Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The current status of the Redskins o-line.

bakedtater1

The new Calla-sled.

ESPN : Redskins hope sled designed with Bill Callahan's input pays off

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38857/redskins-hope-blocking-sled-designed-with-bill-callahans-input-pays-off

" Callahan wanted to modernize blocking sleds, so he called Hans Krause, the president and owner of the Rae Crowther Co. and someone Callahan has known for about 20 years...

After the initial design, Callahan offered suggestions for more tweaks. Then Krause, whose family began designing sleds in 1932, came up with the finished product.

The new sled has been a key part of the Redskins' line work during training camp."

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was trying to focus on LG during the Brown’s game and came away an opinion that the style of Flowers is kind of opposite of Martin. Flowers seems slow but uses his body well and Martin looks quicker but still needs to learn to use his leverage. Both need more time to play as a unit. I will say this: it looks like Flowers is doing everything to just survive whereas Martin appears to be more within the playbook - if that makes any sense. And if Geron Christian can get off the line faster, we might have a left side that can give the QB about 3 seconds. To me, it looks like Martin has the clear edge for the running game. 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Welp with haskins quick release I'd say that's plenty o time...

What would everybody's thoughts opinions be if haskins was named starter for week 1?

Wrong thread hombre... but I would not be happy. Just doesn't make sense to do that.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Wrong thread hombre... but I would not be happy. Just doesn't make sense to do that.

Wadraimadr ..I did start this thread, yes you are right this is the wrong thread for that topic and it dawned on me so my apologies..and thanks for ur input..

Not too early to think about the final 53 roster. But before I’m thinking about ‘who’ makes the cut, I’m thinking whether we keep 9 or 10 offensive lineman. Last year’s injury pile-up makes me think keeping 10. But if oft injured Trent Williams is soon-to-be-gone, and since Lavauo is gone, and hoping Scherff’s injury is a one-off, then our line and the depth are pretty healthy and we could stick with 9.

No way do we roll with only 8, though.  Also, keeping 10 AND 3 QBs forces our hand to keep WR at 5 or RB to 3. Tough choices in the next few weeks. 

I'm sorry to change the topic to humans in stuffed animals attacking each other... when those mascot things do that kind of stuff are they just messing around or are they like actually attacking each other? lol

7 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Not too early to think about the final 53 roster. But before I’m thinking about ‘who’ makes the cut, I’m thinking whether we keep 9 or 10 offensive lineman. Last year’s injury pile-up makes me think keeping 10. But if oft injured Trent Williams is soon-to-be-gone, and since Lavauo is gone, and hoping Scherff’s injury is a one-off, then our line and the depth are pretty healthy and we could stick with 9.

No way do we roll with only 8, though.  Also, keeping 10 AND 3 QBs forces our hand to keep WR at 5 or RB to 3. Tough choices in the next few weeks. 

As long as we're samaje perineless than I'm ok with 10 o linemen...god samaje got the rookie about killed by not doing his assignment and picking up the guy he should have that sacked dh

10 points to keeping Geron or someone else but afraid to play them.  And afraid to risk them to waivers. Fear wins.  Who gets cut to keep an extra OL - he doesn't win.

Penn Flowers Chase BS Moses

Geron Martin Piers Bergy Parris

I know it's absolutely insane but if we have guys that are MUCH better in pass pro vs run, don't hesitate to swap them out. Say, for the 2 minute drill.  Or 4th and an inch going heavy jumbo, why have your pass pro guys out there.  Sounds kinda dumb since you are subbing every other position the entire season.  I know, continuity blah blah. It used to be crazy to think that a coach would cater his playbook to a rookie QB but here we are.  Are we really keeping 10 guys but have no plan to ever use 6-10?  Maybe subbing would actually help with injuries by sharing the workload.  I do believe one day before the year 2100 a team will actively sub out OLs.  It will probably be Bellichek, of course.

Throwing more OL into the toolbox won't make the first 5 any better.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, jbird said:

Why don't we move Moses and Sherrif over to the Left side of the OL to protect the blindside?

Jay is always saying how he wants his OL to be able to play multiple positions, so I wouldn't understand why they couldn't move Moses to LT in an emergency like this.

Maybe they aren't quite ready to declare it that much of an emergency

I'd guess Corey Robinson would be the tenth OL

56 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

10 points to keeping Geron or someone else but afraid to play them.  And afraid to risk them to waivers. Fear wins.  Who gets cut to keep an extra OL - he doesn't win.

you know what, over the last few years I think everytime they've tried to not play scared they've been screwed

7 hours ago, carex said:

you know what, over the last few years I think everytime they've tried to not play scared they've been screwed

Jay seems to coach with much apprehension - its just a hunch looking at his play calls. Very conservative on both sides. Not surprisingly it leads to coin flip games and a good chance to eek out 7-9. Yeah Jay knows far better than me the teams limitations and that his best bet to win is that which he does. But he doesn't even employ hurry up when the offense he implemented on a given week is getting destroyed, and we are getting blown out.  The few times we have seen HU over the past decade, it does well and we end up stunned at our success and calling a timeout, and then don't go back to it for another year. We don't try trick plays. We get the traditional 1970's run up the gut on first. I bet the players would like him to occasionally pull out the stops unleash the hounds, and just let the players try and win it for him.

I heard JoeT said he thinks Geron will start at LT.  I think it will be Penn and that Jay is just afraid to overwork Penn. 

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Jay is always saying how he wants his OL to be able to play multiple positions, so I wouldn't understand why they couldn't move Moses to LT in an emergency like this.

Maybe they aren't quite ready to declare it that much of an emergency

With the chemistry that Moses and Scherff have, I would move them both over to the Left side.

When/If Williams comes back let him play RT with Flowers or Geron @ RG.

Actually if Moses could play LT, and Scherff resigns, this could lock down the left side of the line for 4-5 years.

The current status remains in disarray. Whoever is on that left side will be flying by the seat of their pants to start the year and Jay needs to give them a TE or RB chip to help out, me thinks. Roll Right.

Galdi said he thinks Penn is out of shape. Based on crack reporting here that he was limping around Richmond I think he is nursing an old injury. Who am I kidding, a 36 year old tackle is nursing old injuries. Plural.

And he said he heard some folks say good things about Geron. It may have just been Theismann when he said he thinks he will start.  Which may be saying more about Penn, to be frank. burns.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:22 AM, jbird said:

With the chemistry that Moses and Scherff have, I would move them both over to the Left side.

When/If Williams comes back let him play RT with Flowers or Geron @ RG.

Actually if Moses could play LT, and Scherff resigns, this could lock down the left side of the line for 4-5 years.

Moses was a swing tackle in college, I think he technically was one his first year here but he didn't play much that year.  But I've heard things that say some RTs are RTs because they need to be more flexible on the left side.  So he maybe to stiff for that currently

On 8/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, Califan007 said:

It would have helped if he wasn't injured last year and put on IR after playing in 2 games.

It would help even more if he was good at football. 

Snyder leading DH onto the field.

tenor.gif

Archived