Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How hilarious is it that we're basically funding the Orioles and they're STILL an abject disaster of a franchise? Its like that spoiled rich kid who gets all of daddy's money but blows it all on cocaine and crashes the family porsche.

I've been saying this for years.

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How hilarious is it that we're basically funding the Orioles and they're STILL an abject disaster of a franchise? Its like that spoiled rich kid who gets all of daddy's money but blows it all on cocaine and crashes the family porsche.

Leave Don, Jr. out of this. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bearrock said:

Masn already paid 190+ mil of that 296, so it owes Nats another 100 mil.

No, the total is 475 million or something.  Subtract what the Nats have already been paid and you get that high 200's number.  This award is additional money.

Edited by Forehead

34 minutes ago, Forehead said:

No, the total is 475 million or something.  Subtract what the Nats have already been paid and you get that high 200's number.  This award is additional money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-lose-latest-round-in-masn-lawsuit-20190823-ww6a53a7nraipgwuypgxef2gt4-story.html%3foutputType=amp

The new arbitration award is almost identical to the one that was thrown out and sent back to a new Major League Baseball arbitration panel, but the gross number is believed to include the reported $197.5 million the network already has paid the Nationals for the five seasons covered. That would leave about $100 million still owed to the Nationals if the award survives another appeal, and the amount the Nats would actually receive likely would be reduced once MASN restates its profits from that period to reflect the higher rights fee.

34 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Shocker. But, from what I've read, there is a good chance the appeal will be denied.

Yeah, but it will take 2 years. And after that, they will try to refile and appeal again. Angelos has zero intention of ever paying, and MASN will declare bankruptcy before he cuts that check...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

You're right, I was reading this one:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/judge-confirms-orioles-owe-nationals-2968-million-tv-rights

I misread the 475 as the actual award, not what the Nats had asked for, and thought the 200+ was the difference between what they had already been paid and that total amount.

Either way, Angelos will die before the Nats see a penny of it, I think we can all agree on that.

• Like 2