Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Metalhead said:

IIRC, a few years ago a philly fan, at their own stadium, induced vomiting to himself to throw up on another fan.

On a young girl wearing Nats gear. Like a 9 year old. He defends those people while claiming a fan crossed the line by saying his son was disappointed in him. Krew is going to get ridiculed WAY worse than that for the name he was given. You know what kids in Philly are going to say to him if his dad hits .260 and the Phillies miss the playoffs?!?

• Haha 3

Kick his ass, PB

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

while claiming a fan crossed the line by saying his son was disappointed in him.

That's all that was said? Are you serious? Figured someone said something like they'd kill his kid and sell his organs on the black market, and even then, that's probably just regular banter at a game in Philly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Your 3 week old child is disappointed in you" is a funny heckle because 3 week olds have no capacity for disappointment. I don't expect a parent involved to be able to separate themselves from the situation, but it's funny because it's absurd. 

If the fan was talking about an older kid, it wouldn't be funny. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

"Your 3 week old child is disappointed in you" is a funny heckle because 3 week olds have no capacity for disappointment. I don't expect a parent involved to be able to separate themselves from the situation, but it's funny because it's absurd. 

If the fan was talking about an older kid, it wouldn't be funny. 

And all Bryce had to do to both diffuse the "vitriol" and end the heckling was to turn and say, "He better get used to it!" The entire group would have started laughing. Instead, he whines to the Philly reporters and has his wife tweet something out. Now it's a national story. And the kicker is, IT WAS A RED SOX FAN WHO YELLED IT. Wasn't even a Nats fan.

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1

Have nothing bad to say about Bryce. I wanted to keep him (not at that contract). He gave them basically an identical season that he gave Washington the year before. I do believe he'll have better performance years to come unless injuries happen. He's not the reason they didn't make the post-season.

But he's not dumb and neither is his agent. Blasting another fan base and praising his home fans sounds planned before winter in Vegas. Having his wife ready to tweet with details so quickly..... well. she should have waited until a day later. Sure feels like there was a plan and all they needed was something to say it crossed the line. It's just all two perfect and lined up.

Last thing he wants is negative press next spring from that fanbase. This gets a city thinking less about 2019.

• Like 1

I think it'll work. He's going to vanish from Philly until April. If Boras is smart, he'll make sure he's confiscated all of Bryce's Cowboys and Golden Knights gear. Because the reaction up there is going to be much harsher than here when he did that stuff. Him in Dallas wearing a hat/jersey on TV during a game, maybe in Jerry's booth. #ChefKiss. 

• Like 1