Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

More information

- Nats Plus members get priority access based on tenure

https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/status/1371652683447291905

Nationals just released more guidelines of reopening Nationals Park. Among them (thread):

• Guests will be able to purchase tickets in pods of 1-6 people and suites will be opened at reduced capacities.

• The Nationals will not be offering hard tickets during the 2021 season.

• All tickets will include a color-coded gate assignment. When fans arrive at and leave Nationals Park, they must enter and exit through their assigned gate.

• No cash will be accepted for food or beverage purchases, parking, or at team store locations.

• Hundreds of hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the ballpark.

• Face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth are required at the ballpark at all times for fans two years of age or older. Exceptions are when eating or drinking.

https://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2021/03/dc-approves-5000-fans-at-nationals-park-to-begin-season.html

Opening night will represent the first time fans have watched a game at Nationals Park since Game 5 of the 2019 World Series.

“To me, it seems obvious we can have fans,” likely opening night starter Max Scherzer said Monday afternoon, before the announcement was official. “If we can have indoor dining, I think we can have fans in an outdoor stadium. We have Dr. Fauci advocating for 25-30 percent fans in the stands. That’s where, like I’ve said, I’ll follow the experts. And that’s what you’re doing across the league. Everyone for the most part is trying to follow that 25-30 percent to start the season, and that’s going to be great. We definitely want to see as many Nats fans out there as we safely can. That seems to be probably the most pragmatic way to go about it.”

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

A whole 5000? Wow. You can at least double or triple that number and still have a safe distance.

Yeah, at 40K capacity, 10-15K sounds like a pretty reasonable number.  Hopefully the capacity cap gets increased soon as more of the general public gets vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Probably smart to start small and go from there.  5000 in seats would be easily spread out, maybe not so much out in the concourses and entrances/exits before and after the game. 

My thoughts too. They aren't just taking seating into consideration. When people get up to go to the bathroom or get concessions, it could be a mess with more than that.

• Like 1

I'll never forget Grant questioning why Rendon bat where he did in the batting order and Dusty Baker educating him in public. Then Grant cried about why nobody was giving him respect. Because you publicly tried to call out a MLB manager and got owned.

If Grant and Danny left I wouldn't complain at all. 1067 with Junkies (tolerable), JP and Mitch middays and Kolko afternoons would be good

Kolko has a busy schedule though esp on game days

• Haha 1