Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't believe we're actually gonna get baseball. It sucks to have to defend our 'ship in a shortened mess of a season, but something's better than nothing.

It sucks unless we repeat.  Imagine the roar at Nationals Park if we repeat and are not able to go to postseason games or win the world series at home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It won't  be that bad (for us). Non Fall games are usually pretty tame 80% of the time. Football will be the sport that suffers the most from no fans

Actually, I think the TFKA the Redskins will benefit from it. 

It'll be interesting to see how this season goes--preseason "analysis" loves the Mets, like they do every year. Basically their assumption is everyone who sucked last year returns to form and no one regresses.

Sorry if repost, but does anyone have a link or way of watching the improbable documentary they showed in may? I found part 2 on MLB.com, but for some reason I can't find part 1. Is there a reason they're hiding that one? Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No clue, fam. You got a Fire stick? That's probably the only way, without actually paying. Maybe you get lucky and see it on MLBTV.

I'll pay for it. Can't even find a way to do that. It's like they don't want people to see part 1 for some reason

14 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

How do you guys keep Nats hats in good condition?  Feels like the red hats get terrible after a few wears. 

No doubt.  I had my old red Nats hat for years.  It was jacked lol Got then new WS red hat after the title run.  Still in good shape thus far!!!

https://theathletic.com/1943984/2020/07/23/law-2020-predictions-and-potential-breakout-candidates/

Keith Law 2020 MLB predictions:

NL East predicted standings
NL East W L
Washington
NY Mets
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Miami

Division Series

New York Yankees defeat Minnesota Twins
Houston Astros defeat Tampa Bay Rays
Los Angeles Dodgers defeat New York Mets
Washington Nationals defeat Cincinnati Reds

League Championship Series

Houston Astros defeat New York Yankees
Los Angeles Dodgers defeat Washington Nationals

World Series

Los Angeles Dodgers over Houston Astros

National League MVP: Juan Soto, OF, Washington

If the Nats are going to be NL East champions, they’ll need bigger offensive contributions from some of their returning players to replace some of what they’ve lost from Anthony Rendon … but, fortunately, they have this 21-year-old superstar in right field who looks like he’s a few points of BABIP away from becoming one of the top five players in the NL.

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No clue, fam. You got a Fire stick? That's probably the only way, without actually paying. Maybe you get lucky and see it on MLBTV.

I have a fire stick and MASN is not on there, that I know of. Mostly cause Angelos sucks.

I don't get the Mets love. Their rotation is in shambles. Yes, deGrom is fantastic, but after him, their #2 starter is who? Matz? Porcello? Wacha? Stroman is decent, but he's on the shelf "week to week." deGrom's back is already acting up. They might have a really good offense, but it fall apart too Cano and Nimmo need to bounce back, JD Davis needs to prove he's not a one-year wonder. Is Alonso going to hit the prorated portion of 50 bombs again? Everyone is touting their pen, based on what? Famila, Betances, and Diaz might be good, but they were injured/terrible last year. Everyone is predicting a sudden bounce back?

It'll be us and the Braves again.

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Very nervous that this season will make it a few weeks and then shut down with a COVID outbreak.

Passan has an article on ESPN (I’ll try to find the link) where a player speculated that “horny dudes on the road” is what is going to make the whole thing fall apart. Go chasing tail and catch the covid... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I do not like the New York Yankees.

I'm biased because that's where I started.

Probably going to watch it with Pops, he watched World Series with me and tipped his hat in game 7.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm biased because that's where I started.

Probably going to watch it with Pops, he watched World Series with me and tipped his hat in game 7.

I am sure he did not want to see the Astros win. God I am so happy we won...but we also beat those cheating assholes.

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am sure he did not want to see the Astros win. God I am so happy we won...but we also beat those cheating assholes.

My father is the M. Bison of baseball fans, constantly reminding me its adorable at best unless it's in October and November.

Being from DC and giving up on DC baseball when it took too long for them to get a new team, he adopted the Yankees while living Manhattan, actually going to games up there.

He was too far gone to all the sudden start rooting for the DC team, similar to how some people were too deep into the Orioles to cross over.

But he was happy for me and happy his hometown finally got a parade.  And ecstatic we avenged his team's death by those bammas from Houston.

inigo.gif.5f9654e13c1e18e624d9c7975a03f2a9.gif

"My name is Washington Nationals Fan. You killed my father's baseball team. Prepare to die."

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1