Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Scherzer was not sharp tonight. I think this is going to be a blah season--if it gets completed. Just feels so weird with the empty stands.

Just be mediocre and not terrible and you can make the playoffs this year. Go into September fresh and who knows

• Like 2

Robles

Eaton

Turner 

Soto

Howie

Thames

Cabrera

Kieboom

Castro

I understand Robles has struck out a lot and Turner has been great for us in the leadoff spot but we have a glaring hole at the #3 spot and Castro ain’t it.  Turner is the natural replacement for Rendon’s spot in the lineup.  

• Like 2

Just now, stoshuaj said:

Fire Davey!!!.......

I keed, I keeeeeeed

Hey, it worked last year.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Just be mediocre and not terrible and you can make the playoffs this year. Go into September fresh and who knows

I wasn't referring to just the Nats--just overall. It's equivalent of having to listen to ARod for every game.

• Like 1

Ya even though our ABs were completely pathetic tonight, can't be too mad about losing against the best team in the league with Cole. Especially without our best hitter and trying to figure out how to fill Ant's spot. We'll figure it out. Pitching is still too stacked to not have a good season

• Like 1

I was excited to get the game back--and maybe it was the result, maybe it was listening to Arod's horrible, nasal droning, but it was weird without the fans there. I just feel like this is going to be really hard to get into this year.

• Like 1

So, what are the rain delay changes for this weird season? I didn’t follow what the commentator was saying

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was excited to get the game back--and maybe it was the result, maybe it was listening to Arod's horrible, nasal droning, but it was weird without the fans there. I just feel like this is going to be really hard to get into this year.

Yeah. It’s really weird. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, what are the rain delay changes for this weird season? I didn’t follow what the commentator was saying

Pick up where they left off. Last year, Games under 2 innings restart.

Edited by ClaytoAli

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. It’s really weird. 

If I understand right, normal rain delay rules apply.   However, if the game gets called they won't try to replay at a later date.   

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Scherzer was not sharp tonight. I think this is going to be a blah season--if it gets completed. Just feels so weird with the empty stands.

I think you’re going to see a lot of starters struggle early.  Not all, but a lot. They are finicky under the best of circumstances and their whole preparation routine was thrown completely out of whack.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think you’re going to see a lot of starters struggle early.  Not all, but a lot. They are finicky under the best of circumstances and their whole preparation routine was thrown completely out of whack.

It seemed like we hit a lot of balls hard, at people. It was hard to tell with ESPNs ****ty coverage. It's going to be a weird season...