Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

On 1/5/2020 at 5:54 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Hope you didn't leave early! 😳 In other news, San Jose files charges with local authorities for.. "points stolen" 

happy to report I did not leave early. One of the craziest things I have ever had the pleasure to witness at a sporting event. 

• Like 1

I'm going to the game tomorrow night with a buddy who got some tickets and the seats are 4 rows behind the penalty box.  I've never sat down that low so I'm curious as to how it will be.  Every time I see those seats on TV when they show someone going to the penalty box I always wondered if the view was not really that good just due to the obstructions.

Oh well either way will be fun.  Free ticket!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I'm going to the game tomorrow night with a buddy who got some tickets and the seats are 4 rows behind the penalty box.  I've never sat down that low so I'm curious as to how it will be.  Every time I see those seats on TV when they show someone going to the penalty box I always wondered if the view was not really that good just due to the obstructions.

Just go in with an open mind enjoying how close you are sitting. If you are focusing on all the other stuff, you'll miss the enjoyment of the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Ever been on TV for the best reasons?

source.gif

• Haha 2

Those seats were pretty badass behind the penalty box.  The angles of the shots from our side were sweet.  You could see the damn trajectory and everything.  The sense of speed down that low is completely different.  Now I wanna get seats on the glass somewhere.

Oh and I just saw Grant Paulsen on Caps Overtime on TV now that I'm home.  No way his fatass is on EMP180.  Dude is doughy as **** still.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ovi getting ready to shoot past some giants on the all-time goals list.

8.  Messier - 694

9.  Yzerman - 692

10.  Lemieux - 690

11.  Ovechkin - 684

Interestingly, if you look at goals per year currently Ovi is at #2, and nobody is even close to Gordie Howe:

1. Gordie Howe:  801 goals in 15 years, 53.4 g/yr

2. Alex Ovechkin:  694 goals in 16 years, 42.8 g/yr

3. Wayne Gretzyky:  894 goals in 21 years, 42.5 g/yr

4. Marcel Dionne:  731 goals in 19 years, 38.5 g/yr

5. Phil Esposito:  711 goals in 19 years, 37.7 g/yr

Jaromir Jagr who is 3rd all time in number of goals scored, only averaged 26.4 g/yr, but played for 29 years.

Whether Ovi can keep up is torrid scoring pace and for how many years he keeps playing will determine where he ends up.  If he plays another 5 years at the same goal rate he potentially break the all time goals mark.  

Edited by China
  • Like 2