Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'm not sure how to take your response...:ols:

i was saying that the Diggs talk makes me think we could be trading Scherff, which kinda had me worried. Don't want to lose him. 

Are we agreeing :806:

If we had to give up Scherff to get Diggs I would be ok with it because its one of the toughest positions in football to draft or find in free agency, of course, it leaves a big hole in our O line but a tier 1 WR to me would be worth trading Scherff.

Other than that scenario I wouldn't trade him but I wonder why he hasn't been signed, the market has been set and the deal should have been in place even before that so why haven't we heard anything about him being close to signing or just something that lets us know they are communicating and its just about crossing T's and dotting I's, it worries me and makes me think something is going on. 

1 minute ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Dude that is the most crass crap I have ever seen on this borad

We all share a common distaste for the owner but to paint him to be some kind of archcriminal is just wrong.

Lol he's the one doing it, right under your nose.  Not me.

Hello, target market.  

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I care.  He's insulting all of our intelligence.  He's making marketing moves over football moves.  He's ignoring what all of us really want, a winning team, in favor of money.

It pisses me off to no end.  I love this team but it's never been more clear to me what a POS this guy is.

Again, click the link to doll.  Think about how empty the stadium was last year.  Then tell me 2+2 doesn't equal 4.

no, he's making marketing moves and football moves.  Which again is his job as the owner

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

If we had to give up Scherff to get Diggs I would be ok with it because its one of the toughest positions in football to draft or find in free agency, of course, it leaves a big hole in our O line but a tier 1 WR to me would be worth trading Scherff.

Other than that scenario I wouldn't trade him but I wonder why he hasn't been signed, the market has been set and the deal should have been in place even before that so why haven't we heard anything about him being close to signing or just something that lets us know they are communicating and its just about crossing T's and dotting I's, it worries me and makes me think something is going on. 

I agree. 

The Vikes are strapped on cap space though, Thielen wants a LTD, so there's is only so much cap they can take on, Scherff, Norman etc 

4 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Dude that is the most crass crap I have ever seen on this borad

We all share a common distaste for the owner but to paint him to be some kind of archcriminal is just wrong.

So what's the explanation for that crappy doll?  Go ahead, I'll hang up and listen.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I agree. 

The Vikes are strapped on cap space though, Thielen wants a LTD, so there's is only so much cap they can take on, Scherff, Norman etc 

The Vikings are about $4M away from having enough space to just manage their draft.

You like that?

Guys I'm in marketing.  I can spot this stuff a mile away.  Sorry to be the one to break the news but it's painfully obvious to someone used to thinking about from that angle.

Collins salary is $14m minus whatever he generates in Taylor related sales.

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What if he doesnt want to sign here... which would actually make moving him to Minn and getting a no. 1 WR on a 5 year deal in trade a decent move.  

Purely just playing devils advocate of course. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I agree. 

That's what's scaring me. When Guice tweeted he can have his locker, my heart dropped...

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

Guys I'm in marketing.  I can spot this stuff a mile away.  Sorry to be the one to break the news but it's painfully obvious to someone used to thinking about from that angle.

Great day, keep it coming...

We're gonna trade for Diggs and we get to school a troll. :bye:

25 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm curious if anyone has ever heard Scherff say he loves DC and wants to be a lifelong Redskin, I always heard that from Trent but haven't heard it from Scherff.

It could have happened, I miss content all the time which is why I come here but I'm starting to get worried about this Scherff resigning.

I was thinking if the rumor was real they would want Scherff, we know where they lack talent and its that horrible O line.

My conspiracy theory is that Bruce Allen wants to eliminate as much of the 2015/16 draft as he  can.  Scherff is the only guy left from that draft (though only Preston Smith and Crowder were contributors). It'll be hard but if we can trade him and get Diggs (a guy SM missed in 2015), Bruce is going to be so happy.  He is probably tickled that Doctson looks like a bust so will probably be easy to get rid of.  Ioannidas will prove to be a tough nut but he will probably be a guy "we'd love to keep but can't fit him in under the cap".

4 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

My conspiracy theory is that Bruce Allen wants to eliminate as much of the 2015/16 draft as he  can.  Scherff is the only guy left from that draft (though only Preston Smith and Crowder were contributors). It'll be hard but if we can trade him and get Diggs (a guy SM missed in 2015), Bruce is going to be so happy.  He is probably tickled that Doctson looks like a bust so will probably be easy to get rid of.  Ioannidas will prove to be a tough nut but he will probably be a guy "we'd love to keep but can't fit him in under the cap".

If you were gonna trade Scheriff, wouldn't it make sense to re-sign him up first? So that his salary looked even more appealing to the new team??

20 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I am thinking the delay on his contact reup might be because of his injury. Maybe they are waiting to see bow it heals. I have said it before in other posts, that is the worst possible injury for that position as it can be so easily reinjured. I would hate to lose him though. Rather give up our first for SD but maybe that wouldn't be enough.

11 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

marketing when used to acquire a good player is a GOOD thing

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

Is this just rumours about Diggs or could it be happening, I don't want to give up Scherff for him though. I would gladly give up Norman or Reed and a 2nd though. 

HTTR 

I don't think we can afford to give up any early picks. We need at least 1 G now, and Scheriif would make that need be TWO starting G's. ...and a QB (3rd?)  I seriously think all of our picks are already spoken for. Not for BPA, but need

Just now, bowhunter said:

If you were gonna trade Scheriff, wouldn't it make sense to re-sign him up first? So that his salary looked even more appealing to the new team??

that depends on him... Hypothetically, if he's refusing to sign an extension with us, he'd have to be in negotiations with the team we'd be trading him to.... which if you want to connect the dots would make a lot of sense why this is still hush hush.  The same way Smith was traded here and Fuller didnt even know he was the piece going the other direction.  Meanwhile we were negotiating an extension with Smith. 

Minn probably wouldn't want us to be the one negotiating the deal, because they would want their terms, their control.... I also don't think they consider this without knowing he's going to be locked up for another contract. 

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Yep, looks like it'll be the greek if there is a trade.  Scherff ends up as the guy the cap won't let us keep (BA has already laid that groundwork). Another thing, we did not go hard after Morse.  I'm sure had SM not been brought in, we'd have gone with Williams/Morse as opposed to Scherff/Smith.

Im sorry, but the idea that a pro-bowl OG is worth less than a WR is laughable at best.  Theres not a single SB winning team in the history on the NFL that built their team on their WR core.  The Patriots have won without receivers for the better part of the past decade.  But the one thing they always have, as any good team, is strong lines on both sides of the ball.

Its crazy what the offseason does to some otherwise fine people...

Archived