Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

15 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I’m confused as well. 

Maybe Hyde has marching orders for his pitch count from above? 

Weird. 

It makes perfect sense to me.  He was pitching on 3 days rest after pitching in relief earlier in the week. And it's the first week of the season, surely he's not stretched out enough to go 100-120 pitches in his first start.  

3 hours ago, Bang said:

Nice start...  be nice if it stays hot.

Speaking of hot,, Adam Jones is cranking out homers in 'zona.

Chris Davis on the other hand is on a blistering pace to go 0-fer 2019

Gonna be sore about this for a while i think.

~Bang

This one bugs me too. I always thought Jones was the best guy to teach the young guys, not Davis. But that stupid contract ruined that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Villar RBI triple! No one out. And Mancini brings him home with a single! 2-0.

Did you or anyone else catch Thorne roasting Galvis for his oven mitt the previous inning? A was dying laughing. I didn’t know Gary had any funny left in him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Did you or anyone else catch Thorne roasting Galvis for his oven mitt the previous inning? A was dying laughing. I didn’t know Gary had any funny left in him.

Haha nah missed that. I've been switching around to a couple other games.

Best I've seen Cashner pitch in a long time, maybe ever. Hitting all his spots.

13 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Haha nah missed that. I've been switching around to a couple other games.

Best I've seen Cashner pitch in a long time, maybe ever. Hitting all his spots.

He's doing it again right now. Saying it won't be long before sponsorship from the Food Network will be on it. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Redskin4ever said:

He's doing it again right now. Saying it won't be long before sponsorship from the Food Network will be on it. 

Was just about to post that haha. Talking about putting logos on there. And the big #1 fan finger.

Nice scoop Davis!

Another W! I love watching this team man.

Castro with the save. 4th different pitcher with a save this year.

Honestly the Blue Jays look horrible. Literally no one in their lineup scares me. I think the O's can finish with a better record than them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Had an RBI walk against NY! 

Had a sick pick late in the game last night to save a run in a close game. Baby steps. 

I saw that play. I don’t think his defense has ever been questioned. He still plays great defense at 1st. But even Billy Ripken could hit over .200.

This start has surpassed any expectations so far.  Gotta keep reminding myself that it's WAY early, but to see them come out and play aggressive and exciting ball has been a treat.  These guys might be no-namers and Hyde is a rookie but this is a breath of fresh air that was needed for sure.

• Like 1

Just enjoying the ride so far.  I figure it has to come to a stop at some point but who knows.

Maybe we should start a pool for when Davis actually gets his first hit this year.  He could set a new all-time futility mark this year.  Totally looks lost again/still/continually...

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Are the guys up and down this lineup promising prospects who we hope develop into something special or is this team seeded with AAAA place-holders who are just playing far above their expected aptitude? 

The two most promising that are in the lineup consistently are Cedric Mullins and Dwight Smith Jr. And Mancini of course. Nunez shows some promise but I don't see him sticking around more than a year or two.

There are a few "placeholders" like Rio Ruiz and Richie Martin. I don't think anyone realistically expects them to be here long-term. Rickard is a fringe roster guy. I suppose you could add Sucre and Severino to that list, although I really like how Sucre has handled the pitching staff.

Just now, abdcskins said:

The two most promising that are in the lineup consistently are Cedric Mullins and Dwight Smith Jr. And Mancini of course. Nunez shows some promise but I don't see him sticking around more than a year or two.

There are a few "placeholders" like Rio Ruiz and Richie Martin. I don't think anyone realistically expects them to be here long-term. Rickard is a fringe roster guy. I suppose you could add Sucre and Severino to that list, although I really like how Sucre has handled the pitching staff.

First of all, thank you! With all the transactions, I lost track of who to pin my hopes to vs. who was just here to keep a spot warm. Even if the team was made up completely of legitimate hopefuls, the level of play is unsustainable. 

In the end, I'll tune in when I do to watch a young and aggressive team take form. Even if it seems that 5-6 of the everyday starters will evolve in the coming years.