Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking former Redskins around the league

justice98

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I noticed Preston Smith has only 1.5 sacks this year.  And hasn't missed a game.  I dont think I've ever seen a more inconsistent guy year to year.  He literally performs in odd numbered years.

I noticed that too while looking at stats around the league today 😂  guess we were smart to get rid of him and draft Montez sweat 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Has anyone ever noticed how much better Preston Smith is on odd years than even years? I've never seen a guy struggle to put up two good seasons in a row in my life. This is an even year and Preston Smith has only 2.5 sacks, last year was an odd year and he had 12 lol. 

They just mentioned him on the broadcast, saying the GB coaches need him to get going. I hadn’t noticed the every other year thing but it’s true.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They just mentioned him on the broadcast, saying the GB coaches need him to get going. I hadn’t noticed the every other year thing but it’s true.

It's pretty strange, Green Bay fans are upset by it but it's actually par the course for him. Shoot he'll probably get double digit sacks next season for them.

2015, 2017, 2019 Preston Smith had 8 sacks, 8 sacks, and 12. 2016, 2018, and 2020 he had 4 sacks, 4.5 sacks, and currently 2.5 sacks. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitPr00.htm

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Sentencing in March. Portis trial is scheduled for April 2021. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ex-nfl-player-carlos-rogers-194723462.html

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — A 12th former NFL player has admitted to participating in a multimillion-dollar scheme to defraud the league’s health care benefit program.

Former Washington Football Team and San Francisco 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers pleaded guilty Monday in federal court in Lexington, Kentucky, to one charge of conspiring to defraud a program set up to reimburse former players for out-of-pocket medical expenses, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's an article from May 2020, nothing more recent. At that point he was still waiting for one, and the realistic timeline is two years (though they mention he has a friend that is willing to donate and is working through the donor tests).

https://www.sportscasting.com/albert-haynesworth-has-cheated-death-three-times-remains-very-sick/

I miss Alfred Morris. Why did we ever let him walk?

• Like 1