Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't studied Cosmi.  I noticed draft geeks have him right now mostly as a late first or 2nd.  Doesn't mean they are right but it would be interesting of they are as for his draft range.   Maybe that's a good range if we are replacing Trent if by chance we get a pick back for him. 

He wasn't on anyone's radar coming into the year.  He was very raw as a freshman and he's made a huge jump from then to now.

I don't think he's going to come out this year.  I've seen interviews where he seems to have conviction about wanting to bring Texas back and next year when their QB is a senior is their shot.  I think he comes out for 2021 instead.  This year is more about him building up a reputation and putting out a strong year of tape so that he can go into next season as a projected top ten guy.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Pretty poor attempt at an insult. You're full of ****ty takes today. Keep it up, scooter. 

F2C45C75-4C89-434D-B7C9-66674914B837.gif

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

You can weigh in. When you say stupid **** like you haven't watched Burrow today, but come to the conclusion that he's Minshew light, well it makes you sound like a moron. 

The internet must be a nice place for you. 

It also sucks that this game is gonna cost one of these two teams a playoff spot because I’d love to see a rematch.

you gotta figure if this holds on then Ohio State, LSU, Clemson and I guess Georgia? But one of those two SEC teams will be out I imagine when they clash in the conference champs (although if Georgia wins a close game then perhaps LSU stays in?).

17 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

If we get the first pick in the draft, we have to draft Joe Burrow....

If we end up with the first pick, we should seriously consider hiring Joe Brady as head coach and drafting Burrow.  Could be a fun 15 year stretch.

44 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It also sucks that this game is gonna cost one of these two teams a playoff spot because I’d love to see a rematch.

you gotta figure if this holds on then Ohio State, LSU, Clemson and I guess Georgia? But one of those two SEC teams will be out I imagine when they clash in the conference champs (although if Georgia wins a close game then perhaps LSU stays in?).

I'd bet that both will be in the playoff.  Only one of them can make the sec championship, so it's very possible they both win out.  And I'd bet that out of osu, Clemson, and whomever is the 4 seed Monday, one of them will lose again, clearing the path for bama to jump back in the top 4.

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

If we end up with the first pick, we should seriously consider hiring Joe Brady as head coach and drafting Burrow.  Could be a fun 15 year stretch.

I'd bet that both will be in the playoff.  Only one of them can make the sec championship, so it's very possible they both win out.  And I'd bet that out of osu, Clemson, and whomever is the 4 seed Monday, one of them will lose again, clearing the path for bama to jump back in the top 4.

Well, I imagine Georgia sneaks in right now and hypothetically if Georgia and LSU meet in the SEC game and Georgia squeaks our a victory they could still both get in. Ditto if LSU squeaks our a close victory.

Also hypothetically, if minny beats Ohio State in the Big 10 game, do they get in?

i don’t think Bama beating a 2 loss Auburn carries as much weight with the voters as some people may think.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well, I imagine Georgia sneaks in right now and hypothetically if Georgia and LSU meet in the SEC game and Georgia squeaks our a victory they could still both get in. Ditto if LSU squeaks our a close victory.

Georgia has a bad loss.  They have to win out to get in no matter what I think.

LSU winning was big.  They could have gotten in as the four even with a close loss in this one because they had a quality win in Texas and this one was on the road.  Now they've essentially punched their ticket in even if they lose to Georgia.

If the committee picks the four best teams again then Alabama still has a shot at getting in even if LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State all win out.  But them losing today opened the door up for Oregon and I hope they get in over Alabama.

Oklahoma has a narrow path IMO.  I don't think they can get in over Oregon if both hold serve.

Archived