Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 7/10/2019 at 11:12 PM, skinfan2k said:

Davey being a big league manager.  The pitching lineups for the next 3 weeks is amazing. We got the big 3 going x2 in both ATL and Philles series. 

Lined up perfectly coming out of the break for our division and the wild card series against the Rockies and DBacks. The only NL series we have the bottom half of our rotation lined up for is LAD and that won't matter at all head to head. 

Philly- Stras 

Philly- Corbin 

Philly- Scherzer

O's- Sanchez

O's- Voth/Fedde

Braves- Stras 

Braves- Corbin 

Braves- Scherzer

Braves- Sanchez

Rockies- Voth/Fedde

Rockies- Stras 

Rockies- Corbin 

Rockies- Scherzer

Dodgers- Sanchez

Dodgers- Voth/Fedde

Dodgers- Stras 

Braves - Corbin 

Braves- Scherzer

Braves- Sanchez

DBacks- Voth/Fedde

DBacks- Stras 

DBacks- Corbin 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

Just now, skinfan2k said:

It's vital we need to take 3 out of 4 in that four game series.

Winning 4-game series is difficult against bad teams--let alone good ones. If we split the 4 gamer, and win the two three gamers, we pick up 2 games. Assuming we don't **** the bed otherwise, that puts us at a reasonable 4-game deficit with 60-ish games to go.

I'd love to curb stomp them and win 8 or 9 of the next 10 against them, but I think that's an unrealistic expectation. I also don't think we'll catch them. I think the Wild Card is the best bet for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Winning 4-game series is difficult against bad teams--let alone good ones. If we split the 4 gamer, and win the two three gamers, we pick up 2 games. Assuming we don't **** the bed otherwise, that puts us at a reasonable 4-game deficit with 60-ish games to go.

I'd love to curb stomp them and win 8 or 9 of the next 10 against them, but I think that's an unrealistic expectation. I also don't think we'll catch them. I think the Wild Card is the best bet for us.

like i said earlier.  we need to go 9-5 against the braves to catch them.  

• Like 1

Just now, skinfan2k said:

like i said earlier.  we need to go 9-5 against the braves to catch them.  

And we have 10 against them in the next month--one more 4 gamer. So we'll have to win one four gamer, or sweep them in a 3-gamer. Man, I love pennant races.

First things first: beating the Phillies. Need to win 2/3 here, at least. That team is in disarray, their pitching stinks, their manager is an idiot, and Bryce Harper is a douchebag.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And we have 10 against them in the next month--one more 4 gamer. So we'll have to win one four gamer, or sweep them in a 3-gamer. Man, I love pennant races.

First things first: beating the Phillies. Need to win 2/3 here, at least. That team is in disarray, their pitching stinks, their manager is an idiot, and Bryce Harper is a douchebag.

9 or 10.  same freaking thing.  we have to win 2/3 of the remaining matchups.  

• Like 1

Alright this is why ESPN sucks. From a MLB Weekend Watch article:

TSchoenfield: Harper has hit pretty well against the Nats so far in 11 games: .270/.449/.514, with 12 walks and 13 strikeouts (and 10 hits). Seems like the Nats have pitched him pretty carefully, which means more walks and fewer hits. So I'll go strikeouts.

Yes, he's hitting .270/.449/.514 against us. Good numbers. However...

His slashline the 1st two games: .714/.800/1.286

Since: .167/.333/.358

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Sweep the O's

Win the 3-gamers

Split the 4-gamers.

The series against Bmore is going to be where you see guys get a game off. Sandwiched between division series. You want your best players to start all of those. 

and that is no disrespect to Baltimore. If it were the Yankees or Tampa or Boston or whoever in the AL. That's how you approach it.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 1

Amid a flurry of activity Thursday, the Washington Nationals placed reliever Jonny Venters on the 10-day injured list with an undisclosed injury. The move was retroactive to Monday, meaning the earliest Venters will be eligible to return is July 18.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/12/nationals-shift-minor-league-pitchers-around-preparation-seasons-second-half/?utm_term=.f8d19a99a565

30 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Ughh Max's start on sunday is being pushed back due to back tightness. Not a good thing.  

I guess all that tightly clenched anger has to go somewhere.

Maybe hit up a massage parlor in the rough part of town idk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1