Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

All I know is this.  Down 4-1 I did not have a Braves jersey on, just a cap.  I put on my red Braves jersey and we go 4-3, then 5-4 and win the game.  

Whatever it takes.  Thank you. 

Only Braves shirt I have is the AJC front page of Sid sliding home *and he was out, but we took it* that says "OH YES!!"  Gotta find it, may take a while cuz I'm like the Queen of T-shirts, LOL. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ball Security said:

That may go down as one of the best non-World Series postseason games in history.

That was a wild game. But I am preferential to the 2019 Wild Card game, and World Series Game 7. Not biased at all.

On a side note, what a horrendous base running gaffe by Harper. There's no need to start running like that. If he goes half way or even 3/4ths the way to 2nd, he still scores easily if Harris doesn't come up with it.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

That was a wild game. But I am preferential to the 2019 Wild Card game, and World Series Game 7. Not biased at all.

On a side note, what a horrendous base running gaffe by Harper. There's no need to start running like that. If he goes half way or even 3/4ths the way to 2nd, he still scores easily if Harris doesn't come up with it.

When he took off, I started screaming.  I still can't swallow properly (I'm sure my throat will calm down at some point), it was that crazy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I’d put the O’s 2014 game 2 win over the Tigers up there. Down 3 in the bottom of the 8th. 

That was a great one. The Nelson Cruz backwards summersault when Hardy scored was the best part. Delmon Young smacked that ball like it was a random guy walking in his neighborhood.

But the ending of the game last night with the double up on Harper was bananas. I heard it was the only playoff game that ended on an OF double play. Not sure if that’s true or not.

The Jayson Werth walk off was incredible too.

The Bonds weak throw that couldn’t get Bream on the third string catcher’s pinch hit is up there too.

Dave Henderson/Donnie Moore game.  Those two resulted in going to the WS.

But that play by Harris to seal it was unreal. After taking the lead on a two out two run homerun in the 8th. And to do it at around 9:30 where kids could actually watch it? Well done MLB.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

why did bochy leave SF

they been ass since he left

Bochy was 214-272 in his last 3 years with the Giants. Know many other managers who can average 90 losses a year in a major market for 3 years and keep their job? Or ones who can have an overall losing record over 26 years of MLB managing? I like Bochy but it was time.

Fwiw he was pushed out ("retired") because he and his felllow coaches weren't getting the job done anymore. The Giants wanted to go in a new direction. They also had a new front office at the time who embraced metrics which is the antithesis of how Bochy manages. 

Kapler did win 107 games his first full season (the covid shortened season doesnt count, sorry Dodger fans). They obviously regressed from that the last 2 years.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He never had a postseason go ahead or game winning hit here.

You're not still holding on to that pipe dream that Scherzer will retire a Nat like some other fans are you?

World keeps spinning without us, contrary to popular belief...

• Confused 1