Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 8/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

At least five potential buyers have toured Nats; bids expected in weeks

www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/08/12/washington-nationals-sale-stanley-middleman/

At least five interested parties, including mortgage mogul Stanley Middleman and South Korean billionaire Michael B. Kim, have looked through the Washington Nationals’ financial reports and met with team personnel, and the Lerner family will seek initial bids before the end of the regular season for a potential sale of the team, according to multiple people familiar with the process.

I don’t understand how, if you know that you’re going to sell the team, why you’d trade your biggest superstar with multiple years of team control remaining?  Make the sale, let new ownership come in and make the decision on whether to commit long term on Juan Soto.  Such a terrible trade.

38 minutes ago, Commander -JB- said:

I don’t understand how, if you know that you’re going to sell the team, why you’d trade your biggest superstar with multiple years of team control remaining?  Make the sale, let new ownership come in and make the decision on whether to commit long term on Juan Soto.  Such a terrible trade.

Superstars come and go, apparently from a business perspective low payroll in high value TV market with a really good farm system was a better sell, i imagine dont hit the market very often. New owners might of traded him, too...

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, Commander -JB- said:

Because he flat was not signing an extension, and the likelihood of re-signing him in free agency was minimal. You trade him because you maximize his return with a haul of prospects. Most every analyst said it was the biggest haul they've ever seen. It's also been almost 2 months, this should be clear by now.

• Riggo#44 changed the title to 2022 Washington Nationals Thread: The New Class