88 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a foregone conclusion?

• Redskins
    • Vikings
    • I'm looking for my needle nose pliers
    • Please, Fox, show Snyder mad as hell, choking Allen

When: Thursday October 24th  8:20 p.m.

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium  Minnesota

On behalf of Budweiser, let me start by saying " WASSUUUUUUUPP! " to Kirk { Kurt, Curt, Frank } or whatever puts the cheese on your enchilada.

On a special Thursday night edition, the Redskins travel to Minnesota to take on Kirk Cousins and the Vikings.

Head-to-head they are tied up at 13-13-0 wins, and I think its a safe bet that this game will not end up in a tie. In some peoples' perspective, this game will end up in a soiled diaper tossed into a beat up trash can.  BUT, the vaunted Redskins hold a 3-2 post-season advantage  with the Redskins winning the last 3., so at least I can hang my hat on THAT stat.

The Vikings come off a somewhat easy win against the Lions, but it was a competitive game for the first half at least, but 4 touchdown passes from the innocuous Cousins overall and Dalvin Cook's running overcame the Lions.

It was a bit surprising to see the Vikings defense give up so many points and yards, usually they are not that care-free with their defense, but Matt Stafford isn't an ordinary QB either.

The Vikings are 5-2, with an offense that ranks 6th in points and yards, 17th in passing and 3rd in rushing. Yes, I said { actually typed } 17th in passing. Well I'm sure that stat will go up a bit come Friday morning.

Defensively they are also 6th in points and yards, 15th against the pass and 7th against the rush.

Now, the strong suit { I use this term lightly when referring to the Redskins } is the running game, so Adrian Peterson will have his work cut out for him.

The Redskins come off a rain-soaked loss to the 49ers in what some call the Slip-N-Slide game 9-0.

Offensively they could move the ball some, but the few times they got within scoring range, a missed FG and a costly fumble by Peterson eliminated any chances of that happening.

Case Keenum managed to throw for 77 yds on 9-12 passing, but with the rain wreaking havoc he struggled most of the game.

Peterson managed to squeeze out 81 yds on the ground, but too many cutesy Jet plays against an aggressive 9er defense didn't make Callahan look good.

Overall it was a sloppy, low scoring, uninteresting, I'd rather pluck out my pubic hairs with needle nose pliers type of game; that kind of game that's a train wreck in slow motion but you just can't turn your head away from, hoping the little baby deer gets out of the way before the charging locomotive squishes it into chum.

Well, its billed to be a somewhat note-worthy game; on one hand the Redskins are facing their former QB Kirk Cousins, and on the other hand Adrian Peterson will be going home to his old stomping grounds. I am only guessing, but I think that AP will get a nice applause from the Vikings fans, but in today's NFL ya never know what to expect.

Look for Cousins to want to stick it to Snyder and Allen, but I think it may be a more low-keyed game, mostly a ground attack from the Vikes, but things could change in an instant, especially if the Redskins show any signs of life.

The one thing, and I think I speak for pretty much everyone, is that damned horn sound they blast every time a Vikings score, is one of the most annoying sound-bytes ever created, and the way things look, I might end up hearing them in my sleep. It may actually break from being played so much, who knows?

When the dust settles and the Viking mascot picks all of the fleas out of his beard,

the Vikings take this game easily.

Final score;

Redskins 13

Vikings 33

First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap, beanie or golf towel.

So, good luck and as always,   G  O     S  K  I  N  S  !  !  !

I just literally posted on this in zskins thread. 

I like our chances of a shock upset behind what I'm sure will be a hugely motivated and on it AP. 

And with Kirk's struggles in the National spotlight in prime time, I can see him falling back from his recent top form to the frustratingly inconsistent one he regularly showed here.

Redskins to win and break the 20 point barrier for the first time since W2. Let's say 27-24 in a thriller. 

Hail. 

I think this is different than Kyle as far as revenge.  I doubt Kirk feels any need for revenge.  The Redskins dysfunction made him a very rich man, training in a better facility, playing in a state of the art stadium, with a better supporting cast.  I’m sure he wants play well and all, but doubt he’s salty.

They will be missing their best receiver in Thielen and it’s possible Scary Terry could have a day on their secondary if Bill allows a passing game and someone can actually pass the rock.

Vikings 27

Skins.    13

3 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

Hi. Thanks. Leave in South Carolina. Kirk Cousin Fan not so much Minnesota 

Ahhh..I imagine not much there then...and a Vikings fan in the south?...hmmmm strange.

Oh sorry didn't catch that "not so much Minnesota "...what's there forum like..I'd have nooo clue being a skins fan sorry 

I'm not sure we're going to have any healthy running backs for the game.  So Callahan calls fullback-dive 35 straight times since the FB has only been with the team a short time and "isn't quite ready yet".

Vikes-35

Skins-7 (late brainfart interception by Kurt returned for a TD by QD)

Its gonna be funny when kirk shakes the monkey of prime time failer by whooping the skins arses..that's all that's gonna be talked about is how hes over the prime time hump..

But one(i)can hope he still has the primetime blues and the defense can contain zeee chef d cook lol

Nahh all in all other than against the giants lol kirk has looked good in some primetime games...its gonna be hard seeing him slash our secondary while wondering what could gave been..him and terrymthegem would have looked good together I think.

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Its gonna be funny when kirk shakes the monkey of prime time failer by whooping the skins arses..that's all that's gonna be talked about is how hes over the prime time hump..

He did that in 2016 against the Packers.

Archived