Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking former Redskins around the league

justice98

• 2 weeks later...

Gruden expected to be out of coaching for all of 2021.

But says he's open to broadcasting. Says he'd be better than Romo.

I actually think he'd be great for broadcasting.

Combine his knowledge, with his comfort level with the camera, and plus his entertaining spontaneous one-liners, he would be a hit. And I would be hoping that he'd be commentator for our games.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/06/jay-gruden-isnt-impressed-by-tony-romos-in-game-prognostication-skills/

Asked whether Gruden has the ability to predict the next play, if he were broadcasting a game, Gruden said publicly what almost every other game analyst has said privately in recent years regarding Tony Romo’s propensity for prognostication.

I could do it every time,” Gruden said. “He’s only right like 30 percent of the time. Those are usually pretty obvious, I mean. Nobody talks about the times when he’s wrong, but when he’s right, ‘Holy cow, he’s a genius.’ Oh, come on, man. Sure, it’s a run. Nope, it’s a pass. Sorry, I was wrong.”

Weird flex but okay.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow, here’s a blast from the past....Lions hiring Antwaan Randle El to be their WRs coach. 

You sound shocked that it took so long for him to get the job. But I'm not surprised.

The reason is, the Lions have been pursuing him for years, but he kept running backwards before they could get him to sign the contract.

Finally, the Lions called Barry Sanders to catch ARE. And I guess Barry still has that speed.

• Haha 3

On 2/10/2021 at 12:24 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

You sound shocked that it took so long for him to get the job. But I'm not surprised.

The reason is, the Lions have been pursuing him for years, but he kept running backwards before they could get him to sign the contract.

Finally, the Lions called Barry Sanders to catch ARE. And I guess Barry still has that speed.

ARE used to be the Athletic Director at Virginia Academy in Ashburn. I once got "accidentally forced" into a conversation when I was picking up my son one day, said "Hey, buddy" and he turned around, thinking I was talking to him and said "Hi" to me... 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Hankerson was drafted under the Shannys, right?...

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. Drafted him in 2011. Had a couple nice games over his 4 years here where it looked like he was poised to break out, but most of the time he either dropped passes, or was on IR. 

Wow - the Shanafamily will literally hire or sign ANYONE who has been in Washington in the past.

Hankerson is another one of the hundreds of "THIS IS THE YEAR Wide Receivers" that we drafted, and waited and waited, and waited on to develop.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Maybe those big ol hands of his can do more for his coaching job than for his WR job?

The threat of strangulation with those hands, will be enough to coerce his receivers into catching the ball ?

"Eh Smitty, if you choke the next time is thrown your way, you gonna literally choke when I get my hands on you !"

Or since Hanky knew so much about getting hurt and how it happens, he could threaten them he'd tear their ACL or sprain their hip, with his bare hands.

It's called "ENE". Extreme Negative Reinforcement 😛

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...