Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

So Barr is full-on meeting with Senators, giving them advance knowledge of documents & information that are releasing to the public, in order for them to have all sorts of talking points and defenses ready to go.  Not a peep from conservative media......but remember the one time Susan Rice had a 10 second conversation on the tarmac? That was a bridge too far.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So Barr is full-on meeting with Senators, giving them advance knowledge of documents & information that are releasing to the public, in order for them to have all sorts of talking points and defenses ready to go.  Not a peep from conservative media......but remember the one time Susan Rice had a 10 second conversation on the tarmac? That was a bridge too far.

Loretta Lynch but same diff. 

39 minutes ago, visionary said:

But if, say, the President sends multiple envoys to the Ukraine, every one of them with orders to make sure that the President of Ukraine knows:  

1)  Your money is being blocked by Donald Trump personally.

2)  And Trump won't even talk to you unless you agree in advance to talk about claiming to investigate Biden.

3)  And they provide you with the announcement that they want you to make, announcing your investigation of the Bidens.

And then, the President brings up the subject by "asking you to do him a favor", 

well, then, that's OK,  In your legal opinion.  Right Lin?  

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Interestingly none of the democrat supporters gave a **** about the tarmac meeting

funny how it all works

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I find the tarmac meeting more troubling than Barr meeting with GOP senators, but I digress.

I disagree. Lynch's action was dumb and terrible optically but she wasn't a full on partisan. It would be comparable if Lynch was countering the email story with a report about Trump being under investigation.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Interestingly none of the democrat supporters gave a **** about the tarmac meeting

funny how it all works

Don't think the two situations equate.  Fair to suggest both were wrong, and I heard plenty of left-leaning media at the time say so, but if you are trying to equate a single conversation with Barr's efforts to defend Trump, I am not sure how to proceed. 

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Don't think the two situations equate.  Fair to suggest both were wrong, and I heard plenty of left-leaning media at the time say so, but if you are trying to equate a single conversation with Barr's efforts to defend Trump, I am not sure how to proceed. 

Just pointing out who didn’t care about it 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Just pointing out who didn’t care about it 

Tbh, I don't even remember what the Democrats said at the time.  I also am not sure if they were all on a united front about it. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't have much to say.  I also wouldn't be surprised if "Team Democrat" on cable news didn't seem to care either.

With that said, I am not sure if that is in the same stratosphere of what the current attorney general is doing. 

Archived