Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wes Martin.

And he's not doin a whole lot better.

No, but in fairness to him, he's a rookie, and he has to play alongside Flowers (he might as well be playing alone :) ).

I also think Chase isn't playing on the other side, either.

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

News flash(with all due respect and I mean all due respect)Dan Snyder is the owner of the Redskins 

thanks captain obvious.  We are the experts in the nfl going 7-9 or 8-8.  I'm not sure whey we dont do a complete rebuild.  It's not like Fedex is sold out every week

I think too much is made of struggling OL early in camp. The information era we live in now is just telling us everything that has happened in camp since the first camp broke in 1776. All this has happened before, and may happen in every camp every year.

Defense is always ahead of the offense early on. If not the whole damn season.   I bet that even the young hogs had a lot of growing pains early in their careers / camps.  If Martin wasn't struggling in camp he would have been a top 10 pick. Heck even Scherff struggled early in his first camp.

That all said our OL without Trent will suck but somehow teams with crappy OLs compete and it is with a live arm at QB and with a coach that is minimizing all the weaknesses across the OL, which is code for using the collective offensive group to their strengths, a ton. And, with a dominant DICTATING defense.

We got this.  Somehow in week 1 first drive, our OL will give up a sack/fumble to an unblocked rusher, and then look like worldbeaters and score on the next drive. That is life in the NFL. Parity.

23 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

thanks captain obvious.  We are the experts in the nfl going 7-9 or 8-8.  I'm not sure whey we dont do a complete rebuild.  It's not like Fedex is sold out every week

I'd say we have been in a complete rebuild. We have stocked picks, we have moved up in drafts to maximize value, and by and large we are young and drafted. we have a few vets and a few free agents, but I really don't see us in any sort of holding pattern. 

This year we must step forward, and when Haskins takes over for good,, it's going to be time to see what we have built.

~Bang

36 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Because Dan Snyder is the owner of the team.. I'll tell you this you're better off seeing Joe Jacoby Jim Lachey Jeff Bostic come out of retirement and start playing again before a complete rebuild

6 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'd say we have been in a complete rebuild. We have stocked picks, we have moved up in drafts to maximize value, and by and large we are young and drafted. we have a few vets and a few free agents, but I really don't see us in any sort of holding pattern. 

This year we must step forward, and when Haskins takes over for good,, it's going to be time to see what we have built.

~Bang

But not the most important part..the o line..when I see the skins go heavy o line in the draft early and late than I'll believe they believe in a re build.... not trying to beat a dead horse but Kirk Cousins was the stepping stone for a rebuild and they shipped him off.

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

But not the most important part..the o line..when I see the skins go heavy o line in the draft early and late than I'll believe they believe in a re build.... not trying to beat a dead horse but Kirk Cousins was the stepping stone for a rebuild and they shipped him off.

When did offensive line become the most important part of a team or a rebuild?

It's important no doubt but no more important than the defensive line and not as important as quarterback. 

For years we all pissed and moaned about how we always neglected the defensive line and now that we have built it about as well as you can were pissing and moaning about the offensive line.

If we spend the next two drafts building the offensive line we'll be pissing and moaning about how we didn't take jerry Jeudy or that superstar safety and are neglecting those positions. 

No team has superstars at every position group and there's just not enough time to build up each group with first round talent because when you start building the next group another position is now at the time where you need to either pay them or cut bait.

I said it in another thread and I'll reiterate, we are finally building our team the right way, we are drafting well making one part of our team very strong while relying on finding talent in later rounds to fill out the roster, it is just yet to be determined whether those later round players are gems or duds, but I believe the right coach could easily bring this roster to the playoffs.

I hope that coach is Gruden but I'm not overly confident in that.

If haskins works out I think were really close to having a very competitive roster.

Please don't imply we did something even in the ballpark of competent by allowing Kirk to walk. 

We let the most valuable asset in the NFL at the time walk for a 3rd round compensation pick. 

At the end of the day that **** better not be the case with Trent. 

10 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Please don't imply we did something even in the ballpark of competent by allowing Kirk to walk. 

We let the most valuable asset in the NFL at the time walk for a 3rd round compensation pick. 

At the end of the day that **** better not be the case with Trent. 

Who are we to question “Gods plan”?

https://www.christianpost.com/news/kirk-cousins-says-faith-biggest-influence-in-career-reason-for-turning-down-53m-contract.html

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I agree on the Cousins part, BUT, i think that with hindsight being 20/20 thjey may have made the right call, and did manage to come out on the other end of it with a rookie that has a ton of potential to become the franchise QB we need. 
As to the lines.. all you have to do is look to see it.
They took a tackle in the third last year, Scherff was a first going into his 4th season, Moses was a 3rd and is going into his fifth, and overall in the last 5 years they have taken 9 OL.
LG has been held down by a free agent, and we got a nice hit on Roullier as a 6th, but really,, good centers and interior linemen deep in drafts aren't unusual.
So moving Trent, Scherff, and moses into starting positions started the building of the DL via the draft. 

there has been a definite focus on the trenches over the last 5 years. And the theory is this is where you build  win.

~Bang

Well..I'm very glad to have brought out the positives in y'all..trythebeal you have an excellent point about Kirk..that was exactly what happened..bang has some excellent points as well..redskinss is spot on as well about the skins can't make anyone happy....good job REDSKINS FANS!(and I'm not being sarcastic)

Maybe i am in the minority but a strong O line is imperative to winning in the NFL.  They have to serviceable at least.  I think they were called The Hogs and Riggins ran behind them.  How can this FO not have learned from their own history?  They have not.  QB protection, minimizing QB hits, running lanes,  allowing WR to run longer routes, etc.  It is essential in winning.  I remember early on, before the season began, and some on NFL network were focusing on the Brown's and all they have done to compete and one announcer pointed out that they have a glaring weakness on their O line at the tackle position and he saw it as a hindrance to the expectation of great success this year.   It is a crucial under appreciated  aspect for sure.  Wasn't our O line ranked like 29-30 last year?  I know we had injuries but you have to seek out great players in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Who is Guice, and Peterson running behind this year?

It is a huge problem and I once again blame the FO for not making it a priority.   QB's get way too much criticism when in reality they are unprotected.  

If we went o line first round five years...ohhh wait if we pulled a cowboys stunt we would have the best o line in the nfl..me personally I would not **** If the skins went o line first round 6 years in a row...we should have drafted that center the Vikings drafted instead of haskins...than the best left guard or left tackle round one next year..

I feel very bad for any Redskins fan pumping them selves up over haskins..over haskins is gonna save this franchise..I'm not dissing haskins I know nothing about him...I wont even judge the whole him being a college qb for only one season thing..but I'm a Redskins fan and I'm well aware of how things are being ran scince 99...I am willing to bet the farm something happens...it always does..#weareredskinsfansandcanthaveanythingnicesincemrjackkentcookpassedr.i.p.

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

If we went o line first round five years...ohhh wait if we pulled a cowboys stunt we would have the best o line in the nfl..me personally I would not **** If the skins went o line first round 6 years in a row...we should have drafted that center the Vikings drafted instead of haskins...than the best left guard or left tackle round one next year..

Honestly not saying Haskins is a bad pick but really with the depth of the QB class next year,I think I would have gone the route of fortifying the O line more.    We have youth now, built a solid D line over the last couple of drafts, we have some speed, youth, maybe next year should have been the year to add a QB. 

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What do you mean?

The entire Redskins OL is drafted.

Not one free agent among them.

The Redskins have done nothing but stockpile OL picks (and DL picks, for that matter as they are all drafted too).

1 minute ago, skinsmania123 said:

Honestly not saying Haskins is a bad pick but really with the depth of the QB class next year,I think I would have gone the route of fortifying the O line more.    We have youth now, built a solid D line over the last couple of drafts, we have some speed, youth, maybe next year should have been the year to add a QB. 

I have no idea what's goin on in college...whos available next year or the year after..but I do know the redskins never won a superbowl with a flashy first round qb 😉

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

What do you mean?

The entire Redskins OL is drafted.

Not one free agent among them.

The Redskins have done nothing but stockpile OL picks (and DL picks, for that matter as they are all drafted too).

Other than scherff and Williams what other first round o linemen do we have?.... you're exactly right and have an excellent point I just wish they would focus on the o-line a little more early in the draft

14 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Other than scherff and Williams what other first round o linemen do we have?.... you're exactly right and have an excellent point I just wish they would focus on the o-line a little more early in the draft

I don't think there were too many great choices for OL this past draft in the first round (though, like most here, I'm no draft expert).

However, with a fully drafted OL and DL, no one can really say the Redskins have been ignoring the lines.

True, they aren't all first rounders, but do they need to be?

Dont't forget that one of the greatest Redskins OL of all time, Joe Jacoby, was undrafted.

And that was when the draft was 15 rounds. :)

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't think there were too many great choices for OL this past draft in the first round (though, like most here, I'm no draft expert).

However, with a fully drafted OL and DL, no one can really say the Redskins have been ignoring the lines.

True, they aren't all first rounders, but do they need to be?

Dont't forget that one of the greatest Redskins OL of all time, Joe Jacoby, was undrafted.

And that was when the draft was 15 rounds. :)

Those were the days, my friend. Good scouting and good coaching trumps four-letter networks and dudes with weird hair every day of the week.

29 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Flowers, and he's a damn fine example of how you can't base your acquisition of talent solely on how many of your players were drafted in the first round.

Archived