Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

28 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Makes you wonder, since we haven't released ANYBODY.  

I do wonder if Zach Brown is going to be retained because of the Rob Ryan connection.  Ryan was his DC in Buffalo during his career year, so it's possible Ryan is standing on the table a bit to keep him around.  

I was wondering the same thing.  I'm sure Ryan will want to retain him bc he has seen firsthand what he can do.  The key is whether ZB wants to be here or not.  I know he said some negative things in the press last year, and we need to get rid of the malcontents who aren't buying in.  

1 minute ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Me neither! Sign me up for Mosley though. Would prefer not to give elite money to an in the box safety but Mosley paired with Foster? Good god.

Of the guys linked Mosley would be my guy too.  Though like Collins his weaknesses according to some is pass defense.   But in a division with Elliot and Barkley, IMO you want a monster run stopper at MLB.   The Eagles rumored to be interested in him too among other teams. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Of all the players linked to them, Mosley would be my favorite,  In this division you need a beast who can stop the run and that dude is an animal.

He also fits the Skins M.O. of going after Alabama guys, haha!  But, seriously, I'm with ya'.  He'd be a great addition!

My Free Agent Wish-List.  Assumptions:  Front Office can restructure contracts to allow this to happen:

1.  Landon Collins.  Put him with Montae and Deshazor we are set, IMO

2.  Moseley.  Significantly improves the LB core.

3.  With the above two, most likely can't afford Tyrell Williams, but i'm OK with that.

4.  Sign Rashod Ross again.  

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Mosley and Foster side by side makes alot of sense. Both athletic LB's. Add them to Payne and Allen and we might win the National Championship :)

Agree. On twitter there is talk he gets 10 million plus a year if so I am skeptical that we land him.  but will see.  Like I said, of the players they are linked to he's my favorite.  Collins would be #2.  I don't see Collins as a pure box safety.  To me he's similar to Swearinger better in the box but not that bad in coverage -- the dude had 5 INTs a couple of years back.  Mosley and Collins are both tone setters-leader types, too.  Plus in a division with Barkley and Elliot, I don't mind a monster run stuffing SS type.  Though Mosley would be my preference among the 2.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Any word on Nsekhe? I think he should be a priority resign for us this off season. They guy has saved the OL over the past two seasons with all of the injuries.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Any word on Nsekhe? I think he should be a priority resign for us this off season. They guy has saved the OL over the past two seasons with all of the injuries.

Saved our offensive line from what? They got two QB's knocked out for the season and we went from 6-3 to out of the playoffs....

Just kidding, I get your point that he helped out but we'd be fine without him if he left....in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That gets us a 3rd round compensatory pick.  Higher than what he was drafted for.  He was a 2nd round pick. It would also offset the comp. pick IF we signed Mosley. :)

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  I like Collins a lot but Mosley could give the Redskins a dose of what Dallas had last year a really good D line AND a monster MLB.  Dallas' defense to me is easily better than the Redskins -- and I think for one main reason and that is Dallas has that monster wrecking crew at MLB.  

maybe that's why no Zach Brown release yet, trying to trade him?

All of a sudden “Madden trade” jokes are no longer appropriate.

New rules being established and areas for teams to be trailblazers in finding value. 

5 minutes ago, wit33 said:

All of a sudden “Madden trade” jokes are no longer appropriate.

New rules being established and areas for teams to be trailblazers in finding value. 

Giants did well IMO with one of those trades, lots of talk they'd have to release Vernon for cap reasons -- instead that parlayed him into a pro bowl guard.  As much as some of us goofed on their O line, they might now have the best OG tandem in the league.

I got no problem with them trading anyone especially for picks, will see though. 

Archived