Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

I would at least like to hear of us extended Scherff and or restructuring some heave contracts like Norman and Reed.  

If we cut somebody we don't get a comp pick right?  So we just don't sign them and hope someone signs them elsewhere for a big stack of $$ and we'll get a comp pick?

If that is they case, maybe that is why we aren't cutting people right now because A. We don't need the money yet (not until a signing is shipped to NFL offices) and B. We want comp picks for anyone that leaves in free agency?

if its not the case,  then i'll just pour myself a drink.  :)

6 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I would at least like to hear of us extended Scherff and or restructuring some heave contracts like Norman and Reed.  

If we cut somebody we don't get a comp pick right?  So we just don't sign them and hope someone signs them elsewhere for a big stack of $$ and we'll get a comp pick?

If that is they case, maybe that is why we aren't cutting people right now because A. We don't need the money yet (not until a signing is shipped to NFL offices) and B. We want comp picks for anyone that leaves in free agency?

if its not the case,  then i'll just pour myself a drink.  :)

Players who were cut are not factored into the comp pick formula.  Only players whose contract expired and sign with a new team.

Breer, Schefer and Laconfora said the Redskins were in the mix. And Schefter and Breer in particular rarely get things wrong so I presume there is something to this. 

They seeking star power this time?  With rare exceptions, Bruce likes to scrape through the 3rd tier FAs, sometimes 2nd tier, very rare to go 1st tier.   Hyperbole on my end to make a point but it seems like Bruce's rep would be something like calling Landon Collins agent, the agent says they want 9 million a year, Bruce goes how about 5?  Agent goes nope.  Bruce says too rich for my blood, get me JJ Wilcox's agent's number I bet we can get that dude for 1.5 million a year.

The difference this time might be Dan feeling nervous about declining ticket sales and TV ratings and he probably gets they aren't turning that around by selling the Case Keenum trade.  Should be interesting to see if this pushes them out of their typical comfort zone in FA. 

I am glad we didnt bring that cancer into our locker room in all honesty. AB is a beast. There is no disputing that. But how do you think he is going to be acting when Carr overthrows his constantly?

On 3/9/2019 at 12:29 PM, Morrissey1972 said:

I’m always surprised by the folks who continue to be impressed by Kerrigans stats. Anyone who’s been to a Redskins training camp over the last four years knows that Kerrigan is easily the slowest and most hobbled man on defense. 

I love Kerrigans professionalism and he’s been a great ambassador for this team but he’s now making his living off the talent that’s around him, instead of his own. 

What?????

tenor.gif

Granted its Rapoport saying this but he went that Jax are likely in on Peterson and don't could Peterson to be slam dunk coming back to the Redskins even though the Redskins want him back.

After hearing that I am trying to recall the last FA we had on the market which we retained in any type of bidding war?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

After hearing that I am trying to recall the last FA we had on the market which we retained in any type of bidding war?

Zach brown comes to mind, though I'm not sure that would be considered a bidding war.  He did enter the free agency period unsigned.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Zach brown comes to mind, though I'm not sure that would be considered a bidding war.  He did enter the free agency period unsigned.

Was talking about one of our own players though.  And maybe am forgetting someone?   I presume almost every time they've signed a guy from another team, there was interest from another club but on that front its rarely been for front line type of players so I presume the competition wasn't fierce. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was talking about one of our own players though.  And maybe am forgetting someone?   I presume almost every time they've signed a guy from another team, there was interest from another club but on that front its rarely been for front line type of players so I presume the competition wasn't fierce. 

I think we tend to resign guys that we really want before they hit the market. And we are cheap. Peterson did well here and could co-exist with Guice. I think the smart business decision would be to stay, even if it's for a little less money. I don't see us cutting him anytime soon and we will definitely be running the ball. 

Preston Smith on the other hand. I think letting him hit the market means that we will be replacing him. Honestly, I think Ryan ANderson could give us everything Preston did. I want a speed rusher on that side, but would play Ryan Anderson before I would pay Preston Smith. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was referring to his re-signing last off-season, and he was one of our own. But I agree with your sentiment, I think it's a combination of the Redskins being cost conscious/cheap in recent years, along with the fact that if the money is in the same ballpark, I'm sure the other destination involved is more desirable than playing for our franchise given our recent history, so the skins lose out on the player.

1 hour ago, Whiskeypeet said:

Notwithstanding the salary cap limitations, does Bell make any sense for this team?  I suppose a two-headed monster with Guice is possible but seems like a poor allocation of resources to me.

I do agree, simply putting the random thought out there.

Gruden loves CT25, so do I, but I guess he's never fit. Could always trade CT25, save some cap now and future cash before he becomes a FA, then sign Bell. 

Never gonna happen, dare say it doesn't make too much sense, but playemakers are only any good when they are playing. Same applies to Reed.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I was referring to his re-signing last off-season, and he was one of our own. But I agree with your sentiment, I think it's a combination of the Redskins being cost conscious/cheap in recent years, along with the fact that if the money is in the same ballpark, I'm sure the other destination involved is more desirable than playing for our franchise given our recent history, so the skins lose out on the player.

You are right, forgot about that one.  Thanks.  Thought you were referring to the year before where the Raiders and Dolphins were in on trying to sign him. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rapoport just said (granted the source is questionable) he thinks the Redskins are in on Landon Collins. 

Even I know that in England :D

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Luke Stocker from the Titans would be my target. Best blocking TE available.

2 hours ago, markmills67 said:

So what's Antonio Brown up to these days, anybody on here any idea's?. 

HTTR 

haha calm down man. This is like Hankins all over.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I do agree, simply putting the random thought out there.

Gruden loves CT25, so do I, but I guess he's never fit. Could always trade CT25, save some cap now and future cash before he becomes a FA, then sign Bell. 

Never gonna happen, dare say it doesn't make too much sense, but playemakers are only any good when they are playing. Same applies to Reed.

If you can afford him, he makes sense. Bell is a great receiver. CT is good when healthy, so...never. We can't keep going forward relying on CT25 and Reed. I'd get rid of both and get in anyone that might stay healthy. Or keep CT25, since he is not that expensive, but expect nothing from him and take nothing for granted. Sign FA's and draft as if CT25 isn't here. 

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Peterson did well here and could co-exist with Guice. I think the smart business decision would be to stay, even if it's for a little less money. I don't see us cutting him anytime soon and we will definitely be running the ball. 

I agree, I think playing time is at the top of his priority list, even ahead of winning a ring.  He was unhappy in New Orleans on a very good team bc he wasn't getting the rock.  I think he wants to climb the all time rushing list, and the Redskins have a lot of carries to offer.  Considering the injury to DG, I feel AP would get the ball more than guice in 2019.  And considering the fact that Peterson has made a lot of money in this league already, I don't think it's a case of him holding out for the top dollar.  I wonder if the fact that he has not re-signed with us yet is because we are low-balling him, expecting him to come back eventually.  

I hope we are able to reach a deal with Peterson. He was an easy guy to root for this year. He always had a positive attitude, he worked hard, and there were weeks where he carried that offense.  He is a leader, and with all the issues we seem to have in our locker room year after year, that leadership is so vital to our teams culture.

Archived