Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Caps need to be planning now to lock up Vrana long term. Hopefully Backstrom and Ovechkin understand that taking less helps them stay better longer. 

Some of these smaller contracts will need to go, starting with Jensen. Small but bad contract. 

This team is going to make the playoffs so nothing really matters until April. Questions we face: Who will be the number one goalie going into the playoffs? Is the defense good enough? For the latter, I would say no at this point. 

• Like 1

Meh.  As we've seen in the past it doesn't really matter until the playoffs.  As long as they get their **** together and play well then, I'm not gonna get to worked up about these occasional games considering they still have the best record in the division, Eastern conference and league overall.

• Like 1

Maybe the first goal is on Holtby a little, but I put it more in Jensen. If you have gonna attack a player at the center line you have to be damn sure you win it or an odd man rush happens. 
The Caps are playing awful hockey. It’s not really a Holtby issue but I have no problems playing Samsonov more. Doesn’t matter who is in net when you give up odd man rushes or you have an awful turnover in your own zone. At this point, I’m only concerned with the D cause it’s been an issue all season. At the end of the day, all that matters is the playoffs and it will be a huge failure on the GM and coach if they don’t win a couple rounds.

I wouldnt say they’re playing AWFUL hockey per se. we’re 3-2 this month so far. Sure, would’ve been nice to win tonight, but hey. It’s a long season. The team is going to hit a slump at some point. I’d bet most teams go through at least a few bad games throughout the course of a season. 

Plus, i think in the Stanley cup year, this was around the time of the season the caps had their slump. Coincidence? I think not. 

They’ll be fine. 

12 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Sammy needs to be starter going forward. I’m pretty confident in saying this game is probably 2-2 with holtby in net. I love Holtz and it hasn’t all been his fault but he’s hurting right now. 

That would kinda be like 2 seasons ago where Holtby lost the starting job to Grubauer in the second half of the regular season 

8 minutes ago, c slag said:

That would kinda be like 2 seasons ago where Holtby lost the starting job to Grubauer in the second half of the regular season 

It’s a damn good problem to have though knowing if Sammy does struggle you have a vezina winner coming back in highly angry and motivated lol 

The way they call penalties in the nhl is a joke. So obvious the evening up is coming if one team has too many power plays. 

• Like 1