Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

30 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Being a high scoring team in the regular season is a big "who cares." I am more interested in seeing how the 3rd and 4th lines develop. Those guys plus Kuzy will determine the Caps fate in the playoffs, as always. 

Plus Kempny's health, yeah. 

3 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Plus Kempny's health, yeah. 

I'm not a big Kempny fan at this point. I don't think he's that critical to the success of the team in the playoffs. I mean, he's good to have but they can win the Cup without him. 

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Being a high scoring team in the regular season is a big "who cares." I am more interested in seeing how the 3rd and 4th lines develop. Those guys plus Kuzy will determine the Caps fate in the playoffs, as always. 

The defense may have a say in it as well. It basically cost us vs. Carolina.

But right now it is not a "who cares" because 4 goals per game - more fun games to watch. And I want entertainment.

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

I'm not a big Kempny fan at this point. I don't think he's that critical to the success of the team in the playoffs. I mean, he's good to have but they can win the Cup without him. 

Have you been watching? I think the way our play dipped with him out and rebounded with him back in, disproves your theory. He has been great. Especially considering having him allows us to move other guys down a pairing.

46 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Have you been watching? I think the way our play dipped with him out and rebounded with him back in, disproves your theory. He has been great. Especially considering having him allows us to move other guys down a pairing.

Um, okay. Not really sure how you making a subjective observation disproves a theory. 

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The defense may have a say in it as well. It basically cost us vs. Carolina.

But right now it is not a "who cares" because 4 goals per game - more fun games to watch. And I want entertainment.

Kempny being out isn’t the reason the Caps lost. 

He’s a good player, but he’s not the the deciding factor in a playoff series. 

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Least surprising thing that Cherry is a racist POS. He should’ve been gone a long time ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

He was a racist old SOB. Remember when he hated on Ovie for the celebrations? Because God forbid people have fun playing a game for a living.

That was his go-to hate for non-canadian players. To complain about somebody that made no sense. 

He's Jimmy the Greek. His filter has been broken for years. Finally went far enough to piss off the bosses up there. 

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I never said he did. The team defense cost us vs. Carolina, it was subpar and a major step down from 2018.

I don't think it was just the defense. The team looked tired and slow. Kuzy didn't score goals, not much secondary scoring, no offense from the defense, some soft goals if I remember correctly and not great defense. 

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He was a racist old SOB. Remember when he hated on Ovie for the celebrations? Because God forbid people have fun playing a game for a living.

I went to school in Montreal, Canada way back in the early 90s. Cherry had just joined "Hockey Night in Canada", and racism was his whole selling point.

In particular he HATED French Canadiens players (jealousy? because for a time, with players like Henri Richard, Guy LaFleur and

Mario Lemieux, French-speaking Canada produced some of the best players in the league). He would go out of his way, every time he talked about

Canadien goalie Patrick Roy, to call him Patrick "Roy" (as in Roy Rogers), when the correct, French pronounciation is Patrick "Rwah". This used to 

irritate Franch Canadien hockey fans no end. I remember listening to call in shows in Montreal where Quebecers were calling for the guy's head.

No surprise that his act hasn't changed years later. 

EDIT: Back to the Caps, hugely frustrating loss tonight. For most of the game, Caps made Arizona look like an AHL team, except for

3 lapses that ultimately cost them. 

Edited by Mournblade