Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I'll never forget Grant questioning why Rendon bat where he did in the batting order and Dusty Baker educating him in public. Then Grant cried about why nobody was giving him respect. Because you publicly tried to call out a MLB manager and got owned.

Grant seems like the fat kid that would hang around the stereotypical jocks in HS and get shoved in lockers.

I remember that--Loverro RIPPED him for it. Straight up called him unprofessional. I actually called in and demonstrated why it was a pointless debate because the minimal difference it makes over the course of the year. I got hung up on.

• Haha 1

Anyway back on normal topic I got an email today from the Nats saying that all the SPH would be able to choose their seats next week for the April games. Maybe more seats get opened up soon but right now it is just for STH. It sounds like you would be able to sell the tickets to people too, I need to figure out what's going on there.

17 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Grant seems like the fat kid that would hang around the stereotypical jocks in HS and get shoved in lockers.

I remember that--Loverro RIPPED him for it. Straight up called him unprofessional. I actually called in and demonstrated why it was a pointless debate because the minimal difference it makes over the course of the year. I got hung up on.

Yeah, lineup optimization is an okay topic to share thoughts and full time.  But its effect throughout the season is so minimal. I’m glad they actually talk baseball on the radio, but that period of time was so cringeworthy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yeah, lineup optimization is an okay topic to share thoughts and full time.  But its effect throughout the season is so minimal. I’m glad they actually talk baseball on the radio, but that period of time was so cringeworthy.

Yes, I'm glad they talk baseball. But they are not smart discussions, mostly, they're I-read-fangraphs-and-think-I'm-smart arrogant, the number of times those clowns have said "You can think that, I'll just go on being right" is awful. Danny Rouhier is an idiot.

Edited by Riggo#44

46 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Great article on Robles, arguably our most important position player not named Soto or Turner: https://theathletic.com/2444651/2021/03/17/nationals-victor-robles-tried-to-become-a-player-he-was-not-now-hes-found-himself-again/

I still remember when Robles was THE Five-Tool, Can't-Miss Kid and Juan Soto was just another promising guy. 

It feels like the team's offensive success this season will be predicated on how well Robles does as a lead-off batter.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I still remember when Robles was THE Five-Tool, Can't-Miss Kid and Juan Soto was just another promising guy. 

It feels like the team's offensive success this season will be predicated on how well Robles does as a lead-off batter.

Robles in the leadoff, and Bell hitting 30-35 homers.

Nats "Guaranteed to be better," from MLB, but not exactly a glowing endorsement.

2020 Record: 26-34 (.433)
2021 Equivalent: 70-92

The Nationals have Juan Soto, so right there the idea that they’d go 70-92 with him in the lineup -- not to mention Max Scherzer, Trea Turner and Stephen Strasburg on the roster -- is a little bit silly. The Nationals are coming up on a bit of a transitional period, with some young stars, some hopeful prospects who haven’t shown much yet and a few older stars who have some gas left in the tank -- but maybe only some. If they somehow fall below 70 wins, we could see a rebuilding phase here pretty soon. It’s more likely they bob around .500 all year and don’t provide any clear answers. But 70 wins would seem extremely unlikely.

I ended up getting 3 tickets. Saturday, Wednesday and another Wednesday.

Opening Day sold out so fast largely because full season planholders snatched them up and put them on stubhub for 300 dollars

At first it's pretty irritating that someone would do that **** leaving the rest of us who actually want to go out in the cold, but whatever. Baseball is back and we can attend games responsibly again. I am just glad to be back

On 3/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, CRobi21 said:

Leesh on Kieboom getting shorter and shorter. Struggles with the bat has continued this spring. Castro starting today's game at 3B, with Garcia at 2B. Davey starting to explore other options.

To be fair, Keiboom is only 23 & Juan Soto is only batting .182 this spring.

Does Carter Keiboom ever live up to his potential? He's still only 23, but nothing seems to click for him at the major league level.  And yet the contrast between his performance in the majors and the minors is stark.  I hope he's not destined to have a "AAAA" career.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Does Carter Keiboom ever live up to his potential? He's still only 23, but nothing seems to click for him at the major league level.  And yet the contrast between his performance in the majors and the minors is stark.  I hope he's not destined to have a "AAAA" career.

I'm becoming less confident. He seems like one of Rizzo's rare whiffs.