Just north of the I-270 beltway, circling Columbus. I lived near the Polaris Mall and Chase corporate center.

12 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

This is downtown in my city after the 22 inch snowfall that hit us Saturday night into Sunday evening.

I was in Door County (Baileys Harbor) for the weekend, we lost power Sunday morning and didn’t get it back until Sunday evening because of that snow.

3 hours ago, Yohan said:

I was in Door County (Baileys Harbor) for the weekend, we lost power Sunday morning and didn’t get it back until Sunday evening because of that snow.

You live in Door County? Back in 2012 we had a family reunion up at Fish Creek was the town. I loved it there. 

4 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You live in Door County? Back in 2012 we had a family reunion up at Fish Creek was the town. I loved it there. 

Southeastern WI, Milwaukee/Racine area. Family member has property in Baileys Harbor.

Archived