Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Hope we've talked to the Broncos.

We usually get a good deal with them

12 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

If as was reported 2nd opinions are paid for by the club..there was/is no excuse for Trent not partaking of that benefit. It was HIS call.

Makes me think that this wasn't the underlying issue, and there was something else he was very unhappy with, and perhaps he's using this situation to justify his "rallying call", despite this issue by itself possibly not warranting such a response, for the reason you cited.

29 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Could be wrong. But if you have a growth on your head and you're worried it might be cancer. Then go to an oncologist. If an NFL Team Dr. diagnosed that lump as one or another before a biopsy. Then that Dr. should be fired. Maybe that's what happened. You'd think that would have gotten out by now.

But it sure as **** looks like if a player isn't convinced the team Med staff is on the up and up. Not only do they have the right to go to another Dr. The team has to pay for that.

Good post.  This was something I was thinking about too.  Plus I think it is going to be nice to know eventually exactly what happened here.  But assume your a player and you have this lump or bump.  Are you really going to let some NFL team doctor look at that lump on your head, declare it something non-consequential without a follow up?  I mean weird lumps and bumps should be looked at by a specialty physician, who examines those sort of things.   The team physician should know that.  If it is somewhere on your skin then you need to go to a dermatologist who would definitely do a biopsy.      

Nobody wants to defend Bruce or Snyder. But this connection from a growth on his head to some Skins stadium to more widespread apathy with the fan base is all over the place. I don't even know what we're arguing anymore. 

My point has been that if there was serious medical malpractice from the Skins staff. Then that should be put out there. The NFLPA should be all over this by now. The staff released and Trent helped to move on to another team. If he is looking for a pay bump now. **** that. Alex Smith almost lost his leg apparently. He's at camp just to be there. 

17 minutes ago, evmiii said:

I'm with Trent.  Fire Bruce and replace the entire medical staff.  Get Trent in camp, hire a General Manager to handle only business decisions.  It's a win-win for the organization.

There's a high probability IMO that those aren't the only issues, and that it doesn't boil down to being that simple.

26 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's a high probability IMO that those aren't the only issues, and that it doesn't boil down to being that simple.

Why you wanna poo poo on my happy thought?

7 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Why you wanna poo poo on my happy thought?

Happiness comes from maintaining realistic expectations, so your hopes aren't dashed.

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

OMG apparently PR guru Tony Wyllie has communicated something??? 

It most certainly has to be a lie since he has zero cred based on anything he has said.

I saw that, where he said "the latest Trent report" is 100% false,

Is he talking about JLC's statement that TW's relationship with Bruce is fractured, etc ?

I just listened to Moses's presser and one of the reporters asked him if he thought Trent's holdout "was contractual or is it something else".

Moses gave an interesting answer, he said: "I don't know, I can talk to him and it can be one thing and then he says something else".

That soundbite starts at 7:51 of the presser.

Or, you know the reason Moses keeps hearing different reasons is because the holdout was caused by different reasons.

That's what I have been speculating all along. 

1. Bitter taste seeing his best chance at a Bowl QB slip out of Bruce's grasp
  2. 2015 TW restructured for the team, and wants reciprocation / restructure to be guaranteed. Possible small raise whatever...
  3. (As a result of..)  his tumor scare and a presumed team doctor downplaying it's severity/prolonged misdiagnosis.
  4. Compounded by being the most injured team the past 2 years, likely causes further distrust with team docs. Bruce chose to retain the same staff as far as I know.
  5. He may have taken one for the team and played against his own best judgement juggling 3 injuries last year, jeopardizing his ability to fulfill his non guaranteed contract. He was still not cleared to practice IIRC
  6. Bruce getting voted worst GM certainly didn't help his image to his players. 
  7. I would bet he doesn't like the way Jay is micromanaged by replay judge/assistant head coach-defense Bruce.

They all circle back to Bruce. What are the chances that Trent shares the same beliefs we do; fans general and seemingly wide spread discontent with Bruce?   A discontentment that has been brewing for years.

37 minutes ago, hailmary said:

What does anyone expect from this Nations FAKE NEWS reporters.......Trent will be starting LT week 1. Trent & the Redskins have made 1 thing clear and thats keeping everything private and thus the reasons for the FAKE NEWS!

Please keep cultist rhetoric out of the Stadium.

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Who would you rather believe though? Wylie, or JLC, who’s wrong 95% of the time😂😂😂

I am not sure I have ever heard Wyllie even speak.  Our PR department is a disaster and the marketing gurus that chose to lift the curtain on our bogus sellout streak all got fired mid season, it was so bad. Yet, Teflon Tony Wyllie remains as our stadium is overrun almost weekly now for years. They didn't even have a halftime show to close out the year. What a disgrace - football is supposed to be about entertainment. They should apologize to fans that showed up to end the year.

At least JLC is batting 5% :ols: 

Batting 5%? That's not how that works. 

Dude, I've hated on Wylie since the story of the old lady being sued for ticket money. But you're all over the place here. 

This is all on Trent's side to address it now. Everyone else has spoken on some level and you have a teammates talking about contractual support. If It's his health. Say it. 

A John Moxon style player revolt against Bruce would be epic, it's a perfect year to do it, not much expectation wise.

If Trent has an issue with Bruce just say it, don't play both sides so that you can sign another deal if one is offered.

6 hours ago, redrobert said:

Sorry guys but has anyone actually heard a statement from Trent or his agent yet? This is nuts...

This is my primary concern. I respect TW’s opinion on his contract, Bruce Allen, and medical care. What worries me is all the embellished drama and suspense. TW is supposed to be a leader, a team captain.  A leader doesn’t become a recluse and send confusing messages through friends. Why hasn’t he engaged his agent, communicated with the players association, issue a statement to his fans, or even post something on Twitter? The years of losing and bad culture are starting to make sense. 

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's beginning to sound a lot like the Cousins saga.

Skins FO : We really really want Kirk to play for us...BUT

Just insert Trent's name and it's feeling like rinse and repeat.

I have a feeling it will end similar to Cousins...or Cravens.

Yes, Kirk scored a big win for players in leveraging their situations to maximize future earnings. If Trent wants a huge new deal topping recent top lineman salaries, that puts Skins in a tough spot. I’m all for adding a year and guarantees though. Trent will be elite into his mid 30s due to freak talent and no serious lower body injuries, though knee injuries are becoming less of an issue for guys. 

Getting to free agency is a primary goal for the top 5% in more cases these days. Not that this hasn’t been the case, but players are being much more bold to make it happen. 

Ive said for a few years the NFL is 5-8 years behind the NBA, but it’s wild how similar each are becoming. As a fan, I’m hopeful the “SHIELD” will put a stop to it in the next collective bargaining agreement, as I love the NFL in large part due to the team focused approach. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Batting 5%? That's not how that works. 

Dude, I've hated on Wylie since the story of the old lady being sued for ticket money. But you're all over the place here. 

This is all on Trent's side to address it now. Everyone else has spoken on some level and you have a teammates talking about contractual support. If It's his health. Say it. 

All over the place... You know this drama is all just theories being discussed, right?  AP said he knew nothing. Moses said a few things. Teflon Tony implies he loves Bruce. Jay said he needs Trent, and then back peddled the next day.  Your sources are all over the place :ols:

I think the ball is in Bruce's court.  Trent's a total badass and doesn't take much crap before he snaps.  It appears he snapped. We'll just see what we'll see. 

Or, we won't see him at all ever again in DC.

Archived