Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

The greater Los Angeles fanbase would like to thank Kevin Cash for a reverse-Roberts over managing type of move.  

What a dumb move, and everyone watching knew when Snell came out the Dodgers had a chance.

Either way though, the Dodgers bullpen was also fantastic and keeping it a close game was very important... 

I think Kershaw should be the WS MVP.  His two starts were huge.  

Say what you want, but I am glad Justin Turner got to celebrate with his teammates... they were already all exposed to him anyway.  

• Like 1

MLB and Dodgers should be under investigation.

Tests are done constantly so they’d know beforehand.  Also Turner told the Dodgers I’m going back out there and showed up maskless and even took the picture next to the manager who you might remember is a cancer survivor.  It’s clear the league didn’t want to postpone and allowed it to happen.  I’d love to see them thoroughly investigated after letting Houston off the hook.  

• Like 2

Happy for Kershaw.  Final piece of the puzzle for that guy who is the defining pitcher of his generation, maybe the best pitcher of all-time.  Happy for Betts, too.

29 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

MLB and Dodgers should be under investigation.

Tests are done constantly so they’d know beforehand.  Also Turner told the Dodgers I’m going back out there and showed up maskless and even took the picture next to the manager who you might remember is a cancer survivor.  It’s clear the league didn’t want to postpone and allowed it to happen.  I’d love to see them thoroughly investigated after letting Houston off the hook.  

No.

Tests are done so they'd know beforehand, but you're discounting the human element.  Someone doesn't do the test on time, some truck doesn't deliver the samples when they should have, there's a bunch of things that can go wrong.  The idea that MLB and the Dodgers somehow let Turner play 7 or 8 innings and then decided to pull him when they knew all along that he was positive in front of a nationwide TV audience is silly.  The MLB doesn't want that heat, are you kidding me?

Dave Roberts, cancer survivor, took the picture, too.  He could have refused, clearly he didn't care.

I get it, we're all upset that we have to wear masks, not go to offices, maintain social distancing and sacrifice things that we like to do and sacrifice spending time with people we care about and then get pissy and jealous when we see multimillionaire athletes straight up break rules and guidelines in front of our faces.  IMO, that's the real issue here, the Houston comparison isn't even on the same planet.

Think what you want the but smoke is all there and given how Houston was handled there’s very likely fire.

Imagine if MLB is found of going around their own rules and that the Dodgers knowingly played a ineligible player (Which would be ironic for the Dodgers after screaming about Houston.)?  And for your conspiracy people even if the test weren’t there at game time every report is suggesting they knew by 1st/ 2nd inning. They didn’t pull him until the 8th when they were leading. The fact is MLB knew at the very least they couldn’t confirm Turner was negative and they let it go.  Every baseball analyst are suggesting by early in the game they would know.  So they let it go and then let the player return maskless.  I don’t care if the manager is cool with a COVID player next to him or not.  It’s not his call.  Every protocol was broken by the league and Dodgers last night.  

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Think what you want the but smoke is all there and given how Houston was handled there’s very likely fire.

Imagine if MLB is found of going around their own rules and that the Dodgers knowingly played a ineligible player (Which would be ironic for the Dodgers after screaming about Houston.)?  And for your conspiracy people even if the test weren’t there at game time every report is suggesting they knew by 1st/ 2nd inning. They didn’t pull him until the 8th when they were leading. The fact is MLB knew at the very least they couldn’t confirm Turner was negative and they let it go.  Every baseball analyst are suggesting by early in the game they would know.  So they let it go and then let the player return maskless.  I don’t care if the manager is cool with a COVID player next to him or not.  It’s not his call.  Every protocol was broken by the league and Dodgers last night.  

First test came back inconclusive, meaning they couldn't tell if he was positive or negative.  Second test came back during the game, they yanked him immediately.  I'm not sure what we're arguing about here.

You can imagine all you want about the MLB of being found going around their own rules and the Dodgers knowingly playing an ineligible player, but that's all it is...imagining.  

I agree him celebrating after the game was a bad look.  

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

First test came back inconclusive, meaning they couldn't tell if he was positive or negative.  Second test came back during the game, they yanked him immediately.  I'm not sure what we're arguing about here.

You can imagine all you want about the MLB of being found going around their own rules and the Dodgers knowingly playing an ineligible player, but that's all it is...imagining.  

I agree him celebrating after the game was a bad look.  

Which inconclusive is treated as positive so even if you are correct and they didn’t know they had no confirmation.  In any lab inconclusive COVID is treated positive  until confirmed negative.  Again the league let it go.  Also reports are the league was informed at latest the 2nd inning.  That would mean they knew for 6 innings.  The fact that Turner was let back out there and MLB did nothing to stop it makes it even more possible.  They were guilty of inaction with a COVID player maskless around a entire team so why is so beyond people’s belief that the league let this go for the sake of money?  They let Astros off for blatant cheating.  They already showed they have no ethics.  Definitely not the first time baseball turned a blind eye to illegal activities in their sport. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Which inconclusive is treated as positive so even if you are correct and they didn’t know they had no confirmation.  In any lab inconclusive COVID is treated positive  until confirmed negative.  Again the league let it go.  Also reports are the league was informed at latest the 2nd inning.  That would mean they knew for 6 innings.  The fact that Turner was let back out there and MLB did nothing to stop it makes it even more possible.  They were guilty of inaction with a COVID player maskless around a entire team so why is so beyond people’s belief that the league let this go for the sake of money?  They let Astros off for blatant cheating.  They already showed they have no ethics.  Definitely not the first time baseball turned a blind eye to illegal activities in their sport. 

Well, the league can seemingly pick and choose how they treat inconclusive tests.  Again, once it came back positive, they pulled him immediately.  I will agree, Turner was an asshole for going back out after the game and breaking isolation and not complying with security:

Cut it any way you want, this is way different than the Astros.  At WORST this is the Dodgers and/or MLB ignoring rules for one player who didn't impact the game (he was 0-3 with two strikeouts) vs. a systemic cheating system that allowed Astros players to know what pitches were coming many times throughout the season on their way to a championship, there's no comparison.

Even if we were to agree that they knew from the first pitch that Turner was positive not inconclusive, this pales in comparison to any scandal that MLB has faced (color barrier, Black Sox, Pete Rose, mid 80s collusion, steroids, Astros etc) in its history.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

I suspect we will find out soon that MLB has hard rules about what to do with inconclusive test results. 

I do wonder how MLB allowed the game to start without an all clear on its testing. Was this how it always happened this year? They just played and if results were late they crossed their fingers? 

Him celebrating after the game is not a ‘bad look’, it’s completely irresponsible and systematically negligent in the face of a national emergency.

Why criticize anyone who has a major life event celebration (wedding, birthday, graduation), hey, it’s about me. If this creates a ‘super spreader’ event, oh well, I worked to hard for this. I need my recognition.

very selfish, but I feel MLB knew more about this earlier. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Him celebrating after the game is not a ‘bad look’, it’s completely irresponsible and systematically negligent in the face of a national emergency.

Why criticize anyone who has a major life event celebration (wedding, birthday, graduation), hey, it’s about me. If this creates a ‘super spreader’ event, oh well, I worked to hard for this. I need my recognition.

very selfish, but I feel MLB knew more about this earlier. 

Absolutely.  I want to see MLB get hammered for this.  You know how many people have given up their lives in one form or another to this pandemic?  And this dude thinks it’s all about him.  Not even caring about his teammates, their families, his manager who had cancer, etc. Turner should be suspended indefinitely. MLB should be out on the grill the way they should have been after the Houston ordeal. MLB and Turner took a 💩 the face of every person who had to miss out on major things.  I agree that it’s garbage like this that allows for super spreader excuses.  

• Like 1

I’ll just say it if Dodgers knowingly played Turner with covid strip the title. Why?  Because it’s not any better than Houston. Astros cheated and it’s disgusting but Dodgers putting everyone at risk is equally disgusting and reckless.  If MLB knew they should be under heavy investigation and heads should roll.  Multiple protocols at league level and maybe Texas state level were likely broken. 

As for Turner give him a life time ban. He endangered everyone because of his ego.  That’s garbage.  What if his teammate gets sick, or manager, or what if his teammate spreads it to his kids who pass away?  Ban him. 

After having 12 hours to reflect, I was wrong to think Turner deserved to be out there.  I don't know how the MLB bubble worked, but him being positive for the pandemic virus is a good enough reason to refrain from going on the field. 

We watched the celebration and he was not immediately on the field, it seems like he snuck out when they were taking the team photo, he took a photo with him with the trophy and then I think folks saw and told him get back off the field.

Hopefully Dave Roberts is okay... they were right next to each other.

43 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

After having 12 hours to reflect, I was wrong to think Turner deserved to be out there.  I don't know how the MLB bubble worked, but him being positive for the pandemic virus is a good enough reason to refrain from going on the field. 

We watched the celebration and he was not immediately on the field, it seems like he snuck out when they were taking the team photo, he took a photo with him with the trophy and then I think folks saw and told him get back off the field.

Hopefully Dave Roberts is okay... they were right next to each other.

Worse.  Turner was told not to go back out and he said I’m going back out there no matter what.  Then once on the field he refused to leave when told too.  Completely irresponsible, selfish, entitled, lack of regard attitude for everyone but himself.  He jumped to my hated top player real quick.  Here’s players are sitting out or doing everything

to keep others safe while the public has had to miss out on major things like weddings, funerals, holidays, birthdays, etc and this dude thinks it’s all about him.  Guess what we’ve all missed things.  I haven’t seen some friends and family in over half a year or more that I saw every few weeks or month.  I had to cancel trip after trip because Americans can’t go overseas. F him for thinking his better than everyone. 

7 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Worse.  Turner was told not to go back out and he said I’m going back out there no matter what.  Then once on the field he refused to leave when told too.  Completely irresponsible, selfish, entitled, lack of regard attitude for everyone but himself.  He jumped to my hated top player real quick.  Here’s players are sitting out or doing everything

to keep others safe while the public has had to miss out on major things like weddings, funerals, holidays, birthdays, etc and this dude thinks it’s all about him.  Guess what we’ve all missed things.  I haven’t seen some friends and family in over half a year or more that I saw every few weeks or month.  I had to cancel trip after trip because Americans can’t go overseas. F him for thinking his better than everyone. 

Like I said earlier, it's not about Turner, it's about everyone else that isn't a multimillionaire athlete and not getting to enjoy the privileges that they do.  You're not pissed at Turner, you're upset at the sacrifices that you and other people have made and feel like he should do the same.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Like I said earlier, it's not about Turner, it's about everyone else that isn't a multimillionaire athlete and not getting to enjoy the privileges that they do.  You're not pissed at Turner, you're upset at the sacrifices that you and other people have made and feel like he should do the same.

Its absolutely about Turner.  He’s not above everyone else!  If your son played on that team and catches covid and dies because Turner was out there would you say I mean Turner earned it?  The fact that you don’t get it is amazing.  Actually it’s beyond amazing.  It’s delusional.  He broke every freaking mlb protocol for himself.  He put others at risk for himself.  As a player it was a jack *** thing to do.  As a person he’s a POS.  Even if it wasn’t against MLB rules you’d have to be a complete jack off to go into a crowd of people with COVID let alone maskless.  How in the HE bloody ****ing hockey sticks do you not get that? It’s mind numbing.  How do you not understand putting your teammates, your manager, MLB officials, their families, etc in danger just so you can walk on the field?  No less go maskless?  Just how? 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Shouldn't he do the same?  Rich athletes are exempt from quarantine after a positive test and confirmation?  

• Thanks 1