Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2020 The Non Presidential Edition

Cooked Crack

This is a happy -sad situation. I'm happy there's an effort for vote by mail for every voter in Texas. I'm sad that Republicans will try their hardest to defeat this effort by threatening jail.

Since I am over 65 years old, I sent in my application for vote by mail and should receive a ballot for the runoffs in May.

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I wish those people would spend their money on more competitive races. Graham is most likely going to win. Only way he might lose is if they find pictures of him with underage boys.

I could be wrong, but I've heard less turdishness from Lindsey the last month or so. He's even been critical of Trump. At least it appears that way anyway. I'm thinking he sees the poll numbers and becoming more like his former self. He's playing the game.

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I wish those people would spend their money on more competitive races. Graham is most likely going to win. Only way he might lose is if they find pictures of him with underage boys.

And really, would he even lose in that case?

24 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I disagree.

The close poll is from a D firm. I'm less likely to put faith in it than the one that had Graham +17. I hope Lindsey loses but that seat is Safe R unless something changes

17 minutes ago, Hersh said:

And really, would he even lose in that case?

That's why I went with might. White people would come out to vote for Trump and there's no way they'd vote for the Democrat.

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The close poll is from a D firm. I'm less likely to put faith in it than the one that had Graham +17. I hope Lindsey loses but that seat is Safe R unless something changes

Who has him up by +17?

There are multiple articles about how vulnerable Lindsey is, and there still plenty of time for this.  Collins is basically behind the 8 ball, he argue we should go all in on these senate races to take the senate back. 

I won't support just giving up Doug Jones seat just because he "wasn't supposed to get it in the first place", for example.

I think Harrison could seriously depress Graham’s republican support by hitting the airwaves hard with ads that repeat all the negative things Graham said about Trump in 2016. Graham repeatedly crushed Trump in no uncertain terms. That, combined with nearly certain record Dem turnout to vote against Trump (barring virus weirdness) will give him a decent shot. 

12 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Anything can happen in a wildly depressed economy. Hard partisan lines will break very fluidly when bread lines are a thing and a moronic billionaire is telling you how amazing he is and how unfair everyone is to him.

Agree, but I don’t think SC is only in play in a bread lines situation. 

Democrats’ momentum puts Senate majority in play

recropped-senate-map.png

Republicans started this election cycle as heavy favorites to keep their Senate majority, with a lineup of elections mostly in red-tinted states and GOP incumbents favored over a slate of relatively unknown and untested challengers.

Now, nearly six months out from the election, Democrats are making them sweat.

Republicans are still more likely than not to maintain control, but Democrats strengthened their hand with a slate of challengers raising massive sums of money in races that represent the heart of the battle for the majority, putting control of the Senate within reach. Republicans remain modest favorites to keep the Senate, with incumbents holding cash advantages in most competitive races and several offensive targets potentially cushioning their majority.

But GOP leaders are bracing for a slog. Steven Law, president of the super PAC Senate Leadership Fund and a top ally to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, said in a recent interview there is a sense among donors and allies that it could be a “challenging election from top to bottom.”

“The sense is that, no matter what else happens, we've got to hold the Senate majority. And it's not a given,” Law said. “There's just a broad front to defend, and it's going to take a lot of resources and a lot of hard work to do it.”

Republicans currently hold a 53-47 majority, and Democrats would need to net three seats to win control of the chamber if they also win the White House — or four seats if Donald Trump wins reelection. The Senate map this year features far more Republican seats, but the vast majority are in states Trump won easily in 2016. Democrats are targeting only two states he lost four years ago, the same number of Trump-state Democratic incumbents up this year.

The most important states remain Arizona, Colorado, North Carolina and Maine, four races in which Democratic challengers outraised incumbent GOP senators in the first quarter of this year. These contests underscore just how costly the battle for the Senate will be: Super PACs in both parties have already reserved nearly $130 million for TV ads in these states, plus an emerging battleground in Iowa, to lay the foundation for the fall campaign.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived