Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

47 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:
Rendon article

The full quote isn't as bad as the headline and sounds like we could get it done if we wanted to... sounds like there's been enough talk that it could be done as soon as the Lerners want it to be.  

"I mean, the opportunity has been there for five, six years now," Rendon noted. "And, still open to it, still all ears, but the closer we get to that opportunity, it makes more sense as a player to think about my family and all these other variables that come into play. Why not look forward to it?"

"Is there even a number they can come to you with where you would agree?" Paulsen asked. "It takes two to dance right now."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. For sure. I think there is a number," said Rendon. "And we've discussed that, and there's also some contingencies into the contract that need to happen. And they know what that is, and we've expressed our concerns on what those things are, and if they can make that happen, then I think they'll be good to go." 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why pitch to Freddie Freeman?  Like, ever. 

Half of Freeman's numbers goes to his good hitting ability.

The other half is our sheer stupidity continuing to pitch to him... 

I mean how many times can you poke the bear still be surprised when he mauls you.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

If it comes to it, who are you more willing to part with: Kieboom or Garcia?

More of a hypothetical because i'm anticipating conservative moves that leave me disappointed but wont require either of those two

Garcia by far. Projects to be a decent hitter but I don't think he'll ever be a power guy. He's also only 19, and a lot can go wrong in his development.

Kieboom is a much more advanced prospect at this point with a ton of pop, and has demonstrated success at AAA already at age 21. 

50 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I bet he grabs his balls and glares at the hitter every time he throws a strike.  :ols:

Ha that's what I was thinking. Picturing some crazy stance like Kimbrel with him really animated. I hope that happens one day. Just not this year.