Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a Tipping Point for China and Human Rights Violations???

Renegade7

Is there a point where the International Community has to get more involved such as Sanctions or even War with China over Human Rights Violations???  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a point where the International Community has to get more involved such as Sanctions or even War with China over Human Rights Violations???

• War and Sanctions should be on the table in regards to human rights violations
    • Sanctions, but war won't be worth it over human rights violations
    • I don't support war or sanctions on China over human rights violations
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • It doesn't matter, we wouldn't win anyway

Second Chinese spy balloon spotted in skies over Latin America, says Pentagon

A second Chinese spy balloon has been spotted, this time in the skies over Latin America, according to the Pentagon.

It is unclear exactly which country in the region the balloon is hovering over but it does not appear as if it is headed towards the United States, according to CNN.

“We are seeing reports of a balloon transiting Latin America. We now assess it is another Chinese surveillance balloon,” Pentagon press secretary Brig Gen Patrick Ryder said in a statement to the news network.

Click on the link for the full article

U.S. Shoots Down Chinese Spy Balloon Off the Coast of the Carolinas

he United States shot down a Chinese spy balloon on Saturday that had spent the last week traversing the country, American officials said, an explosive end to a drama that put a diplomatic crisis between the world’s two great powers onto television screens in real time.

The balloon, which spent five days traveling in a diagonal southeast route from Idaho to the Carolinas, had moved off the coast by midday Saturday and was over the Atlantic Ocean. The Federal Aviation Administration had paused departures and arrivals at airports in Wilmington, N.C., and in Myrtle Beach and Charleston in South Carolina, which the agency said was meant to “support the Department of Defense in a national security effort.”

President Biden had hinted at the move earlier on Saturday. “We’re going to take care of it,” Mr. Biden told reporters in Syracuse, N.Y., where he was visiting family members after the death of his brother-in-law.

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Any updates on the whereabouts of the second balloon that was supposedly further south?  Are we gonna pop that one as well?

My understanding was that it was over latin america.  Perhaps if it gets over US airspace or over the Gulf they might do something.

China decried the “excessive reaction that seriously violates international convention,” and said that it “retains the right to respond further.”

The Chinese foreign ministry declared its “strong discontent and protest” about the United States’ downing of its balloon. In a statement, the ministry said that China had told Washington repeatedly that the balloon was a civilian aircraft and had inadvertently flown over the United States and its presence was “totally accidental.”

The ministry also asserted that officials in Washington had said that the balloon posed no military threat. “In these circumstances, for the United States to insist on using armed force is clearly an excessive reaction that seriously violates international convention,” the statement said. “China will resolutely defend the legitimate rights and interests of the enterprise involved, and retains the right to respond further.”

Canada “strongly supports” the United States's decision to shoot down the Chinese balloon, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Twitter. A statement from the Canadian minister of defense, Anita Anand, noted that NORAD, a binational organization, had been tracking the balloon.

The US should launch about a thousand similar such balloons over China, claim they are civilian aircraft that are just off course, and see if China still feels the same way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They went from "it's jus a weather Ballon that got lost, my bad" to Greta Thunberg level "how dare you" quick fast...

Seen a couple respectable sources saying it was tracked changing directions in ways that couldn't be jus following air currents...so I get tracking it to see what China is trying to find. 

Interesting noting there's a debate on using balloons allows for better reconnaissance then spy satellites given the resolution they have now is so good they aren't even allowed to tell us.

I jus dont get why China is doing this and expecting what reaction.  Getting hyper defensive looks less innocent by the second, if there was ever any doubt though.

The second I read there was one in Latin America, I knew was going to shot the one over CONTUS down...weather ballon my ass...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1