Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, volsmet said:

 

I’d trade Scherff in 6 seconds if a first rounder was coming back. 

Why?..why would you do that..I mean ok so there's plenty of younger cheaper options but..what happened to continuity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why?..why would you do that..I mean ok so there's plenty of younger cheaper options but..what happened to continuity?

 

Continuity of... what?

 

Im not a fan of any of our linemen right now. Scherff would probably be better long term than many other options. But this team needs to change things up. 

 

I wouldn’t give him away... hed need to come with a nice haul to consider it. But give a good enough offer and I’m not sure there’s a single Skin that’s off limits for a trade, to be honest. 

 

McLaurin might be the closest thing to untouchable for me right now. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why?..why would you do that..I mean ok so there's plenty of younger cheaper options but..what happened to continuity?

 

Build continuity with the guard I draft to replace him. I’m not paying Scherff as a top 3 interior OL, I’ll draft someone who will be very good for much less. There are incredibly gifted OL prospects in this draft, I’d trade Trent & Scherff & draft 2 in the first and 2 more later on. 

 

The guard position is one I value more than just about anyone, but I don’t see BS as the stud rg that others do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scherff's move and combo blocking are top tier and his protections are clean.  He's also a locker room leader.  He plays hurt and he's entering the best years of his career.  I would definitely keep him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Scherff's move and combo blocking are top tier and his protections are clean.  He's also a locker room leader.  He plays hurt and he's entering the best years of his career.  I would definitely keep him.

 

I can see that. I wouldn’t be against keeping him, but if I was offered a first, I’d move on. Scherff, Dunbar, Foster, Payne, Allen, Monte, Settle, Allen, Quinn, Guice, Way & our rookies are the only guys I’d consider pieces we can build around. Right now, Flowers isn’t all that far from making that list - but we obviously need to see more & see continued improvement.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, volsmet said:

 

Build continuity with the guard I draft to replace him. I’m not paying Scherff as a top 3 interior OL, I’ll draft someone who will be very good for much less. There are incredibly gifted OL prospects in this draft, I’d trade Trent & Scherff & draft 2 in the first and 2 more later on. 

 

The guard position is one I value more than just about anyone, but I don’t see BS as the stud rg that others do. 

Sooo than what with the guard that ya replace scherff with?..treat him like a chess piece too?..ya got good points not trying to sound like a schmuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Sooo than what with the guard that ya replace scherff with?..treat him like a chess piece too?..ya got good points not trying to sound like a schmuck.

 

If I got a first, I’d draft a guard in the first, and I better get it right. There are guys to be had around the league, but I’d simply take a guard I have a first round grade on over paying Scherff ... unless I graded Scherff as a top 5 interior OL, in which case I’d be more than happy to pay him. 

 

I’d have done the same with Trent a year & a half ago & played Ty. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the skins have always satisfied me on the o line front on "hanging on to there suit cases"..that's why the t William's situation has me at scratching my head..if the same **** unfolds with scherff I will do what I said I'd do when they were fumbling the kirk situation and just fold on this team..

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

 

and I better get it right. 

Lol, well ya think?..ya just shipped off a top 5 guard lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I feel the skins have always satisfied me on the o line front on "hanging on to there suit cases"..that's why the t William's situation has me at scratching my head..if the same **** unfolds with scherff I will do what I said I'd do when they were fumbling the kirk situation and just fold on this team..

Lol, well ya think?..ya just shipped off a top 5 guard lol

 

His point is that he doesn't think Scherff is a top 5 guard anyways, but will be paid like it.

 

If they dealt him for a 1st, that's what would make you bail? lol. He's part of an awful line and had two holding penalties today. He's a guard. You can't build a team around a guard unless he's an All-Pro and you've got other studs on the interior to protect the pocket. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I feel the skins have always satisfied me on the o line front on "hanging on to there suit cases"..that's why the t William's situation has me at scratching my head..if the same **** unfolds with scherff I will do what I said I'd do when they were fumbling the kirk situation and just fold on this team..

Lol, well ya think?..ya just shipped off a top 5 guard lol

 

I wanted to get rid of Kirk & Trent, and we should have. I don’t know if you could get a first for Scherff, but that’s an easy move imo. Take a guard with the 1st I get, take one late, and develop Martin & Flowers ... and you always have FA as well as OL available in trades after the draft. 

 

We’d be fine there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

His point is that he doesn't think Scherff is a top 5 guard anyways, but will be paid like it.

 

If they dealt him for a 1st, that's what would make you bail? lol. He's part of an awful line and had two holding penalties today. He's a guard. You can't build a team around a guard unless he's an All-Pro and you've got other studs on the interior to protect the pocket. 

Ok this makes sense..ya ok..his opinion on scherff..ya scherff had a bad game today..so if ya got a 1st for him use those picks to rebuild the line..replace trent with the original pick..trade norman for a second, recoop the one we lost to indy use that on a guard to replace..whaaaaaaat a much improved flowers?..try to replace moses..I'm done with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Santana_89 said:

Send Trent to Denver provided Elway's makes a great offer.

It's not happening no matter what the offer - Heck wonder what was Houston offering us and they thought Trent was more valuable than Tunsil and that didn't work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I don't know why people are fantasizing about trading TW.  Allen has spoken and said that he will be a Redskin.  He ain't going nowhere.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Yep, I don't know why people are fantasizing about trading TW.  Allen has spoken and said that he will be a Redskin.  He ain't going nowhere.  

 

Which is stupid

 

A 1st rd pick would be better for this team at this point. Trent can't fix this team and we still would be 0-2 with him. So screw it see what we can get at this point. I still wouldn't settle for anything less than a 1st for him though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep, I don't know why people are fantasizing about trading TW.  Allen has spoken and said that he will be a Redskin.  He ain't going nowhere.  

He'll never play another down for us and he'll be gone next year for something enormously less than what we could have had for him this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scherff is that he's one of the best pass blockers at the position in the NFL and he does enough things well in the run game, including difficult pull blocks, that he is a worthy building block on the OL.  He also lets you try some nifty things because of his ability to reach the right hash on short drops and sweeps.  He's consistently around a Pro-bowl level and he's clean, if not dominant.  He's like a Kyle Long or Brandon Brooks caliber player.  Good lines keep players like him.  The line needs an overhaul but he's the best player from the group and you can certainly pay him and build a strong group.

 

The problem with the roster is how we've spent our money elsewhere.  Move on from Trent and Alex Smith ASAP, cut Norman, and hope that Landon Collins gets back to who he was in 2017.  Those are the places we are currently wasting a tremendous amount of money.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Which is stupid

 

A 1st rd pick would be better for this team at this point. Trent can't fix this team and we still would be 0-2 with him. So screw it see what we can get at this point. I still wouldn't settle for anything less than a 1st for him though. 

Agree with you and Nonniey.

 

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

He'll never play another down for us and he'll be gone next year for something enormously less than what we could have had for him this year. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

Interesting, left side out doing the right side thus far in the running game.  I am definitely a Scherff guy, not Moses.

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweets like that bother me to no end. 

 

People trying to save their jobs with an average 2019 season is the reason we're not trading Trent?

 

WE'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE TRENT!

 

Even if he shows up... are we REALLY going to have him? C'mon!!

 

I'm generally calm about a lot of this stuff, but this is beyond frustrating.

 

I realize my frustration is misplaced with the tweeter, but the trigger for me is he's probably dead nuts correct on some of the FO's logic on it and it's maddening.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The idea that this team is only a buyer and not a seller of veterans for high draft picks is a proven fact during Dan's whole tenure.  They only at times dump failing veterans for low draft picks here and there.   But it's never a high end veteran for a high draft pick.   It's just about always win now with him.   I'll give that its not to the same extreme that it was in the past but there is still a strong enough element of it.   Some on other threads have tried to make the case that they are rebuilding whether they say it or not.  I disagree.   I saw somewhere there are 19 teams with younger rosters than we got.   

 

I get the rebuild point that some make.  Yes there are elements of rebuilding in that we are drafting well and letting those young players play.  But otherwise this isn't a rebuild.  Dan has never rebuilt.  It's a halfway version of it IMO, and i'll give that it leans towards a rebuild but its nothing heavy.   

 

The reason why I want to make this point as part of the backdrop of this is that I don't think Dan rolls with the idea that a veteran is worth trading if they can contribute now.  He either doesn't buy the Patriot way or can't stomach it.

 

Trent is oddly doing the Redskins a massive favor (as for a future play).  You have an opportunity to go way cheaper and younger at LT in a draft that is likely (granted it not a slam dunk) incredibly rich at that position.  

 

Yes, they are better now with Trent than they would be accruing draft picks for 2020 but for once don't roll that way Dan.    I doubt most of the fan base would prefer a 7-9 season that much over a 5-11.  It's not that big of a deal, Dan.  😀  That's why to me watching how they deal with Trent is fascinating.  Because you got two elements in play that I don't like about this FO -- the potential spiteful element and the future is now element which IMO hasn't completely gone away. 

 

They maybe can get a guy like this

 

 

 

or him

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're not better now with Trent.

 

Anyone care to guess why?

 

HE'S NOT PLAYING!

 

:ols:

 

Sorry. I'm triggered with this stuff this AM. I'm just so tired of seeing a relatively talented roster be squandered. It's not the losing... Dallas and Philly have good football teams and they deserve credit...

 

It's how we lose. And roster management is a big, big part of it.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MassSkinsFan said:

I suspect Scherff’s holding calls have something to do with Moses’ extreme decline. He’s playing like ****e. Put Christian in at RT and dump Moses. Please!

Christian is not doing anything in this league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They're not better now with Trent.

 

Anyone care to guess why?

 

HE'S NOT PLAYING!

 

:ols:

 

True, I don't mean it that literally and it does make it even more comical.  According to some who cover the team the FO thinks Trent plays eventually.   So let's say 10 games of Trent in 2019 is more meaningful to them than a draft pick or two who won't play until 2020. 

 

That's now how I think they should roll.  but there are some who suspect that's what they are thinking. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Even if he shows up... are we REALLY going to have him? C'mon!!

 

We can never trust or rely on him again IMO.  He has poisoned the well.  It's past time to move on from him and get out of the contract and get some draft capital.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now