Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, -JB- said:

Just reminds me of 96 when the Braves went up 2-0 in NY and then as soon as they went back to Atlanta the Yankees had all the mojo and just dominated and had all the magic.  

The other thing about that series is the Yankees were the better team.  Sure they lost a couple games, but that was a stacked, veteran team who just stuck with it and pulled away...

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

doubt it will be 4-2, Nats should win at least one of game 5 and 6. But heck if I know how we’re expected to put together a W in game 7. 

Same way the Astros are doing it now. Hitting the hell out of the ball. 

I agree that the Nats probably won't get swept the rest of the way. Wouldn't be quite the same heartbreak if it didn't go 7.

2 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Nah bro, this is on Martinez.

? 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The other thing about that series is the Yankees were the better team.  Sure they lost a couple games, but that was a stacked, veteran team who just stuck with it and pulled away...

And to me the Astros are the better team. I thought we were lucky to win 2 in Houston. And I certainly didnt expect us to lay an egg at home for 13 innings after what we did there. This sucks. Period.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

And to me the Astros are the better team. I thought we were lucky to win 2 in Houston. And I certainly didnt expect us to lay an egg at home for 13 innings after what we did there. This sucks. Period.

The Astros are the better team.  They stole 2 in Houston, and had a fantastic opportunity to steal the series but have just come up small at home.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

They should've stayed more focused coming back to DC instead of relaxed with a 2-0 lead.  Offense is DEAD.  They're the ones needing a team meeting right now.  Hopefully they get it together tomorrow night.

We have no idea how they were feeling, all we know is how they're playing now. 

I don't know who to blame this on because I'm not behind closed doors. 

• Like 2

I'm gonna remain optimistic because I got nothing else at this point.  I will say this.  Lots of game remaining in this one.  And even if we lose in the worst case scenario, we have Max and Stras going and if anything can right the ship, it's those two.  Even if we lose tonight, a win from either Max or Stras gets us to game 7.

Cards series and first two games spoiled us.  It's a slugfest and it was always gonna be a slugfest.  Houston didn't fold up and go home and we're not going to either.

• Like 1